Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2020, 04:45 PM #1
PropaneRageMullet

Freak boring dye Ti back

Can someone point me in the direction of a machinist who can freak bore my DYE Ti back? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Last edited by PropaneRageMullet : 06-01-2020 at 04:51 PM.
PropaneRageMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2020, 02:53 AM #2
Mr. Charlie

Why on Earth would you ruin a Titanium back by freak boring it?!

Just get a SCONI back that is compatible with Dye barrel tips. They have them for regular freak inserts and the XL.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:15 AM #3
PropaneRageMullet

I rarely find paint these days large enough to use with it, I believe the back is .688 (its unmarked)
Old 06-02-2020, 08:22 AM #4
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Luckily no one freak bores titanium.

I know, it sucks that the bore is huge, but I am with Mr. Charlie, the world would weep.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:36 AM #5
L4sT_ReSOrT

has been a member for 10 years
His barrel, he's free to do with it what he wants. I'd rather bore it and have a functional barrel then let it sit and rot in a closet.

If you're going to bore it I recommend making sure to machine o-ring groves rather than relying on the snugness of the insert against the barrel.

Let us know how this project goes.
L4sT_ReSOrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:52 AM #6
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
ill buy it, to save it from that, and give you a gloss silver aluminum back to replace it.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:32 AM #7
PropaneRageMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4sT_ReSOrT View Post
His barrel, he's free to do with it what he wants. I'd rather bore it and have a functional barrel then let it sit and rot in a closet.

If you're going to bore it I recommend making sure to machine o-ring groves rather than relying on the snugness of the insert against the barrel.

Let us know how this project goes.
Thanks, I would rather bore it and use it vs. leaving it in the gearbag and paint seems like its only getting smaller. I have seen it done before by someone, just need to track them down!
Old 06-03-2020, 10:32 PM #8
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
mr charlie is shooting 690+ in florida right now, my paint is 688ish right now.