PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 12-06-2021, 04:02 PM #1
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Is 1600 going to be the new size of a case of paint? No. No it's not.

https://propaintball.com/rumor-small...t-coming-soon/
Is there any truth to this? There's no secret that inflation has increased significantly in the last few years.
Which manufactures do you think could start doing this?
How will this effect the amount of paint that you will shoot or the marker you are using?
Will there be a paint quality increase? Perhaps larger paintballs?
Old 12-06-2021, 04:38 PM #2
Wokaloo

Wokaloo is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
If it's true, I don't think it'll affect me much personally. For the last few years ive only played rec. and mechanical at that. Only very occasionally a tournament try-hard. So I could make those changes work for myself will little fuss.

Without a format change, though, I could see a change like that really pinching some players and teams that are regional/national event regulars. We'll see what comes I guess.

My Feedback
"your heart rotts when you suck at something you love" - paul everett
Wokaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:21 PM #3
wc!
In periculo, nos jubete

wc! is a Supporting Member
wc! donated to help Peyton Trent
wc! supports Ninja Paintball
I can't say I'm surprised. Maybe we should adjust the size of a Gallon instead of increasing gas prices too?

The world has been fine with fluctuating the cost of a case of paint based on market conditions for years, so the current state of inflation/shipping should be no different. It's a long term money grab IMO, because they'll never drop the price of a 1600 rnd case to less than the previous cost of a 2000 rnd case (even if/when the economy corrects itself). It's also a mental comfort for us consumers to know that "a case costs $xx".

TRUST ME...
eBay (+885)
& PbNation (+61/-0) & MCB (+2/-0)
wc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:55 PM #4
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
considering i play mech like 90% of the time at a FPO field im totally fine with this as long as the price reflects. if im paying $50 a case now it should be $40 with the change.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:57 PM #5
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
I haven't heard anything official about paint going down to 1600 a case, but a lot of people have been saying the same thing, so I imagine there is some truth to it. Whether or not 1600 is the final number or not I guess we will see.

This was posted in a different thread. While it doesn't confirm the case size, it does confirm that some manufacturers will be increasing prices. It was asked if that meant that the case size was being reduced and the price increased, but no response. So who knows maybe some manufacturers will be raising their prices and some reducing the case size to keep the price the same. Worst case scenario is it's both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
From Valken and Kore it will be going up about 20% a case. Not sure about from anyone else.

Intern1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:30 PM #6
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
considering i play mech like 90% of the time at a FPO field im totally fine with this as long as the price reflects. if im paying $50 a case now it should be $40 with the change.
That's not how this sort of thing generally works. If you're currently paying $50 a case now with 2000 balls, you'll be paying $50 a case for 1600. That's the likelihood.

I know of a field around here that's been taking 500 ball bags out of cases for years, pulling 100 balls out (10x10 round tubes taped together to ensure count), and resealing the bags. Their clientelle is nearly all rental players. 400 balls isn't a big deal to them. Plus, with a pair of one hundred round rental pods and the 200 round loader, they can carry their first bag of paint without leaving any in staging. Works well, and it gave the field a 20% boost in revenue. He may have to re-evaluate that going forward if the bags are going to be 400's.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:35 PM #7
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I really hope not. I think this will have a big impact on small businesses and overall attendance.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:18 AM #8
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
kebone posts videos on PbNation
Idk but I hope we all do the right thing and complain endlessly about it if it’s true.

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:53 PM #9
jtguy2269

If HK keeps paint at 2000rds for a case this will be the first time I've ever gone out of my way to support HK
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 01:56 PM #10
Bananashark

Bananashark is playing at Living Legends VIII
Bananashark owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Bananashark supports Shocker RSX
Honestly at least price increases should be expected. In my line of work we have seen chemical prices skyrocket for most raw materials. Reasons are numerous (Texas freeze ****ed up a ton of chemical processing plants cutting supply on a lot of chemical precursors), supply shortages due to reduced manpower due to covid restrictions, etc.

