PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 01-13-2020, 06:34 PM #148
Mr. Charlie

Well that’s lame.

At least I’d only lose $38 if they fail to deliver...

I’m pretty confident that they will deliver it eventually though. Otherwise they might make Jack Wood mad lol.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2020, 07:38 AM #149
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Well that’s lame.

At least I’d only lose $38 if they fail to deliver...

I’m pretty confident that they will deliver it eventually though. Otherwise they might make Jack Wood mad lol.
Yeah always the one thing that sucks with crowdfunding. There was a guy back years ago on here that crowdfunded a documentary for like $16k and then just vanished with the money never to be heard from again.

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3818937

Last edited by tweeter4 : 01-14-2020 at 07:41 AM.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:17 AM #150
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Yeah always the one thing that sucks with crowdfunding. There was a guy back years ago on here that crowdfunded a documentary for like $16k and then just vanished with the money never to be heard from again.

I got so much grief from people for not promoting that film. I second-guessed myself a dozen times but just couldn't make myself do it since I didn't know the people actually doing the work.

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:07 PM #151
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
Quote:
Yeah I agree, as of now, as one of he original buyers I am a bit upset. Its amazing how many people are just totally fine with them not only missing the publish date, but missing the publish date by almost a year. That is a lot of time.

I mean I feel like they keep making delays and their excuse is that "We've added even more!"

Here is an idea, deliver what hundreds of people paid for, then just release another one in the future?
That was my first impression as well. “We got everything we asked for, and have the ability to deliver exactly what we promised, on time...but instead, we’re going to double the size of the project and you’re waiting an extra year.”

Lol, what? It’s pretty obvious they were running way behind schedule and are using the “extra content” to try to make up for it, but hey as long as it gets here I’m cool with it. It wasn’t exactly time sensitive, it’s not like I ordered a special headband for an event, paid priority shipping and they sent it late and threw stickers in the bag to make up for it. It’s just a book that I’m going to throw on a table after flipping through it a couple times.

WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:07 AM #152
p8ntballa2k

p8ntballa2k is a founding member
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
After you participate in a few Kickstarter projects a delayed timeline becomes the expectation. No matter the industry or product, every project i've ever backed has missed the original timeline. No biggie for me.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:12 PM #153
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is an Administrator
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Haha, yeah. Pick two out of three:
cheap
fast
good

You know P8NT never once chose "fast"...

I feel bad for the people who weren't around back then and didn't know what they were signing up for, but I think most of us went in eyes wide open. I would have been impressed (read: shocked) to get one this month. But I am way more excited to get something better later this year.
John nailed it. I was a subscriber from the first issue and always enjoyed their magazine. One of the things that impressed me about P8NT was how they worked to honor their commitments. If memory serves me correctly, it took them a year and a half or so to produce the last twelve issues. Not only did they follow through, each issue was on-par with their standards.

I have no doubt the P8NT team will produce a great book.
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:00 PM #154
pbyrne233
Guns up, weapons hot

pbyrne233 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbyrne233 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
pbyrne233 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadmuppet View Post
Only surprise is that people are surprised a Kickstarter is delayed.
This. Only thing I've had had on time was a single issue of a comic book and an album.

Much rather have a larger book and wait a while longer.

Originally posted by Jack Wood: Shoot fools.
pbyrne233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:38 PM #155
-Smurf-
*TK CREW*

plays in the NXL
-Smurf- donated to help Peyton Trent
-Smurf- supports Bob Gurnsey
-Smurf- supports our troops
-Smurf- supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:

yea i funded that. really wish it would have came out. but i and many others got scammed.

<<<<$INFECTIOUS$>>>>
Old Feedback
-Smurf- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:04 PM #156
iamthelazerviking

iamthelazerviking owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
iamthelazerviking supports Ninja Paintball
Worth the wait in my opinion. Sad I missed my chance to back this, hopefully I will be able to see th finished product one day. Somehow.

eBay +646/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:01 AM #157
autodoc

autodoc plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
autodoc plays in the APPA D2 division
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Any word ?

Sure would be nice to have something to look over right now.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:32 AM #158
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
John supports Empire
John is All In
Here's the last update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Hass View Post
As promised, we just posted an update on the Kickstarter campaign here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2727231

You can head over there to see the full update with photos, but here's the full text:
Update on release date + 2 big announcements

Apologies to everyone for the recent radio silence—we’ve been heads down at work on the project for a while, but we wanted to take a quick break to give you an update on timing, as well as two big additions to the book.

The response to F8MOUS has been incredible, and it's grown into a bigger and more important project for all of us than we'd ever expected. It's also made us determined to produce a book that's worthy of your support.

Over the past months we've reconstructed digital files for thousands of pages of P8NT Magazine, re-edited more than 100,000 words of articles and interviews, and created high-resolution scans of more than 10,000 photos. We chose to make this book because of how incredibly rich, exciting, and important this era of paintball was, and there’s no shortage of material to draw from.

But as the book has grown in size and ambition, it's become clear that our original production schedule was simply too short. In speaking with potential printers, we realized we’d have to make a choice between cutting corners and getting books printed sooner, or waiting longer for higher production values—including better paper and printing techniques, higher resolution photos, and a book that will hold up under heavy reading and last for years to come.

When we began this project, we knew there would be hard choices we'd have to make along the way, and we agreed from the beginning that our guiding principle would be to make whatever decisions were best for the book itself.

Given that, we've made the hard decision to delay the release of the book until the fall of 2020.

