Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2020, 02:02 AM #1
Travsteezy808

05 Black Magic HELP!

Recently picked up a 05 black magic converted into a pump, the question is how do I remove the bolt sled? I don't want to bend the pump rod removing it. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated. Mahalos!
Travsteezy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2020, 04:30 AM #2
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Remove the hoses from the ram, unscrew the ram from the front block, gently pivot the pump arm to the side so the sled is completely exposed, remove the set screw from the sled, then unscrew the pump arm from the sled.

OR:

Grab the base of the ram shaft where there are threads with pliers, and slowly unscrew the pump arm from the sled after removing the set screw and bolt pin. There is enough wiggle that you won't bend the arm, but I have seen people scratch the hell out of the front block with the pliers

Edit: I need more coffee... I just saw this was a pump. Remove the bolt pin, unscrew the pump guide, slide the pump handle, arm, and sled off the guide, then unscrew the pump arm from the sled.

Last edited by vantrepes : 06-01-2020 at 04:32 AM.
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:46 AM #3
Travsteezy808

Thank you! I'll try that when I get home. Now I'll be covered if I ever turn it back into an electronic also!
Travsteezy808 is offline   Reply With Quote