Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2020, 10:25 AM #64
firefoxx04
Up the Irons
 
firefoxx04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaguePB View Post
Nailed it. By your own admission you exclude the actual "World" financially.

US cup. Not USA, US. becasue its just you.
Russian Legion, one of the best xball teams in history thinks otherwise.

Best teams in the world play NXL, its the World Cup. Keep crying.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2020, 12:12 PM #65
lawf
 
 
lawf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaguePB View Post
Who determined the best leagues comprised of the best players? America. Hockey, Basketball, Baseball and Paintball only exists at your self imposed level by your reckoning. Australia might as well have the world cup of AFL but we don't becasue we recognise the regional focus of it. It doesn't add to your argument, just your arrogance.
The players themselves determined it? How does ANY league become the elite league?

Why are there different levels in high school? Why does college sports have 3 different skill divisions? Why does EVERY sport have a "Pro" level that trickles all the way down to beginner? Who picks the pros?

You're just dumb lmfao

I get it, you're a salty bitter man. Doesn't give you an excuse to be stupid and ignorant lol.

Last edited by lawf : 07-17-2020 at 12:16 PM.
lawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:29 PM #66
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll
 
Trevor the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chi-Raq
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaguePB View Post
This.

Also, the US is the "World" champions at having "World Cups" that no one outside the US competes in.

You'd think be being called "World" something there would be countries outside of your own involved otherwise just call it the US Cup.
They are called "World Champions" because they are playing in the best leagues in the whole world comprised of the best players in the world.

NHL - Best Hockey League in the WORLD
NBA - Best Basketball
MLB - Best Baseball
NXL - Best 5-man Paintball league

the only one I think is actually stupid is the NFL considering its basically a North America thing only.
I used to play hockey and the KHL is pretty much on par with the NHL. NHL is slightly better though but you’d be surprised how good the hockey teams are in Europe. DUring the Winter Olympics, half the guys on the Russian and sweden teams don’t even play in the NHL, and they’ve won a lot in the olympics
__________________
Trevor the Great Nostradamus
Very well behaved and neat guy overall.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:53 PM #67
kyLman
m i c h i g a n g s t e r
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
kyLman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaguePB View Post
Who determined the best leagues comprised of the best players? America. Hockey, Basketball, Baseball and Paintball only exists at your self imposed level by your reckoning. Australia might as well have the world cup of AFL but we don't because we recognize the regional focus of it. It doesn't add to your argument, just your arrogance.

Right now no other country wants anything to do with your infection rate. Keep your US cup.
It's easy to deduce where the best leagues are in the world... we have the Olympics. Routinely, the best talent in the WORLD wants to play in USA sports leagues. USA runs basketball every olympics, majority of the time hockey, baseball as well etc.

If you ask other countries that play the level of paintball we do, they would probably argue they want to compete in the United States leagues to play the best in the world.
kyLman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 12:02 AM #68
lawf
 
 
lawf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I used to play hockey and the KHL is pretty much on par with the NHL. NHL is slightly better though but you’d be surprised how good the hockey teams are in Europe. DUring the Winter Olympics, half the guys on the Russian and sweden teams don’t even play in the NHL, and they’ve won a lot in the olympics
yeah but the other half do. There's a reason Ovi, Malkin, literally every best player from every nationality plays in the NHL and players who have left the NHL to go to the KHL come back(if they are good enough, usually the KHL is the go to for NHL rejects who have too much pride to play in the AHL) because its a better league.

Its like comparing the leagues in the CHL(WHL, OHL, QMJHL) to the USHL league. Yeah they can contend, but they will lose 4/5 games(ushl that is).

ps i played too. d3 acha champs while i was in college.

Last edited by lawf : 07-21-2020 at 12:04 AM.
lawf is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump