John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Edmonton Impact wins Florida NXL Event - first pro event of 2021

Edmonton Impact dominated the Florida National Xball League (NXL) event this last weekend without losing a match. Impact came out of the toughest division, winning all of their games, and looked difficult to stop the entire event. The final match was low-scoring with a crucial no-point in the middle, but Infamous was unable to hold onto their early lead and ultimately lost to Impact.

Damage, Russian Legion and Xfactor all looked strong enough to take the event at different times but none were able to outlast Impact in the Florida heat and sandy terrain.

Alex "Mouse" Goldman won the Golden Barrel by eliminating the most opponents of any single pro player. He played absolutely brilliantly counterpunching down the snake repeatedly turning around points. Mouse also had the distinction of making his spot alive every single point. An amazing feat in itself.

Impact's superstar squad added Matt "Fuzzy" Jackson, formerly of AC Dallas, in the off-season. Matt was a solid contributor on the field getting numerous spins and earning his first ever pro win. The only Canadian able to make the trip from the team was founding member JC Cornell. Even owner Bart Yachimec and his sons could not attend.

GI Sportz new "Bright Glo" tournament paint equally dominated the event sweeping the following divisions (including all Xball divisions):

Professional - Edmonton Impact
Semi-Pro - New England Hurricanes
D2 Xball (there is no D1 in the NXL) - TNB
D3 Xball - Philly A's
D4 Xball - Coalition (in the first event together)
D5 Xball - Tropic Thunder
Mechanical 5-man - Blast Camp Revolution
D3 5-man - Blackout

A dozen or more teams officially switched to GI paint as the event went on and numerous more teams scored (or tried to score) GI paint through unofficial channels to avoid getting in sponsorship trouble and still shoot GI paint.

The event was held in the same Kissimmee cow pasture 10-man events took place in the late 90's and early aughts. This was the scene of the infamous Sniper Incident before the start of Xball and the move to Disney.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2021, 01:49 PM #2
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Ahhhh, there’s John. I knew impacts win would bring him back on here to post some news.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:15 PM #3
chevota

has been a member for 10 years
chevota owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Congratz to Impact, They played great all weekend, playing super tight and pulling points out when they should of lost that points. Which made the difference in the finals.
Mouse was on fire all weekend, saved Impact a few times over the weekend. JC played killer on the D side, Jrab also played killer all weekend and Leviel and Arod both played killer up the middle and just about everyone on the team pulled out a win at some point during the weekend.

So glad to see Fuzzy get his first win, the emotion on his face was priceless. Way to save that point in the finals.

Congratz to Rob and Trevor as well, I believe it was there first Pro win as well.

Awesome to see Infamous back in the finals.

Legion, Damage and X-factor all played awesome over the weekend.

And who was that Thunder Team? so cool to see them make Sunday. Hope they can keep up that play all year.

Last edited by chevota : 05-06-2021 at 01:34 PM.
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:19 PM #4
natexcarr
Doesn't need friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
A dozen or more teams officially switched to GI paint as the event went on and numerous more teams scored (or tried to score) GI paint through unofficial channels to avoid getting in sponsorship trouble.
Weird flex but ok.
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:51 PM #5
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Ahhhh, there’s John. I knew impacts win would bring him back on here to post some news.
Just sad that no one bothered to post it before me. Oh well. Times change.

I've been a fan of Impact since Josh Davey was stunting. One of the best players to ever play. But it was really the Impact Series that helped put our Youtube on the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natexcarr View Post
Weird flex but ok.
Haha, I always find it funny when pro teams realize your paint is so much better than theirs and go to great lengths to score it. That dates back to my PMI days shooting Ultra Evil with teams like Dynasty in their heyday coming to our staging asking for some.
Old 05-04-2021, 04:44 PM #6
$$AMONEY$$

$$AMONEY$$ is a Supporting Member
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
$$AMONEY$$ plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:

Haha, I always find it funny when pro teams realize your paint is so much better than theirs and go to great lengths to score it. That dates back to my PMI days shooting Ultra Evil with teams like Dynasty in their heyday coming to our staging asking for some.
I remember a GI rep giving us 2 tickets for Hellfire paint for every sealed case of Ultra Evil we traded him. He saw us carrying our paint and ran from behind the counter in the GI tent to just to trade us paint. I wonder which GI pro team it went to.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:13 PM #7
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Just sad that no one bothered to post it before me. Oh well. Times change.

I've been a fan of Impact since Josh Davey was stunting. One of the best players to ever play. But it was really the Impact Series that helped put our Youtube on the map.

I know he played with impact but I thought josh Davey came up with Oakland assassins. I could be wrong though.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:23 PM #8
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I know he played with impact but I thought josh Davey came up with Oakland assassins. I could be wrong though.
No, you aren't wrong. Josh played with the Assassins. But he was from Canada. Then he played on Impact in the NPPL and and with Dynasty in the PSP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $$AMONEY$$ View Post
I remember a GI rep giving us 2 tickets for Hellfire paint for every sealed case of Ultra Evil we traded him. He saw us carrying our paint and ran from behind the counter in the GI tent to just to trade us paint. I wonder which GI pro team it went to.
Hellfire. That was a long time ago. Ultra Evil was the truth. Lots of paint shenanigans over the years for sure. I wonder what the event was or who the rep was.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:52 PM #9
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Hellfire. That was a long time ago. Ultra Evil was the truth. Lots of paint shenanigans over the years for sure. I wonder what the event was or who the rep was.
There used to be a 10 man a couple weeks after cup every year just south of Chicago my team would hit up and there were always 3 or 4 guys from Aftershock that would show up with their leftover paint from cup. One year Dino showed up with some of that yellow fill ultra evil with the powder in it. My lanyard is still stained yellow from getting lit the hell up in the game we played against him. There hasn’t been a paint as good since that stuff as far as I’m concerned.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:32 PM #10
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
There used to be a 10 man a couple weeks after cup every year just south of Chicago my team would hit up and there were always 3 or 4 guys from Aftershock that would show up with their leftover paint from cup. One year Dino showed up with some of that yellow fill ultra evil with the powder in it. My lanyard is still stained yellow from getting lit the hell up in the game we played against him. There hasnít been a paint as good since that stuff as far as Iím concerned.
Sudden Impact 10-man was a tradition. That was before Ultra Evil. That's when it was just called Evil or OG Bright Glow.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:24 PM #11
Knucklez
SD MOB

Knucklez plays in the PSP
Knucklez posts videos on PbNation
Knucklez is an NCPA player
Mouse, killin it.

Congrats M!

Biggest surprise for me this tournament: ACiesel not placing top 4.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:53 PM #12
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Impact looked to be one step ahead of everyone they played, but the other teams didn’t look too far behind either. With covid effecting rosters it’ll be interesting to see if Impact can hold onto that dominance they seem to own, especially once all the teams get back to full strength. Impact doesn’t have their whole roster either though... Anyways. Congratulations to Impact for a flawless showing, that was fun to watch.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
-Powerhouse Competition Regulators
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-M3+, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, and Dye LT-r Loader. [ speedball ]
-CC AMP, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye LT-r Loader. [ woodsball]
2022 Speedball Team contract killer ( free agent )
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:53 PM #13
timebomb
the missing link

timebomb is a Supporting Member
timebomb is a founding member
timebomb works for a Paintball manufacturer
timebomb donated to help Peyton Trent
timebomb owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
bahahahahaha
timebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:33 AM #14
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Jesus, the use of PBn to become the official GI propaganda channel hurts my eyes. First, just flat out taking the PBn IG to become GI 2.0 page, now just pure injection of marketing propoganda into the news section.

Its easy to ensure all teams are shooting your paint when you are consistently willing to lose money and go into deep debt to make that happen lol.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:03 AM #15
gbk2

gbk2 is an NCPA National Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Jesus, the use of PBn to become the official GI propaganda channel hurts my eyes. First, just flat out taking the PBn IG to become GI 2.0 page, now just pure injection of marketing propoganda into the news section.

Its easy to ensure all teams are shooting your paint when you are consistently willing to lose money and go into deep debt to make that happen lol.
speaking truth to power
gbk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:30 AM #16
mDub TK

mDub TK is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL 2
mDub TK plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:

Dynasty still does this
mDub TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:55 PM #17
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Jesus, the use of PBn to become the official GI propaganda channel hurts my eyes.
Same. We get it, GI has good paint.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:07 PM #18
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:

I mean when the parent company cans John but doesn't seem to care what happens around here I'm not surprised that John knows who butters his bread now and he's probably got all the same privileges from before he got let go.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:57 PM #19
PBSales

Quote:

I noticed that also but decided not to say anything. The guy has kids. He has to feed them. Life is a struggle. You do what you have too.

I miss RPScherer Gator Black. The opponent couldn't see that coming. In the woods anyway
Old 05-05-2021, 05:17 PM #20
FreakinJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
I noticed that also but decided not to say anything. The guy has kids. He has to feed them. Life is a struggle. You do what you have too.
If anyone deserves to come in here and wipe his boots on the carpet, it's him. **** yo' couch, pbnation!

All pink RPScherer was my all time favorite - it looked cool in pods, looked cool to shoot and we didn't know how good we had it before it disappeared.
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:01 PM #21
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Everyone was pumped for Matt's first pro win completely forgetting it was also Rob Valez's first pro win since becoming pro in 2012!
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.