PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-07-2020, 05:16 PM #1
MeowMeowMeow
Forgot my old SN & PWs...

underrated paintball markers?

What are some markers and marker brands that you believe are under-rated?

Since getting back to playing about a year before Covid. I find myself having the most amount of fun playing with the PM5 or jumping in with the rentals with a 98c.

What are some markers that you believe are underrated and deserves a shout out?
MeowMeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2020, 11:48 PM #2
Mr. Charlie

MacDev
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:28 AM #3
honculada
Austere **** Poster

has been a member for 10 years
honculada is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
honculada is Immortal
honculada supports Ninja Paintball
Thumper--very underrated to use a hammer, boomerang or just club.

Guys, please be nice to Canadians. They can't tell time because they believe in celsius.

"Originally posted by CCM CHICK: LoL! There is soooo something wrong with you! ;)"

It's not narcissism if it's also an inspiration.
honculada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:13 PM #4
ghilliesuit

More in line with the tippmann are Brass Eagle markers. Some, not all, were quite well made and similarly cheap. My first semi-auto was the Stingray II and it never let me down. Though, I did eventually move on to their better offerings and eventually other manufacturers. The BE markers always allowed me to have fun and sling some paint. They offer no advantages over a 98c, but they will do the job. Theyve been gone so long people dont even recognize them anymore when you show up with then.
ghilliesuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 09:28 AM #5
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
2nwyka supports Ninja Paintball
Viewloader has always been my favorite under-rated marker series.
Essentially just a continuation of the Brass Eagle and cheap JT markers at first, Viewloader actually moved into its own with the Genesis Surge, Maxis Pro, and VL Charger.
I've had several Viewloaders for over a decade and they still hold air and sling paint at 275 +/-10 every time I take them out.

The PMI Piranhas are another simple stacked-tube blowback that I never really had issues with. Basically just a Spyder-clone, some of them had beavertails, X-chambers, regulators, or drop-forwards, and they'd run CO2 or HPA just fine.
They were super tough, too. Bash them around in your gearbag week to week and they would still air right up with no problems.

AutoCocker Builder
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:03 AM #6
chylly

GOG Enmey. Eveybody talks about the Emek now when the Enmey is $100 cheaper. Just put a better barrel on it'll shoot better than the Emek for cheaper. It already has the potential to get higher BPS than the stock Emek. Emek beats it on efficiency though.
chylly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:23 PM #7
Cookie47

Gotta agree on the Piranha. The best spyder clone of the bunch is the Inferno line from Arrow Precision.
Cookie47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:42 AM #8
SynysterPB
dirtydanpb.com

is playing at Living Legends XI
SynysterPB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The two best markers I have ever owned no one at my field had heard of, 2013 JT Impulse and 2013 Bob Long victus. They (when tuned right) shoot LASERS.

**WTB/WTT for a Alien Revelation, If you have one or have a possible lead on one please PM me!**
SynysterPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:42 PM #9
Spinnaz

Spinnaz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spinnaz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spinnaz supports DLX Technology
Spinnaz supports Empire
Tippmann Crossover XVR. I never see anyone talk about it, and it's not a bad marker at all. I love the option to go mechanical with the flip of a switch.
Spinnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:51 AM #10
pyrothug434

pyrothug434 plays in the PSP
Smart Parts Ion back in the day, I dont know if they still hold up today. But it truly opened up the mid-end market and worked well enough compared to my DM6 at the time.

Macdev Droid- bought it brand new in like 09 and it was my favorite marker I think I have ever had. But again I don't know if any of them have held up against their age
Old 01-25-2021, 08:11 PM #11
AirAssault

AirAssault is a Supporting Member
AirAssault owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrothug434 View Post
Smart Parts Ion back in the day, I dont know if they still hold up today. But it truly opened up the mid-end market and worked well enough compared to my DM6 at the time.

Macdev Droid- bought it brand new in like 09 and it was my favorite marker I think I have ever had. But again I don't know if any of them have held up against their age
Ions are still being used and going strong even if the boards are starting no longer work r/t the armatures going bad. Just finished this build below and used it a few weekends ago.... shot awesome (even if the only "Ion" thing on it is the pressure gauge lol). Macdev is still pumping out great stuff as well.

Old 02-08-2021, 01:08 PM #12
1st-Out

PMI USP. Was marketed as more of a toy than a serious marker (it was sold in a plastic clamshell case), but for the $50 or so it cost it was a super solid pistol. Admittedly the CO2 changer and tube magazine did leave a lot to be desired.
1st-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:15 AM #13
Tim Haas
I'm right 3 times a day.

Tim Haas is a founding member
I second that. Ions. Specifically with a vp Scythe, QEV, Tech T bolt, and aka winder. I had one that shot just as smooth as my dm3’s back in the day.
Tim Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:18 PM #14
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
infinity legend. 1 oring, no one ever gave a crap about them, they were ridiculously fast in semi. a true gem to own and use.