PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-21-2019, 12:24 AM #1
android17ak47
No!!!!!

has been a member for 10 years
Where can I find compressed air tank pumps?

I have heard of people using these manual pumps before to fill their compressed air tanks before, pumps that can fill anywhere from 3k-4.5kpsi. Can someone point me in the right direction because I looked on ebay and found several air pump for different applications but none that I found specified that they had the proper adapter for the fill nipples we use on our pb tanks, and idk if there are other requirements for pumps to safely fill our tanks. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2019, 03:34 AM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Just add a 1/8” female quick disconnect for paintball fill nipples.

https://www.pyramydair.com/article/U...mp_May_2006/30

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:23 PM #3
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
Just add a 1/8” female quick disconnect for paintball fill nipples.

https://www.pyramydair.com/article/U...mp_May_2006/30

Thank you. I still have my fill station from when I had a scuba tank, should the 1/8 female quick disconnect that is on fit right onto one of these pumps?
Old 12-22-2019, 06:29 AM #4
Help @ Ninja PB

Help @ Ninja PB supports Ninja Paintball
Most of the pumps have the correct female qd as most Airguns have the same male qd we use.

Pyramid air will have them for sale

I do not recommend the pumps and everything I talk to someone in the air rifle world they use the pump 1-2 times and then never again.

It takes a lot of effort and more work then you think
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Help @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 03:27 PM #5
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Help @ Ninja PB View Post
Most of the pumps have the correct female qd as most Airguns have the same male qd we use.

Pyramid air will have them for sale

I do not recommend the pumps and everything I talk to someone in the air rifle world they use the pump 1-2 times and then never again.

It takes a lot of effort and more work then you think
ive seen youtube videos of folks using them for different applications and they all did say those pumps do become very difficult to reach the high pressures they are rated for. I think I should just invest in another scuba tank. I had one 3 months ago but couldnt take it with me when I moved from N.Y. to Georgia 3 months ago because I took a flight, and obviously I couldnt afford to pay for that kind of item, plus i wouldnt have a way to remove the valve from it which is required by Jet Blue(my airline of choice) to transport compressed gas containers.

Thanks for the input guys, I think Ill just spend the extra $100 on a scuba tank. I still have my ansgear brand fill station which has served me well for years, and ik I can depend on scuba tanks. Ive been using them since '02 and have never had a single problem.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:57 PM #6
Paul77

Annual Supporting Member
Check craigslist, there’s always tanks for sale.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:19 PM #7
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
Check craigslist, there’s always tanks for sale.
I have a localscuba shop with brand new full sized tanks for around $225. Im just going to get one there, but if anything changes Ill check craigslist out. I want one with a brand new hydrotest date on it so I dont have to deal with the hassle of getting tanks hydrotested.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:07 AM #8
ghost_sniper

If you still thinking about a pump, I have this one and I like it. Does it take some effort, yup but well worth it for me. I fill a 13ci tank on commercial breaks. normally takes 3 breaks from 0-3000psi.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ghost_sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:25 AM #9
melkus

melkus owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
That’s crazy I never realized that there’s a hand pump to fill an air tank �� way cool you learn something every day.
melkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:55 PM #10
Ray Lambert

American Airworks sells HP air storage cylinders, Haskel boosters, 5000-6000 PSI air compressors and offers help with questions on these items. 304-683-4595 in WV www.americanairworks.com
Ray Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 01:40 AM #11
drewkroeker

Might be a stupid question: is there any worry about moisture/condensation when using a manual air compressor? Google tells me that depending on the application, motorized compressors may have some kind of refrigeration to cool compressed air or chemical components to bond with water, all for the purpose of getting rid of moisture. Obviously shooting a paintball gun is not as critical as say, filling medical oxygen tanks. I'm just wondering if I should be worried about moisture making its way to a solenoid.
drewkroeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:10 AM #12
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Yes, you don’t want any moisture in the air!
Old 02-16-2021, 03:02 PM #13
Paul77

Annual Supporting Member
charlie +1

water in air is bad. water doesnt compress so this makes bad things happen.

now if this was hydraulics instead of pneumatic's........