Old 07-07-2014, 02:25 PM #22
Twaltz628
n00b for 8 yrs & counting

has been a member for 10 years
Twaltz628 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 supports Ninja Paintball
Twaltz628 supports Empire
Imped, I bet you have a pretty interesting collection of guns. I read a few of you're comparisons and you mention quite a few markers. Do you have a "show-off" page in the curator's corner?
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2014, 02:38 PM #23
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
No I don't but I suppose I could do that. It's really not that interesting--I started playing back in 98 and played strong until about 2006. I quit playing until last spring when I decided to go full bore again. So naturally, I really love some of the guns from the 05-07ish era--I'm a big fan of FEP, Infinity, MacDev and WDP/APS. I've also been around cockers since day 1 and have built a ton of them. I've got an entire chest full of old cocker stuff.

I'm a big Cyborg fan and have owned a ton of them through the years--actually the first gun I picked up last spring when I started playing again was a very clean dust black (my favorite color on a gun) 06 Cyborg, which I owned up until a couple months ago. I sold it because I just much prefer the newer, lighter more comfortable guns that shoot just as nice, like the new Impulse. I had a couple absolutely beautiful 07 Cyborgs but sold them, as well. I've sold a couple Quests and a couple A1 Flys (1 of them the very rare Fly SE) in the last year.

Right now I own two Infinity Legends, 1 Quest, the Impulse, a Gothic A1 Fly and tons of cool Angel parts, my trusty Axe, Resurrection cocker, and now the Insight. Everything is black except the Angel, which is dust red with gloss black accents. I've actually got the Quest for sale on mcb right now, simply because I don't use it much at all and the ergnomics finally just bug me. Other than that, I firmly believe it to be one of the best spoolies of all time, even now. It was definitely ahead of its time and it just does everything well. I may not sell it unless I get a great cash offer. My all-around favorite gun ever is still the Legend just because it's a tank, shoots great, and feels great despite being a bit porky. So far, I feel like the Impulse is a smaller, lighter, more ergonomic Cyborg. It shoots so damn nice and aside from the LPR being in the way, it feels amazing.

Sorry for the novel.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:35 PM #24
imped4now
BTFU

Might as well post some up in here:

07 Quest I built from two different Quests

A mini-Orracle based cocker built from spare parts

Cyborg RX

Quest

07 Cyborg, 07 Quest, Angel GAT

Another RX

Legend #1 (still own)

06 Cyborg

Prostock based cocker built from parts

Very rare gloss black 07 Cyborg

A1 Fly SE and SE'd A1 Fly

Dust black 07 Cyborg

Another RX (I actually dislike these things, don't know why I owned so many)

G6R

My current SE'd A1 Fly

The IMP

The RES

The AXE

The Quest

Legend 2

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
Old 07-07-2014, 09:16 PM #25
Evil Rocky

Evil Rocky supports Ninja Paintball
Nice collection. Why don't you like the cyborgs? I loved mine.
Max Gerhard #1 fan!!!
Evil Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:06 AM #26
imped4now
BTFU

I love non-RX's. I just was never happy with the RX platform. It was much more finicky and issue-prone than the generations prior to it. I love 06 and 07's.

Lurker27:
Old 07-08-2014, 10:14 PM #27
Twaltz628

Hmm, I like the black one Anyway, I was right, its a nice collection. It would be tough to chose what to shoot with that collection
Old 07-08-2014, 10:19 PM #28
ScottQ
lefty scissors

ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Now that is a sweet collection!
ScottQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:28 PM #29
imped4now
BTFU

Just to be clear.....the only markers I currently own are the bottom 6 + "Legend #1" posted up higher. Everything else was sold to thin out the herd. I regret selling some of them but realistically, it's dumb to own that many markers when you can only carry one onto the field. And plus, guns like the Cyborgs are obsolete compared to the Impulse and there's no point in owning them if they won't get used. The older guns I still own (Legends, Quest, Angel) are still around because they're just that awesome.

Lurker27:
Old 07-09-2014, 01:20 PM #30
imped4now
BTFU

Come on work week....

End.

Lurker27:
Old 07-09-2014, 01:30 PM #31
superman3043
Zero Kidz

superman3043 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yes end please! Unfortunately, it's starting to look like our tournament this Sunday is going to get canceled due to lack of participation. Sucks because we've been prepping and looking forward to it for so long.

It's looking like we're going to be forced into another retirement which sucks. There just seems to be no place to play nowadays that are local or at least reasonably regional. Not interested in playing nationally at all, with the exception of World Cup possibly.

If I had to hang it up, I guess it'd be back to golf, Call of Duty, and off-roading for me. On a better note, my daughter turns one year old tomorrow so we'll be celebrating that this weekend. Man where does the time go?
The Zero Adultz 2014
superman3043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:49 PM #32
imped4now
BTFU

Offroading huh? That's the entire reason I got out of paintball in the first place.

And when my interest in it died down (still have the Jeep) I picked up paintball again. Dude, just play rec ball and scenarios.

Lurker27:
Old 07-09-2014, 03:43 PM #33
superman3043
Zero Kidz

Nice! Yeah, wheeling is every bit as expensive of a hobby as paintball if not more so.

I sort of had the same evolution. It was paintball when the weather was nice, then snowboarding when it turned cold. When I put the paintball gun away, the golf clubs came out and when it wasn't good golfing weather, the XBox came out, which really helped fill the paintball void. Since we always played on organized teams and took it way too seriously. It's really a nice cheap way to get your paintball fix indoors. Then fell into wheeling. The irony of it all is the guy that got me into 4wheeling also was the same guy that brought me back to paintball.

Here's my little Toyota 4Runner (the white one)

I've tried a scenario back in the day and it just wasn't the same. Maybe should give it another go because it seems to be the only popular form of paintball currently. Now that I'm older it could be more my speed. Rec ball? Maybe. I wouldn't feel right playing against rec players though.
The Zero Adultz 2014
Old 07-09-2014, 04:26 PM #34
imped4now
BTFU

Maybe it's different around here but 'rec ball' is probably 50% older guys that still love to play paintball but no longer have the time or desire to play in a league....I sure as hell don't. I'd much rather play against some competition than little kids and more often than not there's plenty of rec competition at my local field.

Good looking 4Runner. Glad to see you're one of the few who actually scratch up Rockstars. Here's my TJ:

Lurker27:
Old 07-10-2014, 07:33 AM #35
superman3043
Zero Kidz

SICK Jeep!!

Yeah sounds like "Rec" has a different connotation from there to here. I've not been to a field to play recreation-ally since I first started playing a long time ago, but when we say "rec ball", it's still means kids with rentals and Tippmanns in my mind. Feels like I was thrust into tournament play as soon as I started to like the game, so every moment at the fields have been spent playing tournaments, training for tournaments, drilling, scrimmaging, etc. Not that I'm complaining, because it's what I like, but it might not be a bad idea to go out and goof around and just have fun.

Most guys around here that have invested the time and money on equipment and honing their skills take it seriously and usually belong to a team. My current team is all guys that have retired from the game a long time ago that I brought back with me when I decided to play. Over half of us are former Pros so it really limits where we can play, even with all the de-ranking and re-classifications. We really are playing for the camaraderie and team spirit of the sport, but I guess structured tournaments are just where we're comfortable. Our competitive nature I guess. It's really the same reason I enjoyed Call of Duty. I rarely ever played lone wolf. Only enjoyed playing with my friends and working together to accomplish a goal.

I've enjoyed being able to mentor newer players and friends who want to get into the sport to. Maybe that'll be my niche. I've got a group of friends that are pretty new to the game and coming up through the beginner ranks and it's been rewarding to see their growth. I'll mentor them when I can and maybe even roster up with the guys when the event rules allow it.

They finally officially canned our July event yesterday evening, but plan to push forward with the August one. We'll see.
The Zero Adultz 2014
Old 07-10-2014, 08:37 AM #36
ScottQ
lefty scissors

ScottQ is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman3043 View Post
yes end please! Unfortunately, it's starting to look like our tournament this Sunday is going to get canceled due to lack of participation. Sucks because we've been prepping and looking forward to it for so long.

It's looking like we're going to be forced into another retirement which sucks. There just seems to be no place to play nowadays that are local or at least reasonably regional. Not interested in playing nationally at all, with the exception of World Cup possibly.

If I had to hang it up, I guess it'd be back to golf, Call of Duty, and off-roading for me. On a better note, my daughter turns one year old tomorrow so we'll be celebrating that this weekend. Man where does the time go?

So the paintball scene in SC/NC is dead? I grew up playing the CFOA and ACTS, good times indeed. I'm surprised Rob doesn't have more local tournaments at his field in Rock hill.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:53 AM #37
superman3043
Zero Kidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottQ View Post
So the paintball scene in SC/NC is dead? I grew up playing the CFOA and ACTS, good times indeed. I'm surprised Rob doesn't have more local tournaments at his field in Rock hill.
Yeah that seems to be the case. I just started back playing this year since quitting back in 06' and it's really a sad scene. The CFOA is a shell of it's former self. It went from a 2 day event that drew 125 teams of players from rookies to pros to a single day that might host 20 teams of D4 and D5 players. Really just caters to new players. That's sort of the main issue, is basically all the local guys that don't want to play PSP have basically "ranked out" of playing anything local.

Rob has 3 PBC fields in the region and they have a 3 man series that seems to be doing ok. But then again, it's all new players (D5 & D6).

Don't know what to say. Seem like my past playing days were the pinnacle of our sport and I don't know if it'll ever return to that form. Would hate to see paintball go the way of "rollerblading" or something like that.
The Zero Adultz 2014
Old 07-10-2014, 10:49 AM #38
imped4now
BTFU

Yeah, the tournament scene in general is much smaller and less exciting now than it used to be. That further supports my opinion that it's just no longer worth the effort, time and money when I can have a nice day of good play with decent competition at my desired pace.

Lurker27:
Old 07-10-2014, 11:05 PM #39
Evil Rocky

Evil Rocky supports Ninja Paintball
Well here is my Impulse with my new DM14

Max Gerhard #1 fan!!!
Evil Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:29 AM #40
ScottQ
lefty scissors

ScottQ is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Yeah, the tournament scene in general is much smaller and less exciting now than it used to be. That further supports my opinion that it's just no longer worth the effort, time and money when I can have a nice day of good play with decent competition at my desired pace.
I love playing tournaments but as a D3 player, I can't really play in the local tournaments. While regional stuff is cheaper than the PSP - I can't justify the 10+ hour drive.

Rec ball is still fun, and if the competition isn't very good, switch to a pump or oldschool cocker
Old 07-11-2014, 10:40 AM #41
imped4now
BTFU

Yep, that's what my Resurrection is for.....love it. Big scenario game this weekend and my Insight just showed up. Should be a great time.

Lurker27:
Old 07-11-2014, 01:03 PM #42
Twaltz628

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottQ View Post
I've played over most of NC and yeah, it's mostly kids with rentals. It seems to be coming back though, just slowly. A lot of people that took a break for a few years and are slowly coming back into it.
It makes sense I guess, All the people that were into right around the time the paintball industry broke down coupled with the economy were going into college and couldn't afford to play. Now, they've graduated and are picking it back up again since they have jobs. At least that's what I've been seeing and the case for myself. I was lucky to go once a year while I was in undergrad; now this year I'm going about once a month and only planning on playing more.