Crazy world out there....
Bananashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 04:26 PM #11
glaman5266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
I know of a field around here that's been taking 500 ball bags out of cases for years, pulling 100 balls out (10x10 round tubes taped together to ensure count), and resealing the bags. Their clientelle is nearly all rental players. 400 balls isn't a big deal to them. Plus, with a pair of one hundred round rental pods and the 200 round loader, they can carry their first bag of paint without leaving any in staging. Works well, and it gave the field a 20% boost in revenue. He may have to re-evaluate that going forward if the bags are going to be 400's.
Paint is hardly worth the cost it is now, being it's generally low in quality. Paying the same for 20% less paint is a raw deal. What field is this? Being relatively local to you (central WI), I'd like to avoid it. I'd rather pay a field more per case if they actually have decent paint instead of pulling paint from the bags so they can pocket an extra 20%. I get fields need money to run, but what you described sounds wrong.

If quality actually goes up (very doubtful) then I'll be fine with a general price increase. Rumor has it that Valken will have 1600rd cases AND a $10 price increase per case. But what of the quality? If they want to give me less paint AND a price increase with no increase in quality, then the paint companies can shove it. I'll buy my own elsewhere and play outlaw if it comes to it.

Again, I don't mind paying for GOOD paint. I'd rather do that. But it HAS TO BE GOOD. And I don't see that happening, especially with GI paint. They will abuse this as much as they can, until the market shrinks even further and they HAVE to change, or they either get sold again or go away entirely.

Last edited by glaman5266 : 12-07-2021 at 04:32 PM.
glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:18 PM #12
paintballcapt062
Dr. Logic

plays in the NXL
paintballcapt062 plays in the MiLP
paintballcapt062 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballcapt062 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
HK Army released a statement that this is not going to be the case when another paintball news company ran a story to disprove this as what is happening. So at least HK is not going to make this change.

Also, Bear can do what he wants at his field but his field should not be the standard for the industry. Does anyone remember Tomahawk Paint from Europe that came in 2500 ball cases? They tried to change the industry and failed. So this is just industry grumbling made up by a Paintball News Youtube Channel to get clicks and views.
Logic Photography - The Logical choice for photography in Oklahoma
paintballcapt062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:48 PM #13
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
kebone posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballcapt062 View Post
Does anyone remember Tomahawk Paint from Europe that came in 2500 ball cases? They tried to change the industry and failed. So this is just industry grumbling made up by a Paintball News Youtube Channel to get clicks and views.
All I remember about Tomahawk is those green/white airball bunkers with their name on em lol.

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:31 PM #14
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballcapt062 View Post
HK Army released a statement that this is not going to be the case when another paintball news company ran a story to disprove this as what is happening. So at least HK is not going to make this change.

Also, Bear can do what he wants at his field but his field should not be the standard for the industry. Does anyone remember Tomahawk Paint from Europe that came in 2500 ball cases? They tried to change the industry and failed. So this is just industry grumbling made up by a Paintball News Youtube Channel to get clicks and views.
Did HK say their prices were staying the same, or just their case size was staying the same?

Intern1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:11 AM #15
pyrothug434

pyrothug434 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
Did HK say their prices were staying the same, or just their case size was staying the same?
I'm guessing with inflation and cost of goods going up, the price will have to go up. Which is fine, its on par with the rest of the market. Everything is up right now due to supply chain issues, if a company is absorbing all these price increases without passing to the consumer they will not last.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:19 AM #16
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!

jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebone View Post
Idk but I hope we all do the right thing and complain endlessly about it if it’s true.
gasp, a visionary!

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose.
Sometimes it's how many pages you can add to the rulebook."
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:33 AM #17
dubv187
Inglewood

dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
https://propaintball.com/rumor-small...t-coming-soon/
Is there any truth to this? There's no secret that inflation has increased significantly in the last few years.
Which manufactures do you think could start doing this?
How will this effect the amount of paint that you will shoot or the marker you are using?
Will there be a paint quality increase? Perhaps larger paintballs?
This guy made a bunch of rumors on IG and shortly after most were addressed and proven false.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:27 PM #18
The Jayster
Old timer

The Jayster owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
This is not good news for the sport. I understand how inflation works and that companies have to pass the buck to consumers, I get that. But as others have said, what will probably happen is that we'll get less for more, and the quality will drop even further.

In my country (Canada) you're lucky to pay $90 for a case of 2,000 when you play recball and have field membership. The average price is closer to $120, actually.

Paintball here is in sharp decline, mainly due to the competition from airsoft, which is far cheaper. The last thing we need is a sharp increase in paintball prices that goes beyond what a required inflation adjustment entails. It will drive another stake into the sport here.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:14 PM #19
(dr)

seems very unlikely vs just a hike in prices. This would require new custom boxes and an inability to use the old ones or having to place packing.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:20 PM #20
paintballcapt062
Dr. Logic

plays in the NXL
paintballcapt062 plays in the MiLP
paintballcapt062 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballcapt062 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebone View Post
All I remember about Tomahawk is those green/white airball bunkers with their name on em lol.
I don't think any American Fields sold Tomahawk paint because back in the mid 2000's, they required you to order an entire shipping container of paint to ship from Europe to the US and at the time, most fields could not sell the 24 skids (I think that was the number as the old Wichita indoor Paintball field looked at doing so when I worked there) in a shipping container.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
So, when I read the published statement from HK's email response to the rumor I did not see this. The issue we have with paint is some is made over sea's and some is made here. We are not experiencing petroleum product shortages like the naysayers want but rather an increase in prices of transport. This could be effected by many different things but one thing as an industry we should hold the companies accountable for is that if they raise prices, they should have in turn dropped prices when petroleum products were at the cheapest prices during the pandemic. Meaning, they can cost average and stay within their margins. Most people here will **** on this statement but its the truth. Paint prices increasing but not dropping is just a load of **** to line peoples pockets after petroleum product prices were at an all time low.
Logic Photography - The Logical choice for photography in Oklahoma
paintballcapt062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 04:45 PM #21
Justin Mason
www.ProPaintball.com

Justin Mason is an NCPA National Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubv187 View Post
This guy made a bunch of rumors on IG and shortly after most were addressed and proven false.
There was someone who made an effort to debunk our rumor report. They were incorrect. See 2.5 for more on the HK paint topic.

Here is additional context if your curious;

Quote:
While we appreciate the critical eye, it's worth keeping in mind that rumors are just that until the fat lady sings. From inception, our goal has been to help expand your awareness of what takes place behind the pro paintball curtain. So with that, here is some additional context for you to chew on.

1) DMG has considered the sale of their pro slot. Fact. Semi pro team Blast Camp, who is interested in competing at the pro level, made a move. Fact. According to our sources, this discussion took place but at current time the DMG sale is not looking likely. Keep in mind we are still early in the off season so anything is possible.

2) Limited paint is an industry push. The well placed folks we spoke with have said this will be going to a vote with pro and semi pro teams to gauge interest. It's worth pointing out that limited paint is a reality in NXL Europe. As the sport makes a more professional push (big picture) you will see further alignment of rules and formats. For the haters, feel free to look up the word “currently” and get back to us. More on this later.

2.5) While we appreciate that HK promises to keep the 2000rd boxes..this comment may not matter as much as you think. Back in the day there were varying packaging options, ZAP and ProBall both sold 2000rd boxes while RPS sold 2500. So what? The _cost per ball_ is what matters and what we should keep our eye on. An increase in the cost per ball could drive changes to the format (see above). In regards to the paintball price & packaging changes discussed previously - our ProPaintball.com insiders tell us nothing has been decided but its all being evaluated as we speak.

3) Texas: The buzz at the 2021 World Cup was that the location of the NXL season opener was unconfirmed. Texas was rumored to have been discussed as a major and landed as an open. That was a miss on our part. The NXL has posted the new dates and locations.

4) 7th event. It's still on. Our sources say this event will be branded as the NXL Champions Cup and is still on the docket. This would be an invitational event and teams would be required to qualify based on 2022 season performance. This particular event is rumored to take place in January or early February of 2023 as a conclusion to the 2022 season. This would be an international event, and would see top teams from NXL Europe as well as Latin America in the mix.

Last but not least.. Words from the legend B.I.G.. "Same number, same hood, it's all good. Cause if you don't know, now you know". At ProPaintball.com always strive to give our people the best news and hottest rumors, straight from the pits. If you look back over the last 13 years of our work -- we don't miss often. For those that have been around awhile -- we see you and appreciate you. Stay tuned to ProPaintball.com for the latest news and rumors.

RIP Matt Dawson #58

"John is the new “official PBN Troll”" - Trevor the great
Justin Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.