We plan to wrap production and send the book to the printer by June. It will likely take two to three months for the printer to produce and deliver all the books to us, at which point they'll be packaged up and shipped to backers by October 31 at the very latest.

Everyone will have a chance to update your shipping address or adjust your order before the books ship. And if for any reason you prefer a refund to waiting, just email us at paintballf8mous@gmail.com and we'll take care of it right away.

We intentionally chose a new schedule that we believe is achievable—no one wants there to be any additional delays from this point on.

But we also made a decision from the outset to invest all of the money raised back into the production of the book itself. That we reached (and then exceeded) even our stretch goal means that we can now announce two big additions:

1) We're expanding the book to 400 total pages. There is simply too much good material, and we don't want to leave any of it out. By adding pages, we'll also be able to include some of the unpublished pieces we've uncovered, including:

• An unpublished, early profile of Renick Miller, Bad Boyz Toys and the Chicago scene, written by Matt Marshall and with photos by Chris Dilts.

• An unpublished interview and photos of John Gregory, founder of JT USA and one of the true godfathers of tournament paintball, conducted in San Diego just a few months before he sold the company and disappeared from paintball.

2) The Lost Film: In going through the photo archive, we recovered more than 150 rolls of film that were shot during the final part of the 2004 season but never developed. Not only are these photos unpublished, they've never been seen by anyone—even us. The effort and expense of having this film developed is considerable, but we've decided to move forward with processing all 150+ of these lost rolls so that they can be included in F8MOUS.

These are the final P8NT Magazine photos ever made, and they're from a crucial point in this era of paintball: the moment NXL players and teams were first allowed to compete in the NPPL Super 7, when the best players in the world were able to go head-to-head again after having been split apart for more than a year.

We hope you'll agree that the chance to add more pages, more photos, and higher production values is worth the wait.

Moving forward, we'll provide updates on the status of the book at least once a month between now and when backers receive their copies. And as always, we’ll be available to answer any questions you might have.

We recognize that any delay is a disappointment, and we appreciate your patience in waiting for the book to come together. In actuality, this is a project that began all the way back in the summer of 1998, and F8MOUS represents the culmination of a long and winding journey for all of us.

We want this to be a book you're excited to hold and experience not just when first receive it, but also five, ten, and twenty years from now.

Thanks again for all your support,

—Christopher Hass, Chris Dilts, Dan Mouradian, Dan Napoli and the rest of the F8MOUS team

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:56 PM #159
Rainingbrass

plays in the NXL
Rainingbrass owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Rainingbrass owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Rainingbrass supports Ninja Paintball
Rainingbrass owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Now it’s “Fall of 2020” pretty ballsy of them to keep stringing people along... welcome to the paintball industry I suppose
Rainingbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:51 PM #160
XKE

Not upset about delays at all. I'd much rather wait and receive a product their team is happy with than have this rushed.
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:16 PM #161
Mr. Charlie

Didn’t they say that they were going to give us more frequent updates?

I hope that this dumb Virus doesn’t cause the date to get pushed back even further.

I don’t really see how it could?
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Old 03-22-2020, 05:50 PM #162
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Didn’t they say that they were going to give us more frequent updates?

I hope that this dumb Virus doesn’t cause the date to get pushed back even further.

I don’t really see how it could?
Maybe we’ll get lucky with the quarantine and they’ll have more time to work on it so it gets done sooner.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:38 AM #163
fox5100

plays in the NXL
fox5100 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fox5100 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
fox5100 supports Shocker RSX
fox5100 supports Ninja Paintball
Any updates on this?
fox5100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:41 AM #164
hscpaintballa

hscpaintballa plays in the PSP
hscpaintballa owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
hscpaintballa supports DLX Technology
hscpaintballa supports Ninja Paintball
John posted an update a few posts above
Old 04-15-2020, 08:27 PM #165
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
“ Hello from the quarantine bunker.

We wanted to check in real quick to let you know that everyone on our end is healthy and, after some initial disruptions, work is continuing to move forward on F8MOUS.

For the time being we've had to abandon the small office that was serving as combination studio/photo archive and shift to remote work, but fortunately at this point we have digital files of most everything and we're well into the creation of the book itself.

Shortly before the world shut down, we sent out the 160+ "lost rolls" of film to be developed -- but with photo labs now closed or operating with skeleton crews, we're still waiting to get all the photos back. We'll have more updates on these soon though, as well as (hopefully) a first look at some of the photos themselves.

We've been working with a few potential printers, all of which have suffered production delays due to the shutdown, but they're hopeful they will be back up to speed within a few months.

As of right now our goal remains to have the books printed and shipped to backers by October 31.

At times like this, paintball can seem small or trivial -- but it can also feel like a lifeline. One of the best parts of this project has been reconnecting with old friends, and plugging back in (even if at a distance) to the larger paintball world. It's good to have company, now more than ever.

Stay safe,

—Christopher Hass, Chris Dilts, Dan Mouradian, Dan Napoli and the rest of the F8MOUS team”

DIRTLIFE

SCORPIONS
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 04:56 AM #166
Mr. Charlie

^Thanks for posting that!

Hopefully this is giving them lots of time to work on it and maybe they can get it out sooner?

I doubt it since they still don’t have a Publisher...

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 04-16-2020 at 05:00 AM.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:46 AM #167
zro.demise
"Back in the Day"

zro.demise owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
zro.demise owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
If it's not too much to ask and if it's not too late can you please put something in the F8MOUS Photo Book for Tim?
zro.demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:52 AM #168
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends X
kebone posts videos on PbNation
Yeah and maybe another general update, nothing but crickets since April again.

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.