ReplyNews Ups

Old 09-27-2021, 03:53 PM #43
NYpaintballer80

has been a member for 10 years
NYpaintballer80 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
NYpaintballer80 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyLman View Post
What's the general consensus on the DSR+? Reliable? Worth it? Not really?

I used mine for the first time yesterday. Put about 5k through it. Before a couple of points it had some bolt stick on the first shot after letting it sit for a while. Not a big deal and likely due to me neglecting lubing it out of the box.

Not a fan of the feedneck. I must have overtightened it or something, cause I couldn't pull the lever to loosen the feedneck to get my hopper off. Instead, the feedneck screw bent in half while I was trying to pull the lever and now I have to figure out how to get the screw out, since it obviously won't back out now that it's bent.

The trigger out of the box is OK. It ramped pretty quick, although after the day was over I did decide to remove the spring completely (personal preference). Another weird thing is if you tighten the trigger retaining screw down too much it binds the trigger. So you have to kind of halfway tighten it in the frame.

The marker shot very well. We were shooting VERY brittle ultra evil paint (it would break if you dropped it from knee height in the cooler morning temps), and it handled it nicely. It's very smooth. I left the SFR in the "+" position, which my understanding is that it's the "softest" shot setting. There is ZERO information on the SFR adjustment in the manual, which I thought was odd.
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2021, 04:12 PM #44
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I mean, how often does a ref actually look at that? I would 100% try to use it in that configuration in a mech event
i wonder why people aren't coming back to play paintball... be honest and play fair.
VETERAN MILITIAPaintball
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:16 PM #45
feignfacade

feignfacade owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i played with my dsr+ yesterday shot about 2500 rounds of three star and ultra evil, zero breaks. it did have bolt stick on the very first few shots right out of the box. i wiped down the bolt and inside of the gun and reapplied lube which fixed the issue. Middle of the day the activation screw on the trigger backed out which then wouldn't let me shoot. I applied a drop of blue locktite i also removed the trigger spring. i might do a magnet mod for it. At first the trigger looked really funky but after playing with it, it all made sense and shooting it in semi and getting it to ramp with one finger was a breeze. The SFR is a game changer the thing sounds really squishy when shooting almost like a geo. the shot quality was smooth. the really only complaint about the marker is the feedneck but its easily fixed with an upgraded part.
feignfacade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:54 PM #46
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyLman View Post
What's the general consensus on the DSR+? Reliable? Worth it? Not really?
They should definitely be reliable. The original DSR is a proven reliable marker and this + model has even fewer seals. They seem worth it to me, I am just trying to rationalize buying one to go with the Invader CS2 Pro and Etha 2 that I already own.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:07 PM #47
Dr Furtrix

is playing at Living Legends XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by feignfacade View Post
i played with my dsr+ yesterday shot about 2500 rounds of three star and ultra evil, zero breaks. it did have bolt stick on the very first few shots right out of the box. i wiped down the bolt and inside of the gun and reapplied lube which fixed the issue. Middle of the day the activation screw on the trigger backed out which then wouldn't let me shoot. I applied a drop of blue locktite i also removed the trigger spring. i might do a magnet mod for it. At first the trigger looked really funky but after playing with it, it all made sense and shooting it in semi and getting it to ramp with one finger was a breeze. The SFR is a game changer the thing sounds really squishy when shooting almost like a geo. the shot quality was smooth. the really only complaint about the marker is the feedneck but its easily fixed with an upgraded part.
What was your feedneck issue?
Dr Furtrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:39 PM #48
feignfacade

feignfacade owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Furtrix View Post
What was your feedneck issue?
oh sorry the stock feed neck doesn't have a thumb screw on the lever so it was kinda tricky getting the right tension on spire. I just put some electrical tape on the feed neck of the spire and it fixed the "issue"
feignfacade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:23 AM #49
Mr. Charlie

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
^You can use the Thumbscrew from an Inception Designs Feedneck. Hopefully Simon will sell just the Thumbscrew. I’m not sure if any others fit but it’s possible. Mine is just now on the way to me so I can’t test any of the ones I have…
Old 09-28-2021, 07:30 AM #50
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
The aftermarket is going to provide thumbwheels.

DYE
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:57 AM #51
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
The aftermarket is going to provide thumbwheels.
In the same way that virtue expected aftermarket to do the spring ramp for their hopper?
Old 09-28-2021, 10:13 AM #52
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
In the same way that virtue expected aftermarket to do the spring ramp for their hopper?
It is a matter of preference and not performance. False equivalency is false.

DYE
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:42 AM #53
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
It is a matter of preference and not performance. False equivalency is false.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing.
Old 10-02-2021, 01:29 AM #54
the other one
Goldy

the other one supports our troops
Both Inception designs and the feedneck thumbwheel screw from the Empire Vanquish 2.0/GT works as well... but that thumbwheel is wider, so it'll need a small washer or two small o-rings as spacers.

the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 04:57 AM #55
Mr. Charlie

^Yeah, Planet Eclipse/Exalt thumbscrews are too thick, the Empire/Inception ones are the same size as the DSR+.

I was able to find a “Thumb Wheel Nut” for Empire Feednecks that I guess attaches to the end to the regular screw to turn it into a Thumbscrew? Don’t want to buy one and have it not fit though. I’ll just wait until Exalt or Inception sells them separately…
Old 10-02-2021, 10:53 PM #56
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
i believe they saved on payment of the thumb screw royalty to dangerous power by not including it and you having to do it at a later date yourself.