Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2020, 12:08 PM #22
Mr. Charlie
Dye M2 and M3s+
 
Mr. Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: FL
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Yeah, seems kinda odd.

However, perhaps it’s because the Marker doesn’t have Eyes and only uses a Detent?

It still seems like an incomplete design...
__________________
Gonna scare you up and shoot ya, cause Mr. Charlie told me so.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2020, 01:21 PM #23
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT
 
The Inflicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Nashville, TN
Interesting body design, though I do wonder how much of a market there is for an MG body that has no sight rail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Hart View Post
You can always put the stock body back on if you want to play hopper ball.
That or use a warp adapter.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:44 PM #24
Jordan Hart
 
 
Jordan Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Interesting body design, though I do wonder how much of a market there is for an MG body that has no sight rail.



That or use a warp adapter.
Probably small! When I release an emek magfeed trigger frame for a "bonesaw" conversion kit the milling choice will make more sense. My goal is to bring magfeed to speedball, not to bring a more milsim look to paintball. I have a ton of fun playing magfeed on the airball field, but there were no options for a speedball looking gun. I was going to wait until next month when I've got inventory ready to show the emek conversion kit but it'll be fun if there are some rumors floating around.

That being said, I'll definitely be making an AR style conversion kit as well. I had no idea that Simon was working on that AR100 (safe to say he had no idea I was working on an EMF100 body as well). I think he did a great job but I'd like to do an upper and lower (body kit and trigger frame), and integrate takedown pins so it comes apart like an AR without screws.
__________________
http://www.hartlangill.com for BoneSaw Body

BoneSaw creation video:
https://youtu.be/XrdztAs6g2U

Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jordan-g-hart
Jordan Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:18 PM #25
PBSales
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Yeah, seems kinda odd.

However, perhaps itís because the Marker doesnít have Eyes and only uses a Detent?

It still seems like an incomplete design...
Hard to look at that body and say it is an incomplete design. It isn't much different than the original cocker detents. Except for Dye (of course) I think people are just used to full eye covers.

As a former metal worker I am always amazed at the things Engineers and Machinist can do.
PBSales is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:01 PM #26
Jordan Hart
 
 
Jordan Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
Hard to look at that body and say it is an incomplete design. It isn't much different than the original cocker detents. Except for Dye (of course) I think people are just used to full eye covers.

As a former metal worker I am always amazed at the things Engineers and Machinist can do.
Haha thanks, I was getting roasted there for a minute. I tried a bunch of different concepts for detent covers and wasn't happy with any of them. All of them needed a screw to hold them in, and I didn't want to fill in that big pocket because it's a major design feature.

Even though it's not a minimalist body design, this was a minimalist solution to holding in the detents. It's actually a wide flange head screw (one piece), not a screw and a washer. I thought it gave a bit of an industrial look to the design. I love the aesthetic it gives and like simplifying things so it was a good solution. I think eye covers are important when you're covering eyes, but there's no eyes to cover on the EMF100.

But yeah if you guys want fancier eye covers and I get a lot of feedback on that I can fire up good 'ol solidworks and cook some up.
__________________
http://www.hartlangill.com for BoneSaw Body

BoneSaw creation video:
https://youtu.be/XrdztAs6g2U

Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jordan-g-hart
Jordan Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:57 PM #27
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT
 
The Inflicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Hart View Post
Probably small! When I release an emek magfeed trigger frame for a "bonesaw" conversion kit the milling choice will make more sense. My goal is to bring magfeed to speedball, not to bring a more milsim look to paintball. I have a ton of fun playing magfeed on the airball field, but there were no options for a speedball looking gun. I was going to wait until next month when I've got inventory ready to show the emek conversion kit but it'll be fun if there are some rumors floating around.

That being said, I'll definitely be making an AR style conversion kit as well. I had no idea that Simon was working on that AR100 (safe to say he had no idea I was working on an EMF100 body as well). I think he did a great job but I'd like to do an upper and lower (body kit and trigger frame), and integrate takedown pins so it comes apart like an AR without screws.
Makes more sense to hear you explain it that way.
Beautiful machining on these things.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:21 PM #28
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19
 
soccerguy243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
hopefully one doesn't take a core sample and catch that backcap anywhere on the body.
__________________
FOR SALE: Crossfire HP 4500psi reg, Ninja 4500psi Reg
"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot
VETERAN MILITIA
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 09:22 PM #29
going_home
Hebrews 13:8
 
going_home's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jeet Yet ?
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Are these going to come with the spikes on the back cap ?
__________________
"Censorship happens when powerful people get scared." Michael Krieger

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:22 PM #30
Wartex
 
 
Wartex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Please please make a lower receiver that takes T15 mags, you will sell WAYYY more bodies as a ton of people would like Gamma engine in an AR15 replica rather than a space gun.
Wartex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 04:07 PM #31
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot
 
vijil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Zealand
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartex View Post
Please please make a lower receiver that takes T15 mags, you will sell WAYYY more bodies as a ton of people would like Gamma engine in an AR15 replica rather than a space gun.
The whole reason he made this is because he's not interested in milsim, so...

I'm the same. I'd much rather play magfed on a speedball field than anywhere else, and I don't care if the gun looks like a nerf. It's about the super limited paint, reloading skills, and not having a hopper or pump arm to deal with.
__________________
The fun PB formats blog
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump