Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2017, 12:14 PM #1
RubyR0b0t
HOWNOWBROWNCOW

RubyR0b0t has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
RubyR0b0t supports Ninja Paintball
B2K's instock brand new.. Blast from the past

Soo.. I was doing some research, and for you ICD lovers out there, I thought I would share my discovery.

ANSgear.com has blue, red, and silver (non-vision) B2K's in stock. WTF right?
http://www.ansgear.com/Indian_Creek_...sterb2kred.htm

I am actually tempted to pick one up myself, do a few upgrades on it, and save it as a back-up gun.

I'm sure a feedneck, reg, on/off, barrel (Since they're cocker threaded), and a shocktech bolt will make this shoot nicely and should be easy to obtain. Add a stupid fast loader, and light tank and it should keep up just fine.

Any who cheers!
Red 32* Vision Impulse
Green 32* NDZ'd vision Impulse
Blue Base WAS'd + NDZ'd Impulse
Dust Black Rat Jr WAS'd + NDZ'd Impulse
https://soundcloud.com/reuben-douros
RubyR0b0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2017, 09:36 PM #2
RT88

RT88 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
RT88 is an NCPA player
RT88 plays in the APPA D5 division
I picked up a blue one! Got the shock tech bolt straight from ANS as well, and a feed neck plus minor rebuild kit (o-rings only) from ICD themselves. I'm thinking about buying a red one too. Such a good price for a real classic.
RT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:35 AM #3
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shocktech bolts are horrible. Other than being shorter, they have horrible fit inside the breech.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:21 PM #4
McSquared

McSquared supports Ninja Paintball
I'm getting back into paintball and considering buying one for my 10 y/o. I remember when these guys were fairly popular. Great price too
McSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:47 PM #5
NoCommonBigfoot

Ansgear also has some Psycho ballistics superbolt, and lightning
NoCommonBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:52 PM #6
Nobody609

Wow, this is turning into a sales pitch thread...

IMHO, though i love the platform and anyone that does get these should know that if they are NOS (New Old Stock) that they should be disassembled first and relube ld before use. That is 12y/o lube in there and the orings could and should be replaced.

But a blind gun, even with better loaders now than what they had when new, is at a disadvantage to even the higher low end guns of today.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:50 AM #7
RubyR0b0t
HOWNOWBROWNCOW

HAHAHA well definitely didn't intend for this to be a sale pitch.

I noticed them, and it totally got me thinking to share the deets. I'm glad someone picked one up. Thinking about grabbing a silver one with matching cp reg, cp on/off, cp barrel, and a shocktech bolt potentially.
Red 32* Vision Impulse
Old 02-14-2017, 11:51 AM #8
RubyR0b0t
HOWNOWBROWNCOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSquared View Post
I'm getting back into paintball and considering buying one for my 10 y/o. I remember when these guys were fairly popular. Great price too
They're still cool oldschool guns. IMO I have some older impulses that do just fine for play.
Red 32* Vision Impulse
Old 02-14-2017, 11:52 AM #9
RubyR0b0t
HOWNOWBROWNCOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody609 View Post
Shocktech bolts are horrible. Other than being shorter, they have horrible fit inside the breech.
Won't they break in after use? Most brand new bolts will be snug at first. After about a case of paint, they will break in and "mold" sort of speak to the breach.

I imagine you will have to replace the O-ring-dent after some initial use.
Red 32* Vision Impulse
Old 02-14-2017, 06:41 PM #10
Nobody609

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyR0b0t View Post
Won't they break in after use? Most brand new bolts will be snug at first. After about a case of paint, they will break in and "mold" sort of speak to the breach.

I imagine you will have to replace the O-ring-dent after some initial use.
Shocktech bolts don't use an oring. Stock, they generally are the hot dog down the hallway. The best test is hold the gun up to a light and see how much light escapes around it. You will be horrified by it. And where there is light, there will be air.

