Old 11-13-2013, 07:07 AM #1
Codypbnation
Name's Ball,Paint Ball

Codypbnation is playing at Living Legends VII
Codypbnation owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Codypbnation is attending Decay of Nations VII
Codypbnation supports DLX Technology
Turn your paintball gun into the most powerful air soft gun with Morphfire

Introducing the new product from morph fire. Turn your paintball gun into a 600+fps air soft gun .
Check out my flex collection https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4042142
Codypbnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2013, 08:06 AM #2
liquidfiretibby

liquidfiretibby plays in the PSP
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby posts videos on PbNation
liquidfiretibby plays in the APPA D4 division
liquidfiretibby has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
saw this before. pretty sure you can only use it on spyders....safety issues tho? 600+ fps is pretty damn fast. what does normal airsoft shoot at??

United
liquidfiretibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:09 AM #3
BatmanLiera

BatmanLiera supports DLX Technology
BatmanLiera supports Shocker RSX
BatmanLiera supports Ninja Paintball
Hustle paintball did a cool video of it

BUT it's not Airsoft it's BB guns metal bb that I can tell
Old 11-13-2013, 08:13 AM #4
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
I dont think real nice Air soft guns (all metal, full auto and such) go much over 300fps.. and at that speed they give a nice sting, especially up close.

The idea of cranking up your air soft gun and paintball gun to the max are why I usually only play at PB fields...
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:38 AM #5
Japy
Paragon 2014

Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
The problem with airsoft is there's not really a REAL standard. It varies upon the place. Some guns will shoot up to 500fps and that's acceptable for the bolt action variety. Others shoot 200ish.

They also use BB's of significantly different weights which has a definitive impact on the amount of energy the BB's carry.

It's all pretty renegade.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:35 AM #6
XKE

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
XKE plays in the APPA D1 division
Several local paintball fields have opened themselves up to airsoft players, and like Japy noted - it feels like the wild west out there.

Airsoft players do not use barrel covers of any sorts. Which scares the **** out of me, as the airsoft players tend to be regularly dry firing guns (markers?) in each others faces pretty regularly.
There does not appear to be any required standard safety gear.
FPS regulation seems to be spotty at best.

These issues can obviously be sorted out by responsible field owners/management. But the airsoft community as a whole needs to take safety regulation more seriously before injuries to children give their sport a bad rap.
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:19 AM #7
pound
Avid Death Squad

pound donated to help Peyton Trent
pound supports Bob Gurnsey
pound posts videos on PbNation
pound is Boss
pound supports Ninja Paintball
pound supports Empire
We sell both Airsoft and Paintball and the majority of the Airsoft guns velocity out of the box is 340-400FPS. Now that is for your standard AEG (Automatic Electronic Gun) guns, M4, G36, AK47, M16. Sniper Rifles out of the box shoot anywhere from 400-500FPS. With upgrades and fine tuning you can get these guns to shoot up in to the 700FPS. I don't know of any fields in this area that allow you to shoot that HOT but some of the Airsoft guns are high enough quality to sustain that FPS.
pound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:51 AM #8
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Winning? supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymiusII View Post
[*]Barrel covers are not needed (or really even made) because you can remove the magazine thus eliminating the projectiles from the gun. Equivalent to taking your hopper off your gun.
I disagree with this completely.

Would you let me pull the hopper off a paintball gun, and just shoot at your face?

I would always be scared there would be one left in the chamber regardless if you pulled the magazine/hopper off.

I'm not really knowledgable about airsoft but it seems like it would operate like a gun. One always left in the chamber...

Barrel socks/condoms/bags whatever you want to call them. Barrel socks are a necessity for any form of safety. Outside of the course/playing area where mask, and eye protection aren't required.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:00 PM #9
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Winning? supports Empire
I agree with the equality in the amount of stupid people. In both sports. Seeing as it's a constant in the ratio of smart to stupid people in our population altogether.

You're right I did miss that point. I was having difficulty reading it all cluttered together. I apologize.

So we agree on the amount of people that are stupid. Correct?
Then let's put safety nets(barrel socks) on the tips of their guns. To prevent their stupidity from hurting someone, and putting a bad name on their sport.

It's difficult for people to treat their guns like loaded weapons, when they shoot each other all day with them for fun. It's hard for them to see the difference in atmosphere (safety precautions)

All I'm saying is barrel socks are necessary. Especially for people who think pulling a magazine, or a hopper off of a gun. Make it safe to point and dry fire at someone's face.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:05 PM #10
Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Infinity Kid has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Infinity Kid supports DLX Technology
Infinity Kid supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Things to know about airsoft:[*]Airsoft FPS limits are typically 400FPS outdoor and 350 FPS indoor with .20 plastic BB's. The heavier the BB the lower the FPS limit. Bolt action Rifles are typically around 500FPS, again with .20 BB's.[*]Barrel covers are not needed (or really even made) because you can remove the magazine thus eliminating the projectiles from the gun. Equivalent to taking your hopper off your gun.[*]There are just as many stupid people that play airsoft as paintball. A gun is a gun, and should be treated like a loaded weapon at all times.[*]Eye protection is required (Safety Glasses or Metal Mesh Goggles). Face protection is advised, but not usually required. Based on the cost of this product, you can buy a normal BB gun for that amount. There is no real cost savings by doing this, and if you look at the ergonomics of this unit, it is awkward at best. I like the idea, but it needs a lot of refining before I would even consider it. Also this shoots Metal BB's
You thus have concluded your level of incompetence when you said barrel covers were not necessary. You have shown your inadequate knowledge of airsoft and Paintball.
Infinity Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:11 PM #11
Eclipse Ego Gun
Planet Eclipse Ego

Eclipse Ego Gun is playing at Living Legends VII
Eclipse Ego Gun owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Eclipse Ego Gun supports Empire
Eclipse Ego Gun owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
This product scares me. We all know how uneducated and stupid we where when we first started playing paintball.

