PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-13-2019, 02:33 PM #1
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Numerous Broken Forum features (It's been months, maybe a year +? What gives?)

Howdy guys

I know this isn't the highest grossing paintball platform, but considering the golden opportunity which was available to you and squandered, I really have to ask what is going on with pbnation?

What do I mean?

The search function has been broken for a really, really long time.

There have been no positive changes to the platform in years. I know it's easy to say "well, we're running out of ASMs to justify the cost" and with that logic, the whole site will die.

So, bugs:

1. The site does not appropriately resize images after making new posts or comments, uploads, edits.

Why is this a problem For us with slower internet, page reloads can take enough time to lose interest in continuing to scroll.

2. The search function is broken

Why is this a problem: pretty much axes the majority of the motivation to continue topics or seek out sales postings, products, etc. It also hurts people's ability to sell, which will keep them coming back to tolerating facebook, recreating groups over and over again.

3. Site is not secure. at all. This is a big problem. period.

4. Bullet points do not align with center justified text.

Why is this a problem: It makes threads look unattractive when you're trying to organize a lot of information.

The fatal flaws:

1. There is no tag system for sales postings

Why is this a problem: again, makes it much harder to index and search for items. This will benefit transactional volume and motivate people to post on pbnation for the sake of SEO as well. Both will bring more users back to the site. This will also help with discussion topics such as build threads and custom projects.

2. Have a better built out beginners section which is formally structured and locked.

Why is this a problem: Many beginners have a hard time determining whether they're being sold to by people trying to get out, about to get suckered into their first scam and last transaction, or are being fed **** advice. It's not that hard to slowly build out a beginner subforum which comments aren't allowed on and which is updated/checked annually. It just needs to provide, in a few posts which are separated by topic, how to transact online with strangers, how to search for gear, what things to look for, and where to find maintenance threads.

3. For some reason, on most mobile browsers, the website resets to the "new" layout, which is extremely clunky and hides a lot of things.

Why this is a problem: It's so difficult to do anything that a lot of users merely just stopped caring. People stopped using PbN on the go, and the less they interact, the less they care/remember to. I get more people emailing me about postings or finding me on facebook about pbn postings than they are actually posting and responding on here.

That also renders the feedback system moot past a certain date because nobody will be able to log their feedback on here or even care to check it.

The feature suggestions:

1. Consider what the replacement to PbN might be perhaps? Classified Engine and Classified Forum is a stable and efficient structure for creating a proper BST platform that will embed itself in a section of a forum. The benefit of this for VerticalScope (or whoever currently owns them) is that they can then turn this into a kind of formula that they can either license out as a customization of the aforementioned tools/platforms, or they can implement it in other communities that they are a part of.

2. If not replacing, then perhaps consider implementing a tag system as well as a proper BST user flow for the BST pages which allows users to mention, formally, what brands are in the post, what model, etc. This will not be a solution for people posting more than, say, 5 markers, or 10 different tanks, but those are in the minority and are savvy enough not to care about these. They also have the ability to just tag all the brands associated in their thread individually, which again will still make their postings searchable. This will also motivate bulk sellers to minimize the number of threads they make, which has to be slightly easier and more efficient for indexing purposes.

Last edited by YeloSno : 07-13-2019 at 02:46 PM.
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2019, 02:53 PM #2
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

Annual Supporting Member
If anyone else is experiencing this, please comment below. This is the only way things are going to be taken seriously and addressed.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:44 PM #3
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

Annual Supporting Member
sorry, wrong section
Old 12-29-2019, 05:03 PM #4
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

Annual Supporting Member
Old 01-02-2020, 04:47 PM #5
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 plays in the NXL
John donated to help Peyton Trent
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
sorry, wrong section
Still the wrong section. I moved it for you.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 04:39 PM #6
Fallinher0
Taking Power Tokens

has been a member for 10 years
Fallinher0 donated to help Peyton Trent
Hey Yelo - try BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/toronto/pr...e-0107-1176776
MacDev Clone 5s
JT Impulse
SP Shocker
Dye Ironmen Matrix - Toxic Matrix - DSR