A stock ICD bolt, though some consider too long (cycling mass and such), are great bolts. High flow, detent reliefs, and i have known some to dye them. The best thing is the bolt bins with them. Hell, if you are very sought after to get one, tell me the colour you want, i should have it. Have a good dozen of them.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:45 PM #11
Nobody609

Quote:
They're still cool oldschool guns. IMO I have some older impulses that do just fine for play.
Too right. They have excellent efficency even stock, shoot great and though the aftermarket never supported them as much as others, especially where they needed it (the regs, vert mainly), they are very forgiving. Just do a home mod for the detent. The oring sucks.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:59 PM #12
RubyR0b0t
HOWNOWBROWNCOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody609 View Post
Too right. They have excellent efficency even stock, shoot great and though the aftermarket never supported them as much as others, especially where they needed it (the regs, vert mainly), they are very forgiving. Just do a home mod for the detent. The oring sucks.
Roger that man! I guess I'll see once I get my hands on one for fun. It will be nice to have an another oldschool for a back up.
Red 32* Vision Impulse
Old 03-02-2017, 11:44 AM #13
srd11
Ooooh... Shiny!

srd11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
srd11 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
srd11 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
srd11 supports Empire
I just placed an order for one, myself. I plan on swapping out the reg and feedneck right out of the box, and tossing an on/off ASA on it. Going CP for those items. I'll also be doing a full tear down, and replacing every o-ring in the beast, ANS said they already did that, but they don't go so far as to say WHEN they did that... Not really interested in picking prehistoric o-ring particles out of every tiny air passage in the dang thing, so it's not getting shot with any rings I didn't put in myself.

Once I'm done my overhaul, I'll try posting pics and maybe a shooting video...
Ninja SL77
srd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:47 AM #14
RubyR0b0t
HOWNOWBROWNCOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by srd11 View Post
I just placed an order for one, myself. I plan on swapping out the reg and feedneck right out of the box, and tossing an on/off ASA on it. Going CP for those items. I'll also be doing a full tear down, and replacing every o-ring in the beast, ANS said they already did that, but they don't go so far as to say WHEN they did that... Not really interested in picking prehistoric o-ring particles out of every tiny air passage in the dang thing, so it's not getting shot with any rings I didn't put in myself.

Once I'm done my overhaul, I'll try posting pics and maybe a shooting video...
HELL YEA! I am soo glad to hear this man. The oldschool deserves to have good homes. Please make a thread once you get it and a shooting video.
Red 32* Vision Impulse
Old 03-02-2017, 03:27 PM #15
srd11
Ooooh... Shiny!

srd11 supports Empire
Quote:
HELL YEA! I am soo glad to hear this man. The oldschool deserves to have good homes. Please make a thread once you get it and a shooting video.
I'm planning on stripping it down and detailing everything before I so much as put air through it, but I also plan to document that with photos and video (as much so I know how everything goes back together as anything... lol) So I will post that, probably as I go along. There will be a shooting video as soon as it's done.

This will actually be the first time I've done a "project" electronic gun, the last, and really only other deep refurb/mod I did was on my X7... It won't be as wild as what some of the 'cocker fans get up to, but I'm guessing even the craziest of those guys started out small...
Ninja SL77
Old 03-02-2017, 10:54 PM #16
u238

has been a member for 10 years
u238 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
u238 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
u238 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This is pretty cool. I might pick one up for the hell of it. I've never used anything ICD. Are these pretty decent, mechanically?
u238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:51 PM #17
RubyR0b0t
HOWNOWBROWNCOW

Quote:
I'm planning on stripping it down and detailing everything before I so much as put air through it, but I also plan to document that with photos and video (as much so I know how everything goes back together as anything... lol) So I will post that, probably as I go along. There will be a shooting video as soon as it's done.

