Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-18-2019, 08:14 PM #1
cameronj93

Starting PB again with pm7

Hey guys I've been on a long term hiatus but finally getting serious about playing paintball again so I picked up a pm7. Now just need to work on getting everything else for it. Any suggestions I'll listen on what to upgrade first. Gun already comes with a CP on/off and I know a lot of people will want to mention to get a UL frame, which arent easy to find nowadays for the pm7 I've noticed.

What kind of tank is best for the pm7? Trigger or barrel upgrade needed? Thanks to anyone in advance.
cameronj93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2019, 12:08 PM #2
mueller
hypocriticizer

Honestly nothing, great shooter as is, and PROTO barrels are really pretty decent.

UL Frame (plus board plus maybe compatible ASA plus grips) doesn't materially change the marker performance.

Any tank putting out 400-1000ish PSI (so nearly all tanks) works fine.

If anything, get a smaller barrel bore option say a 680 or 684 for days where the paint is tiny. Otherwise if you want good performance, buy good paint.
mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:19 PM #3
cameronj93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mueller View Post
Honestly nothing, great shooter as is, and PROTO barrels are really pretty decent.

UL Frame (plus board plus maybe compatible ASA plus grips) doesn't materially change the marker performance.

Any tank putting out 400-1000ish PSI (so nearly all tanks) works fine.

If anything, get a smaller barrel bore option say a 680 or 684 for days where the paint is tiny. Otherwise if you want good performance, buy good paint.
Appreciate the feedback, glad I dont need to drop hundreds more on extras just to shoot up to par. Isnt a smaller barrel size for colder weather? We dont have that here in Florida lol
cameronj93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:42 PM #4
mueller
hypocriticizer

Paint shrunk in past decade. i usually buy valken and net around 684ish, but I've bought cases from other popular companies that rolled out of 677 bore.

It won't make THAT much difference... shoot what you have (which is probably 690) and see how the paint looks. Overboring is ok, some choose overboring, works fine until you have a break.
mueller is offline   Reply With Quote