ReplyNews Ups

Old 12-09-2021, 03:32 PM #505
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
#1P8ntballer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
#1P8ntballer supports DLX Technology
Retention of information on internet is pretty doomed internet is taken over by FB, Youtube, ect other large social media platforms.

There is little retention of data like there was in the 2000s where message boards retained treasure chest of data. I was in various car forums in that era as well, and today i see those forums dying also, some of them going off line, and I'm sad to realize theres huge archives of data of How-To that is now gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Ease of use and convenience is why people quit using this website.
It's a better format, but it's not as assessable as other platforms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Which sucks. Ive stopped using this site, but I don't use facebook or reddit. Now its just in person, whatever I hear from teammates or randoms at the field is how I stay current.

This news section doesn't need to die, but it sure feels like it is. I still like to visit this for product releases.

The way ppl stay current to pb news is having to follow various teams and company's IG pages. Not their actual website, their IG page. Which is even more absurd. Its not quite a youtube, and not quite a website so its not able to deliver any depth of content, only head lines essentially.

I'm not on IG too often but does PBN have an IG page? Its possible PBN IG can break latest news and funnel to the forum.

My friends that crush it at IG all use IG as first layer of their funnel. Essentially the headline and hook, and funnel to off platform landing page with content and call to action off IG.
Bob Long Ripper Victory Marq
----NT11 ----CHEAP 600+
Zombie Nation NT
Custom 2k2 Timmy ACS Body Spimmy
ANS Gen-X Autococker Adrenaline Angel LED Black Magic Autococker 2001 Angel LCD Dark Angel LED ReTro valve Automag

Last edited by #1P8ntballer : 12-09-2021 at 03:35 PM.
#1P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2021, 03:54 PM #506
crazyboarder9999
~The Insurance Guy John~

has been a member for 10 years
crazyboarder9999 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
crazyboarder9999 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1P8ntballer View Post
Retention of information on internet is pretty doomed internet is taken over by FB, Youtube, ect other large social media platforms.

There is little retention of data like there was in the 2000s where message boards retained treasure chest of data. I was in various car forums in that era as well, and today i see those forums dying also, some of them going off line, and I'm sad to realize theres huge archives of data of How-To that is now gone.

The way ppl stay current to pb news is having to follow various teams and company's IG pages. Not their actual website, their IG page. Which is even more absurd. Its not quite a youtube, and not quite a website so its not able to deliver any depth of content, only head lines essentially.

I'm not on IG too often but does PBN have an IG page? Its possible PBN IG can break latest news and funnel to the forum.

My friends that crush it at IG all use IG as first layer of their funnel. Essentially the headline and hook, and funnel to off platform landing page with content and call to action off IG.
I don't think that would make a difference honestly. In this day in age the companies all post stuff themselves. Why would anyone want to see the news from PBN IG rather than PE or Dye themselves. I think this is part of the reason for decline on the website. Information is too easily obtained and sent out to the masses these days. 9.5 times out of 10 I see the news from the companies or players or whoever first before it's posted here.
Stay low, shoot your lanes and have fun!
Ask me about insurance for your paintball field, league, shop, or products
crazyboarder9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 06:02 PM #507
johnnybravo60025
()

johnnybravo60025 is a Supporting Member
johnnybravo60025 helped look for balloons
johnnybravo60025 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
johnnybravo60025 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
johnnybravo60025 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboarder9999 View Post
I don't think that would make a difference honestly. In this day in age the companies all post stuff themselves. Why would anyone want to see the news from PBN IG rather than PE or Dye themselves. I think this is part of the reason for decline on the website. Information is too easily obtained and sent out to the masses these days. 9.5 times out of 10 I see the news from the companies or players or whoever first before it's posted here.
I just appreciated when I didn't have to visit each company's site to get news. The News forum here was gathering it all for me!
Old 12-10-2021, 07:27 AM #508
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo60025 View Post
I just appreciated when I didn't have to visit each company's site to get news. The News forum here was gathering it all for me!
I agree. Seems like instagram is the way to do this now. I don't care to have an instagram account because I don't see the point of it.

Feels weird to be the old man who is missing out on all the new stuff because I fail to adapt, but that's what it is.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:06 AM #509
crazyboarder9999
~The Insurance Guy John~

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
Quote:
I totally agree, but in this day and age most players, especially new, have IG or FB. Forums are a thing of the past for us old folk that have fallen out of the new age. It is also much easier to search YouTube for a tutorial on how to do or fix something than reading through threads trying to get the info needed.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:33 AM #510
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
I agree. Seems like instagram is the way to do this now. I don't care to have an instagram account because I don't see the point of it.

Feels weird to be the old man who is missing out on all the new stuff because I fail to adapt, but that's what it is.
I finally broke down and got an Instagram account about a year ago. Mostly to supplement my woodturning etsy page. There's some pretty good paintball content on there and a lot of girls shaking their *****. Outside of that I'm not sure what it's for.
Old 12-10-2021, 10:51 AM #511
crazyboarder9999
~The Insurance Guy John~

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I finally broke down and got an Instagram account about a year ago. Mostly to supplement my woodturning etsy page. There's some pretty good paintball content on there and a lot of girls shaking their *****. Outside of that I'm not sure what it's for.
Unfortunately that is 90% of what IG is. Can't tell you how many "hunting" or "fishing" pages I see that have nothing to actually do with the reality of hunting or fishing
Old 12-10-2021, 01:39 PM #512
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Has anyone tried to use this website on a phone? Holy crap it's horrible l can't get anything to load. The app quit working years ago as well. It's no wonder younger people don't come here anymore; most of them don't even own a PC.
Old 12-10-2021, 03:56 PM #513
johnnybravo60025
()

johnnybravo60025 is a Supporting Member
johnnybravo60025 helped look for balloons
johnnybravo60025 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
johnnybravo60025 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
johnnybravo60025 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
...you got a link to that Etsy page? If you can't post it here, can you PM me with it?
Old 12-10-2021, 11:57 PM #514
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
...you got a link to that Etsy page? If you can't post it here, can you PM me with it?
Ill send you a pm so I dont derail this thread.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.