This will actually be the first time I've done a "project" electronic gun, the last, and really only other deep refurb/mod I did was on my X7... It won't be as wild as what some of the 'cocker fans get up to, but I'm guessing even the craziest of those guys started out small...
I personally think this is a great project in general to have. Classic markers like these rocked back in the day, and they will stand up just fine in todays speedball/ woodsball fields. I look forward to your project. Send me an IM when you have a thread going.
Red 32* Vision Impulse
Old 03-03-2017, 12:54 PM #18
RubyR0b0t
HOWNOWBROWNCOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by u238 View Post
This is pretty cool. I might pick one up for the hell of it. I've never used anything ICD. Are these pretty decent, mechanically?
Yes sir man! That is why I shared my findings. I thought they were cool back in the day. And they are very decent.

In stock form, you can expect them to shoot pretty nice. Little upgrades here and there will help make the gun look and shoot nicer. (feedneck, grips, reg, barrel, on/off, bolt, other little mods)

I think they cap at 13bps without eyes. But there is soo much you can do to these guns.
Red 32* Vision Impulse
Old 03-03-2017, 01:58 PM #19
srd11
Ooooh... Shiny!

srd11 supports Empire
Quote:
I personally think this is a great project in general to have. Classic markers like these rocked back in the day, and they will stand up just fine in todays speedball/ woodsball fields. I look forward to your project. Send me an IM when you have a thread going.
You can count on that IM!

I have seen a number of posts on here mentioning that it may be hard to get parts for these guns. Well, I have been going back and forth with Gary Adams, at ICD to get my hands on some genuine service parts, and to try to find a source for 'noids, and that fine gentleman has gone to a fair bit of trouble to make sure I have everything I need.

I have a complete rebuild kit on order, and he supplied me with all the information I could possibly need to source a solenoid... I just happen to work in industrial pneumatics, so I plan on ordering right from Humphrey or Parker.

I don't think these are the ideal gun for someone starting out in paintball today, just like I don't think a classic Porsche 911 is the right car for a new driver, but for someone that loves classic markers, the mechanical parts ARE available to make these guns go. My one concern is what I'll do if I need a new board... Time will tell.
Ninja SL77
Old 03-03-2017, 02:13 PM #20
RubyR0b0t
HOWNOWBROWNCOW

Quote:
You can count on that IM!

I have seen a number of posts on here mentioning that it may be hard to get parts for these guns. Well, I have been going back and forth with Gary Adams, at ICD to get my hands on some genuine service parts, and to try to find a source for 'noids, and that fine gentleman has gone to a fair bit of trouble to make sure I have everything I need.

I have a complete rebuild kit on order, and he supplied me with all the information I could possibly need to source a solenoid... I just happen to work in industrial pneumatics, so I plan on ordering right from Humphrey or Parker.

I don't think these are the ideal gun for someone starting out in paintball today, just like I don't think a classic Porsche 911 is the right car for a new driver, but for someone that loves classic markers, the mechanical parts ARE available to make these guns go. My one concern is what I'll do if I need a new board... Time will tell.
That is AWESOME of Gary. Their support is amazing, and always has been. Sweet, hopefully you can get your hands on a couple of brand new noids. I found some a while back from a site that had a back stock of them from back in the day.

Agreed, sir. Perfect example. I wonder if you could use an Intimidator WAS board or a "T" board with break beam eyes? I'd imagine with a good drill, bit, multiple measuring, along with careful hands, you could get them installed at home without too much pain.
Red 32* Vision Impulse
Old 03-03-2017, 02:32 PM #21
srd11
Ooooh... Shiny!

srd11 supports Empire
Since I have access to a machine shop, along with a skilled machinist, I have considered doing something just like that. I've actually thought of using a modern board, perhaps one out of an Etek5, so I can have all the toys, including the oled screen, and a supply of replacements likely to last, but I'll have to see what fits, and what needs to be milled to make that happen. It's not at the top of my list.

As far as 'noids go, I'm passing the info along to my suppliers, with luck, I can get a modern equivalent solenoid, rather than NOS. Most of the solenoids we use in paintball are dirt-common in industry, used as pilot valves, so I should be able to lay hands on one made in the last year or two.

If I do have luck on that front, you can be sure I will post my findings.
Ninja SL77