tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarbutt28 View Post
I understand why theyre doing it this season obviously, but id be pretty bummed if they changed next season to the regional system. We play at most of those fields anyway during the season. Having events in different places gives you the chance to travel to areas you typically wouldn't go to and play against/watch teams you see really only those handful of times a year. Im sure someone will say just go play one of the other regionals, but the big events with teams from all over has always been a positive point to me.
I feel that is probably not the common consensus among most divisional players though. I honestly do not care who I play and most others dont either. I would rather play a team I know to be honest because I have more knowledge of them that way. And for traveling, 95% of divisional teams are run on total shoestring budgets and other than spending every moment at the field Friday-Sunday, at the airport, or at the hotel, most dont really do anything. Not to count all the event locations are in awful locations. Who the hell wants to spend extra days before or after the event to see places like rural outskirts of VA, or bum**** Texas?
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2020, 03:34 PM #65
tnarbutt28

plays in the NXL
tnarbutt28 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
tnarbutt28 supports DLX Technology
tnarbutt28 supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I feel that is probably not the common consensus among most divisional players though. I honestly do not care who I play and most others dont either. I would rather play a team I know to be honest because I have more knowledge of them that way. And for traveling, 95% of divisional teams are run on total shoestring budgets and other than spending every moment at the field Friday-Sunday, at the airport, or at the hotel, most dont really do anything. Not to count all the event locations are in awful locations. Who the hell wants to spend extra days before or after the event to see places like rural outskirts of VA, or bum**** Texas?
Thats a shame, you see all these successful camps post videos of thier teams grinding for the season on youtube and instagram, I'd have thought guys that want to come and compete would be pumped to play them. And when the day is over you have a whole new area outside of the event, idk about you but "bum****" texas bbq is a hell of alot better than the bbq we get here in NY, food alone im in for the travel. Hoping the inner fat guy in all ofnus sees my reasoning at least on that last point
tnarbutt28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:37 PM #66
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Thats a shame, you see all these successful camps post videos of thier teams grinding for the season on youtube and instagram, I'd have thought guys that want to come and compete would be pumped to play them. And when the day is over you have a whole new area outside of the event, idk about you but "bum****" texas bbq is a hell of alot better than the bbq we get here in NY, food alone im in for the travel. Hoping the inner fat guy in all ofnus sees my reasoning at least on that last point

Its not that I dont want to compete, Im just not going to get excited because I get to play "Team X" because they are from "Location Y". The goal is to win, dont care who I play to try and complete that goal.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:09 PM #67
tnarbutt28

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Its not that I dont want to compete, Im just not going to get excited because I get to play "Team X" because they are from "Location Y". The goal is to win, dont care who I play to try and complete that goal.
Yea we're on different pages in what we want out of an event. Agree to disagree
Old 05-29-2020, 08:17 PM #68
wdpballa4life
WDP for life

Quote:
i personally don't care or even want to know where the other teams are from, it dont make a difference to me in the slightest. its not like the NXL could stop you from going to events out of your region anyway if you so wanted too, so the travel is still there if you so wanted it

VETERAN MILITIA
wdpballa4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:22 PM #69
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinct3r View Post
You're missing the point. People are doing this with their precious vacation time. Paintball or not, nobody wants to pay to go spend time in/near a ghetto or in the middle of nowhere. And no sorry, good food isn't enough to justify spending money to go play paintball in a dump like joliet IL, Rock Hill SC or the middle of no where texas.
such strong opinions for an account made less than 30 days ago.
VETERAN MILITIAPaintball
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:25 AM #70
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
If the location of the tournament is irrelevant to you, why not play regional leagues? Much cheaper and usually a better experience for divisional teams.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:58 PM #71
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinct3r View Post
Such useless comments for an account made in 2007. We don't have to agree, but at least post something constructive, even if its your OPINION as to why you think events in s*** hole areas is a good idea instead of some douche remark.

Oh and nice D4 badge btw. Do you wear that when you larp?
Cool, thanks for making fun of my D4 badge. I'll be so excited to go play paintball again. I'm sorry I have a family and a full time job that deploys me from time to time.

Because of my other requirements I couldn't take paintball as seriously as I would have liked. I played many regional 3man or 5man such as the USXBL. Why? Because its cheaper for travel, cheaper for lodging (if any), and cheaper to play. I've been lucky to play a few NXL events but its been part of a family vacation as well.
VETERAN MILITIAPaintball

Last edited by soccerguy243 : 06-02-2020 at 08:03 PM.
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:56 PM #72
jtcraig93
P.E. ETEK 5 & Spyder Xtra

jtcraig93 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I know I'm personally excited to see that the NXL will be going forward with Paintball in any sort of capacity for 2020. Not trying to debate/politic. I'm just here to say I want to support the NXL on this move.
jtcraig93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:49 AM #73
tnarbutt28

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
If the location of the tournament is irrelevant to you, why not play regional leagues? Much cheaper and usually a better experience for divisional teams.
Im with this guy, we'll exchange notes on good food spots. I only play these things for the food anyway
Old 06-04-2020, 08:03 AM #74
PBSales

Quote:
A chance to play the Pro's 2x's an event was the ONLY reason I traveled for paintball. It is a bummer the divisional guys don't get to experience that anymore.

That was the only perk to travel otherwise it was cheaper/less effort to play local events in my state. The prize vs cost ratio was usually better locally also.
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:23 AM #75
tnarbutt28

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
A chance to play the Pro's 2x's an event was the ONLY reason I traveled for paintball. It is a bummer the divisional guys don't get to experience that anymore.

That was the only perk to travel otherwise it was cheaper/less effort to play local events in my state. The prize vs cost ratio was usually better locally also.
One of the reasons i like playing iron city so much, but reading through some of the comments it looks like guys only want to play events they know they have the best odds at winning going into it.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:59 AM #76
BIG T25

BIG T25 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
BIG T25 plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
One of the reasons i like playing iron city so much, but reading through some of the comments it looks like guys only want to play events they know they have the best odds at winning going into it.
I think most people just want to compete against other people at their same skill level. Competing against a similarly skilled opponent is just more fun than competing against a team that’s way better or way worse.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:07 PM #77
jtcraig93
P.E. ETEK 5 & Spyder Xtra

jtcraig93 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Have any dates been confirmed for any of the regions?! Would be cool to see if I can get off work to travel to make an event if possible.
jtcraig93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:28 PM #78
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcraig93 View Post
Have any dates been confirmed for any of the regions?! Would be cool to see if I can get off work to travel to make an event if possible.
Nothing really. Probably will be like everything else where they will announce dates and locations 3 weeks before the event. Im not sure what their plan is for the Northeast. OXCC is pretty much full of tournaments the rest of the year so not many weekends left. Maybe Topgun since they have also hosted events in the past for PSP, but its quite a different field today than it once was.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.