How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
They could have sponsored none of them and re-released Flex parts and JT pants and it would have been exactly the same. The market was open for nostalgia items without X-Factorís involvement. I think the mechanical/10-man scene is largely responsible for that.

X-Factor has what, one line of packs, a limited run of masks and pants. Itís barely a dent in the brand. If I saw a lot of people running around in x-factor stuff it might affect my opinion, but I donít. Theyíre well behind Dynasty, Impact, Infamous and Heat in popularity. People just already wanted the JT stuff.
I highly disagree. For nearly a decade, no one touched JT stuff. No one at fields really wore them, no one wore their gear really at all in my experience. Then X and Archie began to wear flexes and JT gear around 2013/4 season and really added relevance. Especially with all the influence they have in Texas during its period that its rose to a regional power.

The sheer amount of people that either dont know this or pretend the Flex would have reemered are crazy. Even on the mechanical fields its not like there is some massive group of flex wearers prior to ICCs emergence in 2018/9 when it really took off. And by then Archie had been the Proflex champ winning events and MVPs while wearing it.
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2021, 10:28 PM #23
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I highly disagree. For nearly a decade, no one touched JT stuff. No one at fields really wore them, no one wore their gear really at all in my experience. Then X and Archie began to wear flexes and JT gear around 2013/4 season and really added relevance. Especially with all the influence they have in Texas during its period that its rose to a regional power.

The sheer amount of people that either dont know this or pretend the Flex would have reemered are crazy. Even on the mechanical fields its not like there is some massive group of flex wearers prior to ICCs emergence in 2018/9 when it really took off. And by then Archie had been the Proflex champ winning events and MVPs while wearing it.
The proflex market reminds me a lot like the autococker market. In 2012 you could have bought an SFL or an Evo for $300 all day long now you canít touch one for less than $1000. The JT stuff was like that too. I played for the first time in 10 years in 2017 and wore my proflex, the elastic was shot and when I took the lens out for cleaning it cracked. I tried to find replacement stuff for it and there wasnít anything out there to be had. Now I could probably sell that thing for $200 parted out since itís a pre-kee mask. JT is having a moment and Iím here for it.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:04 PM #24
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Quote:

Well said.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:44 PM #25
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
kebone posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
I highly disagree. For nearly a decade, no one touched JT stuff. No one at fields really wore them, no one wore their gear really at all in my experience.
Then there was me:

2008:

2009:

2010:

2011:

2012:

2013:

2014:

2015:

2016:

2017:

2018:

and so on.

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 09:40 PM #26
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebone View Post
Then there was me:
Yeah but you're a giant nerd
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 02:05 PM #27
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
kebone posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshisanalligator View Post
Yeah but you're a giant nerd
Guilty as charged.

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:08 PM #28
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebone View Post
Guilty as charged.
It's okay. Your youtube channel keeps me nostalgic as hell for all the old guns.
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.