All I can see is someone using this against paintballers no knowing any better.

You can spend $4,000 on a tournament and play 10 30 minute games, or spend $200 on a scenario and play 48 hours non stop.
Eclipse Ego Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:15 PM #12
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Winning? supports Empire
Quote:
My point was that there is never a reason to dry fire at someone's face, thus the stupid people comment.
You have to realize people are going to be stupid either way.

Paintball is safer statistically than bowling, golf, and tennis. (Which are mild sports) look it up if you don't believe me.

Paintball. Or at least organized paintball fields, tournaments, etc. emphasize safety "To the T"
Is the reason why I would expect.

I was just saying airsoft needs to have something similar. To keep those accidents such as losing eyes, to a minimum.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:17 PM #13
Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Infinity Kid has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Infinity Kid supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
My point was that there is never a reason to dry fire at someone's face, thus the stupid people comment. Reality is that there will likely not be barrel covers on airsoft guns like there are on paintball guns for exactly the reasons I noted. You can argue the point, but that is the reality. I am not saying I care one way or the other. I was just trying to add some context to the observations of airsoft players.
Once again, your scaring me with your low level of knowledge.

Like EVERY insured Paintball field, all INSURED airsoft fields REQUIRE a barrel cover. They use paintball barrel bags. Often, the majority is bright red because as they are eliminated, then throw that on and put it in the air as a "dead rag".

I can't count how many times I have accidentally pulled the luxe trigger into my barrel condom. It sucks, but it works. Granted, I do it while masks are on walking into the field which sucks much worse.

Just because your marker is powered off or your hopper of mag is out means NOTHING. Until your barrel, tank, hopper is off and you have degassed is it alright to make sure your marker is clear and safe.

Would you look down a barrel of a AR just because the mags out? Heck no. Would you look down the barrel of a paintball gun just because the persons finger isn't on the trigger that exact second. Use your head.
Infinity Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:24 PM #14
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Winning? supports Empire
image-1868053241.jpg

This is why we have barrel socks.
Welcome to Merica'

Although I do like how we would eliminate idiots this way. It reflects poorly on the sport if people lose eyes left, and right.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:32 PM #15
Danny96211

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
I dont think real nice Air soft guns (all metal, full auto and such) go much over 300fps.. and at that speed they give a nice sting, especially up close.

The idea of cranking up your air soft gun and paintball gun to the max are why I usually only play at PB fields...
No. Many airlifts guns shoot well over 300. Good quality or not. I own a $130 bolt action airsoft sniper that is made out of composite. It shoots a little over 400fps.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:09 PM #16
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

did you miss the part where I said "..nice air soft guns go much over 300fps.."

Poor choice of words on my part I suppose. I should have said "nice air soft guns can shoot well over 300fps".

The guy making the "pull the mag out and it is safe" comments needs to NEVER buy a real gun. If you cant treat a paintball marker or airsoft gun the same as a real gun then you have no place in any sort of gun community.

You can never be too safe. Like a real gun, paintball and air soft can take someones eye and ruin their vision for life. You dont want to live with doing something like that to someone.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:17 PM #17
M98custom1212

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning? View Post
I disagree with this completely.

Would you let me pull the hopper off a paintball gun, and just shoot at your face?

I would always be scared there would be one left in the chamber regardless if you pulled the magazine/hopper off.

I'm not really knowledgable about airsoft but it seems like it would operate like a gun. One always left in the chamber...

Barrel socks/condoms/bags whatever you want to call them. Barrel socks are a necessity for any form of safety. Outside of the course/playing area where mask, and eye protection aren't required.

Maybe, I should go the range with a sock over my ar15

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit..
Chief Machining
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:19 PM #18
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Winning? supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by M98custom1212 View Post
Maybe, I should go the range with a sock over my ar15
Now you're taking my statement out of context. Lol
But good one nevertheless.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:22 PM #19
Weed_eatin

wow good idea
Old 11-13-2013, 02:38 PM #20
Way2scary4u
I AM SCARY......MEOW

Way2scary4u is playing at Living Legends VI
Way2scary4u is playing at Living Legends VII
Way2scary4u is playing at Living Legends VIII
Way2scary4u supports Team VICIOUS
Way2scary4u supports Empire
What I'm wondering is if I could adjust velocity on this so it shoots at around 300 and still is fully functional.
Way2scary4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:26 PM #21
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

Ive heard of Air Softers running their gas powered guns off of paintball tanks and paintball regulators, not sure what fps they shoot for though.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.