Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-16-2017, 03:15 PM #1
Kbsdiaz

Alien Deception issues

Hello guys, I'm having issues with the pressure of my marker. As soon as I bought it I went on YouTube to look up the break in tuning video that was available on their youtube page. Trying to follow their video led to me having an issue with pressure, I could not for the life of me get over 220 fps. I decided to then take it to a shop to see what they would tell me. They suggested I change one of the smaller orings. Once we did that we were able to get up to field speeds but it was very inconsistent, there was also now a small leak but according to the shop owner said it was due to not having the exact size oring available. Fast forward a few days and when I'm at the field I have inconsistent speeds and when I try to fiddle with it to try to bring it back to field speeds it wouldn't go over 200 once again. Thoughts?
Kbsdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2017, 12:09 AM #2
blackevoIX

has been a member for 10 years
blackevoIX has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't have any experience with the deception, but I have had a similar experiences with my invasion. I sliced an oring putting the ram back in and the first oring I tried wouldn't seal fully and I could hear a slight leak. I ended up trying a few different orings (from the same bag) until one sealed.
I also had similar velocity issues, but my gun was shooting extremely high 350s. I put both regulators set screws to flush, chrono'd and adjusted both Until I was happy. Gun shoots like dream now. Again, this was with an invasion and not the deception. Not sure if this will be any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blackevoIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:07 PM #3
os2k

os2k owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
os2k supports DLX Technology
os2k supports Shocker RSX
os2k supports Ninja Paintball
There s afew things to check... 1. Batteties. 2 rammer got to be grease not oiled. You can put one drop of oil on bolt oring.3 put your dwell at eight. 4 Screw your lpr clockwise ovet a chrono see if thay help. You can also post in alien page on facebook you will jave better response and from Griffan. He knows better then any pbner.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:52 AM #4
hoot1

hoot1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
What is the pressure coming from your tank? Is it to low?

Markers, Alien Deception, 1 of 16 PB4A Geo3, 1 of 10 SL Alien Independence, 1 of 5 Alien Army Invasion, (2) 2012 Alien Invasion, KP3, Traccer, Tippman Pro Carbine, 2001 Shocktech Hook up Autococker, Automag.
hoot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:49 AM #5
os2k

os2k owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
os2k supports DLX Technology
os2k supports Shocker RSX
os2k supports Ninja Paintball
The tank pressure can not be too low, but it can be too high. Don t go over 550psi ( one shim in ninja tank = +- 550psi ...).
Old 05-27-2017, 06:43 AM #6
hoot1

hoot1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by os2k View Post
The tank pressure can not be too low, but it can be too high. Don t go over 550psi ( one shim in ninja tank = +- 550psi ...).
I would disagree with statement. I started off using a tank that had a SLP regulator on it for my Deception. It just would not "recharge" fast enough with the SLP. Switched to the Ninja Pro just as you describe and haven't had an issue since.

Markers, Alien Deception, 1 of 16 PB4A Geo3, 1 of 10 SL Alien Independence, 1 of 5 Alien Army Invasion, (2) 2012 Alien Invasion, KP3, Traccer, Tippman Pro Carbine, 2001 Shocktech Hook up Autococker, Automag.
hoot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:00 AM #7
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

griffan2 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoot1 View Post
I would disagree with statement. I started off using a tank that had a SLP regulator on it for my Deception. It just would not "recharge" fast enough with the SLP. Switched to the Ninja Pro just as you describe and haven't had an issue since.
it can be as high as needed, just makes it shoot a little rougher and it makes the ASA lever harder to turn.

some of the guns were good with the SLP, some didnt cycle fast enough as you discovered. I always recomend 550 or as close as you can get but they shoot fine at standard pressure.

My question for op is, what did the gun do when you got it? was there a reason you fealt you needed to adjust the settings? also if you just drop me a line here ill get you my number, give me a call when you have paint and air ready, ill walk you through tuning her up

New 1 piece Dual-bored barrels out now from Parabolic!

Last edited by griffan2 : 05-29-2017 at 02:40 AM.
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:34 PM #8
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbsdiaz View Post
Hello guys, I'm having issues with the pressure of my marker. As soon as I bought it I went on YouTube to look up the break in tuning video that was available on their youtube page. Trying to follow their video led to me having an issue with pressure, I could not for the life of me get over 220 fps. I decided to then take it to a shop to see what they would tell me. They suggested I change one of the smaller o'rings. Once we did that we were able to get up to field speeds but it was very inconsistent, there was also now a small leak but according to the shop owner said it was due to not having the exact size oring available. Fast forward a few days and when I'm at the field I have inconsistent speeds and when I try to fiddle with it to try to bring it back to field speeds it wouldn't go over 200 once again. Thoughts?
OK first off - Sorry to be so so slow in seeing this post
Second, Swapping out O'Rings is a very bad idea
Third, please notice that in over 2 years this issue has not come up before, so it's not inherent in the design. You didn't say if you bought it used and I'm guessing, only guessing, that it was used otherwise you might have been more upset
Anyway I see someone else didn't find a SLP tank that worked well and I do use Ninja tanks - the newest being the Ninja pros. As I understand it you can get shims and phone hep to change the SLP's to higher pressure, however I have heard from many that the SLP's work very well so maybe it was something else.

Bottom line is if you gun still has a leak, call (leave a number if I don't answer right away - way to many robo calls to always drop everything to grab the phone) and tell me what O'Ring they replaced. Then we can fix the gun correctly.
Players my rammers don't operate in a way that has the air pressure working against the O'Ring and wearing them out. The O'Rings will work for at least a half a million shots. The guns need very little maintenance and if you are lubing the rammer more than at the start of the season and lubing more than the rammer and the two O'Ring in the two regs you are over servicing the gun. Not really a problem but not necessary.

So Kbsdiaz, call if it isn't shooting great
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote