PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-08-2020, 07:57 AM #1
geardownson

Annual Supporting Member
Need some help! Dlx 2.0 oled issue

I recently started buying gear back. I wanted to take my son to a scenario game at the end of the month. I picked up a luxe oled. The market come stock. I upgraded the bolt and i have the feather touch and manifold screw in. I put on a first strike bottle on it. Output on it is about 850. When i first got it all together it immediately started leaking out of the solenoid hole. I turned the velocity all the way down and it stopped. Then i turned it up maybe 3/4 of a turn and shot about 50 paintballs and it shot decent. I then refilled my tank and went to shoot again and it's leaking from the the solenoid hole again. I turn it all the way down and it fires one or two shots then the bolt starts fluttering and the leak comes back. It appears to much pressure is making it to the solenoid so it's venting. Has anyone else had this issue? I didn't have a 3/8th allen to break down the regulator and i will do that today. Is there a certain part in it that i need to be looking at for this issue? Thank you for any input. I need to get this thing going for the upcoming game.
geardownson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2020, 04:07 PM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
My number one recommendation with a used marker is to buy a full DLX rebuild kit, and do a one over on the entire marker. It’ll be a great way to learn the marker inside and out.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:49 PM #3
geardownson

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
My number one recommendation with a used marker is to buy a full DLX rebuild kit, and do a one over on the entire marker. It’ll be a great way to learn the marker inside and out.
Thanks for the response.

Im at a loss on this one but not totally. Im not afraid to tear a marker apart to tech it. Ive watched a bunch of vids on this marker as well.Its funny that one of the best sources is a guy from England aside from the mustache guy. I have the o ring kit and have been replacing rings here an there. The encore bolt was brand new so all the rings there looked great an they were greased so im deducting that out as an issue. As of tonight i finally got the right hex to pull the reg. everything looked good EXCEPT the end of the regulator piston. I see a small chunk missing from it. I have ordered another. Just for ****s an giggles i greased the rings up and put it all back together. NOW the leak when i hook up my tank is not coming from the little hole on the left of the solenoid. I used to be able to put my finger over it an stop it. Now the leak is higher. I cant pinpoint where. I unscrewed my manifold screw to stock setting and completely removed the feathertouch screw. I also replaced the o ring in that area in between the grip an top. The leak is still there. Ill post a pic of the piston top. Im ok if that my issue but what baffles me is that the previous owner sent me a vid of the marker shooting ropes with the stock bolt. The way he went out of his way to send me videos and document the marker leads me to believe he wasn't doing anything malicious. He was sending me things i didn't ask for.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:51 PM #4
geardownson

Annual Supporting Member
Piston top
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0508201820_1588989072892.jpg (261.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-08-2020, 08:54 PM #5
geardownson

Annual Supporting Member
My velocity is turned all the way down just an fwi

I also put the stock bolt back in and had the same issue so i reverted back to doing testing with the encore.

Last edited by geardownson : 05-08-2020 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:22 PM #6
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
the bad reg seat on the reg piston can cause the marker to over pressurize for sure. this is what your issue totally could be, id order 2, 1 to use now and 1 spare.