Old 06-04-2020, 06:04 AM #127
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

is playing at Living Legends XI
sokopath is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
You mean cheater modes?

Like pull the trigger 3 times and you get 15 BPS for the breakout then when you stop it reverts back to 10.3 BPS?

Make Paintball Great Again?
lol I actually forgot about cheater modes. good times.

but for real, the last thing a dying sport needs is an excuse to bonus-ball someone.
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2020, 08:15 AM #128
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
You mean cheater modes?

Like pull the trigger 3 times and you get 15 BPS for the breakout then when you stop it reverts back to 10.3 BPS?

I'm restoring a DM6 and I've been on the lookout for one of those boards just to scare the hell out of the local team at the field I normally play at.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:06 AM #129
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I'm restoring a DM6 and I've been on the lookout for one of those boards just to scare the hell out of the local team at the field I normally play at.

Tadao, APE, Hater, Virtue all have it
Old 06-04-2020, 09:23 AM #130
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Tadao, APE, Hater, Virtue all have it
I've been keeping an eye out for a Virtue or a Tadao. I've seen a couple for sale but I've been to cheap to just buy them.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:48 AM #131
sellaric
Charlie561

I did a preorder and was offered one of the guns but I am ultimately decided to pass as I was hoping to get more clarification on what the luxe upgrades actually are and what the new electronics really mean. Right now its just marketing material that doesn't really explain much other than the gun and hopper talk to each other.
sellaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:51 AM #132
lawf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellaric View Post
I did a preorder and was offered one of the guns but I am ultimately decided to pass as I was hoping to get more clarification on what the luxe upgrades actually are and what the new electronics really mean. Right now its just marketing material that doesn't really explain much other than the gun and hopper talk to each other.
what could they upgrade on the gun/x other than cosmetic stuff?

literally the whole point of this virtue collab is so your gun matches your hopper, and that they talk to each other, which not a single person playing tournament paintball will use/rely on.

this is purely for recreational players willing to drop 2k on a setup.
lawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:55 PM #133
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellaric View Post
there is no upgrades besides cosmetic ones and the board inside the marker.

how much clarification do you want? it comes with new fancy spire 4 that has a has the ability to communicate with the marker over the "ifi" which im guessing is a NFC or btle communication and the whole thing can talk to your smart computer via bluetooth for updates and programming. and if the marker and loader become unpaired the marker and loader revert to classic mode just like a spire3 on a luxe x of now. plus it tracks your shooting stats. its all written out for you in the lit.

i would have one on the way right now if the dollar was so crap. with exchange duty and taxs this thing would cost me just over 3k right now.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:28 PM #134
MP40

I paid $50 less for the HK Luxe X on release and this has way more features and comes with a hopper. Quit complaining lol
MP40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:17 PM #135
Alhar

I’m not quite sure why you thought you needed to post you decided not to purchase one because you couldn’t be troubled to read. A reasonable person could have found out the aesthetics are revamped, your loader matches the marker, it has virtues board in it with Bluetooth connectivity to the spire 4 as well as any smart device which is dope for future app updates. I put a order in and will be receiving mine hopefully before my trip to asg Sunday.
Alhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:24 PM #136
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
You mean cheater modes?

I was thinking more along the lines of the true full auto (no 3 pulls) and response modes. Some boards also had a select fire which was really handing for switching from ramping back to semi if you needed to conserve paint (field allowed of course). I have played quite a few scenario games in the past where you could use pretty much whatever you wanted in the confines of a reasonable rate of fire cap. Obviously a good tournament lock feature is also important. Not practical in most situations, but with the money we spend on these things I feel like you should really have the option of doing whatever you want (backyard shooting is always fun).
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:27 PM #137
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of the true full auto (no 3 pulls) and response modes. Some boards also had a select fire which was really handing for switching from ramping back to semi if you needed to conserve paint (field allowed of course). I have played quite a few scenario games in the past where you could use pretty much whatever you wanted in the confines of a reasonable rate of fire cap. Obviously a good tournament lock feature is also important. Not practical in most situations, but with the money we spend on these things I feel like you should really have the option of doing whatever you want (backyard shooting is always fun).
mmmm i played a big game once and used 20 full auto the whole day. memories of shooting soo much paint it was disgusting mmmmmm.

but i do really like response mode, i havent used that in years. we only play true semi 10 now.