Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2015, 12:44 PM #1
Lori
Event Director

has been a member for 10 years
Lori donated to help Peyton Trent
Open Letter from Us & 2015 Information Release

As a feeder series to the PSP for many years as well as 20+ year members of the paintball community, we wanted to share our thoughts with all of you to maybe help bridge that increasing gap between what the players are looking for and the industry is striving to provide - even if at times it would seem as though we are all a bit misdirected. We always believe that everyone in this industry for the most part does in fact want the best for this sport but may not always take the best way in trying to get there. Even when something may be the right thing to want to evolve towards - there is sometimes a better way to get there and while we do support the overall aspirations of the PSP - the way it was looking to fall into place was not ideal, so we offered some input on behalf of ourselves as well as the players that play in our part of the community. By being able to communicate to the PSP how we felt from both the players point of view as well as an industry peer, along with feedback provided from others in the industry and players around the country, things that weren't initially taken into consideration were addressed and a happy medium appears to be the result.

The reason for this statement is two-fold. We feel it is important for the industry as a whole to always have the same set of goals in mind and to work hard to share that vision. The changes that have currently been made in the Pro division and the circulation of likely sponsorship changes that would have affected both the league and it’s players had set off a firestorm of criticism that one could say was to be expected but mostly in the way it was done. The faith in the league and it’s ability to make rational, fair and “correct” decisions has been shaken but predominantly because of presentation and lack of communication. While we share in that frustration despite the fact that changes made now apply to just the pro division and therefore have little effect on what we do, watching the current events and how it unfolded reflects on the industry and it is why we care same as all of you.

We will continue to work hard on behalf of both the industry and the players to ensure that the end goal is the same for us all - and that is to grow paintball and create the best environment for it to happen. We have worked hard with every national series as a feeder series for many years so that we can provide the best opportunities for the players in the Northeast to not just be competitive locally but to achieve the ultimate goal of competing at the highest level they can without boundaries. Feeder series help teams stay consistent in providing the many tools by which to achieve this from lower regional multipliers, combo / money saving ID cards, better seeding at national events that result in a better draw and prizes (1/2 off entrance fees) that make a teams goals that much more attainable. We share in the goals we know the PSP has now set, we can see the bigger picture and as long as we feel that we are all heading in the same direction we will continue to support the means to get there in any form we can.

We had hesitated at releasing the details of our series thus far because we had anticipated some possible changes and we wanted to wait it out so that we could make the best decision for our players. NEPL / NEXL 2015 Information will be released by the end of the week, thank you for your patience and your support.

Thank you
Lori & Anthony
Boston Paintball and The NEPL
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2015, 11:26 AM #2
Bust A Ak
Do you even squad

plays in the NXL
Bust A Ak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bust A Ak is Legendary
Are you going to extend franchise fee dates? There is no way we are going to commit to a full season with the fees due in a week with no information.

old feedback
Bust A Ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:26 PM #3
Lori
Event Director

I absolutely agree with you - all information was ready to go then I was hit with some date conflicts that needed to be settled over the weekend. Recovering from vacation week - will have info out tonight - and yes deadline is really as long as spots are available - what division are you registering for?
Old 02-23-2015, 01:06 PM #4
Bust A Ak
Do you even squad

plays in the NXL
Bust A Ak is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
I absolutely agree with you - all information was ready to go then I was hit with some date conflicts that needed to be settled over the weekend. Recovering from vacation week - will have info out tonight - and yes deadline is really as long as spots are available - what division are you registering for?
We are registering for Divison 3 Premier. We've made a deposit under Empire State Kings

old feedback
Old 02-24-2015, 03:30 PM #5
Lori
Event Director

Old 03-04-2015, 08:45 PM #6
Bust A Ak
Do you even squad

plays in the NXL
Bust A Ak is Legendary
Lori, is there any way we can get a hold of you personally? A bunch of our guys have tried calling boston paintball and nobody seems to be answering as well as your pm's and emails.

We'd like to get jerseys through the league but I'd like to do the templates on my own if possible. I need the templates and all the info disregarding the limitations on jerseys and any logos that need to be displayed. Also the turnaround time since event 1 is creeping up on us.

Since we made a deposit already will we be able to use it for jerseys instead and just pay event by event. Or use it to cover the cost of event 1. We have a ton of questions as you can see.

old feedback
Old 03-05-2015, 12:20 PM #7
Lori
Event Director

You emailed bostonpaintballsupply - i do not get those - it was forwarded to me this morning, and I don't even think i get "PM's" anymore but i do get emails from here so that's weird. I answer every post and message on facebook within minutes if I can - and as far as no one answering the phone at BP? If you are calling before noon we are not open - otherwise I can't comment. The number on the flier above is my direct cell - so feel free to use it or reply to the email address I have emailed you personally from. TheNEPL@Gmail.com or even lori@bostonpaintball.com

The jerseys we put out are the only ones we are doing - if you want something more custom please give Raza a call and they can work with you to put it together and price it out for you - we do not do the designing they do - we used the templates that go with the jersey style we are doing and they can send it to you easy. Burgess has a list of our Franchise teams that they are working with (you have to be a franchise team to get those rates - so you need to decide if you are staying franchise or not)

Again feel free to text - call me - message me on FB or email me using any of the listed info - I will help any way i can.

Thank you!
Lori