PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-10-2018, 04:27 PM #1
misnblu
I shoot faces

has been a member for 10 years
Valken Proton not firing

A buddy of mine asked me to fix his Proton for him and I'm having issues with this marker.
I'm pretty well knowledgeable on most any marker and can pretty much fix anything but with this marker I'm stumped.

First I took everything apart and cleaned/ lubed up everything to make sure that all is good inside.
I power the unit up and once I air it up the bolt shoots all the way forward with nothing happening while I'm squeezing the trigger. The solenoid is working fine but it's not cycling.

So I checked all of the settings and put them all back to factory spec and still the bolt jolts all the way forward into the breech with no cycling whatsoever.
Trigger pulls are fine, solenoid is moving as it should, and I also tried adding pressure to the regulator which still does not make the marker cycle at all.
All the o-rings in the marker are like new and in excellent shape and there are no air leaks.
It seals fine when aired up but again, the bolt jolts all the way forward into the breech and no cycling.

Once the bolt comes forward under the air being on, I can't move the bolt at all. I would think that upon airing up the bolt would stay back as in most any other marker I've worked on and only come forward under the trigger pull.

Any ideas on this on what may be happening and any other person had this same issue?
One more peculiar thing about this marker is that you have to push the switch into the handle to turn it on. According to the manual and other threads I've read you have to pull it out to turn it on. Maybe it's a board issue and common sense would think that when you're playing that you may accidentally push in the switch which would turn off the marker in the middle of your game.

Thanks for any help on this.
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2018, 07:05 PM #2
misnblu
I shoot faces

Update.
I looked into it further and dug deep.
I also downloaded the owners manual pdf for some diagram break downs and discovered that the rear shaft (part number 5j) is broken.

See attachments.

Since this is the part of the Incline bolt assembly and in the area where air is coming in directly to the this part of the bolt, I can see why there is no return of the bolt head when aired up.

Anybody can confirm this would be the case?
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0458_1.jpg (124.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0459_1.jpg (127.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0460_1.jpg (312.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-11-2018, 12:26 PM #3
Jake_Valken_Tech

Yeah the rear shaft is broken. You might be able to reset it with some red loctite though I am uncertain how well that will hold. New ones are $27.95 http://www.valken.com/Marker-Parts-Proton-Rear-Shaft
Jake_Valken_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:38 PM #4
misnblu
I shoot faces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Valken_Tech View Post
Yeah the rear shaft is broken. You might be able to reset it with some red loctite though I am uncertain how well that will hold. New ones are $27.95 http://www.valken.com/Marker-Parts-Proton-Rear-Shaft
Thank you for the response on this.
I've consulted the customer and they'll be ordering the part and getting it all back together again.
Thanks again.