painter4life05
cixelsyd

has been a member for 10 years
painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
painter4life05 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJballer16 View Post
Yea I believe this is true. I saw this too on their IG and after looking through the comments on the post, I have no reason to believe the post was to be mischievous.
Seems odd given the travel restrictions going on right now.

PUMP OT B.Y.O.L.B.

OG Feedback 45+
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2021, 11:48 AM #296
NJballer16

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter4life05 View Post
Seems odd given the travel restrictions going on right now.
Yea but after checking the Russian Embassy website for travel, it seems that as long as foreigners entering Russia show a negative COVID test three days prior to entering, they are allowed vice versa. I could have also misinterpreted some of the information so don't take this as gospel or it being correct.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:26 PM #297
perksgf15
Buy whats in my sig now

Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
Sounds like Mike Waring is leaving mutiny for Russian legion. Unless it's a joke, but it was posted on Mutiny's IG.
I found it amusing those throwing shade at him as if any SP (and most pros) wouldnt take that opportunity. Its not like hes joining LVL or Outlaws...its the Russian Legion, you say yes to that call 100% of the time.
perksgf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:06 PM #298
Paintballer476

Paintballer476 plays in the PSP
Paintballer476 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paintballer476 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by perksgf15 View Post
I found it amusing those throwing shade at him as if any SP (and most pros) wouldnt take that opportunity. Its not like hes joining LVL or Outlaws...its the Russian Legion, you say yes to that call 100% of the time.
They could be looking for Americans to mold also, Iím not sure what itís like traveling from Russia to America right now. Either way sounds like a smart move on his part to join.
Paintballer476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:19 PM #299
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer476 View Post
Quote:
They could be looking for Americans to mold also, I’m not sure what it’s like traveling from Russia to America right now. Either way sounds like a smart move on his part to join.
I’m thinking the Russians lost a player or two
Old 04-07-2021, 07:50 PM #300
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer476 View Post
They could be looking for Americans to mold also, Iím not sure what itís like traveling from Russia to America right now. Either way sounds like a smart move on his part to join.
Maybe they are realizing that a full Russian team canít win. So they are doing what they have always done and getting 5 American players so there is a Russian and an American line. Then Sunday you play your best players from both lines together as one line back to back.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:59 PM #301
NCONTROL
Welcome to SwagMont Manor

NCONTROL is a Professional paintball player
NCONTROL works for a Paintball manufacturer
NCONTROL plays in the PSP
NCONTROL supports Cereal Killerz 2
NCONTROL plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
Maybe they are realizing that a full Russian team canít win. So they are doing what they have always done and getting 5 American players so there is a Russian and an American line. Then Sunday you play your best players from both lines together as one line back to back.
6 American players have ever got a win while playing on Legion. I don't believe they've ever won with more than 3 Americans on the roster. They won in 2017 and had no Americans on that roster.
VirtuePB.com
Bunkerkings
Washington's Place to play, PSP
NCONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:03 AM #302
TuberMcGavin

Yeah they've obviously proven over the past couple years they're a winning team with just Russian players, but some change could be good with one addition, one that I would like to see!
TuberMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:55 AM #303
wck902

Quote:
Maybe they are realizing that a full Russian team can’t win. So they are doing what they have always done and getting 5 American players so there is a Russian and an American line. Then Sunday you play your best players from both lines together as one line back to back.
Not only is that statistically false but Russia literally beat USA in the Nations Cup in Amsterdam in 2019 (the most recent Nation's Cup). A USA team made of the "best American players" across every Pro USA NXL roster still didn't beat Russian Legion + Federov. Let's be honest, Russian Legion does not need Americans whatsoever.

For what it's worth, the last American to play with Russian Legion was Mykel Kovar in 2013. Since the start of 2018 the entire roster has been Russian, 2014-2017 the team was made up of Russians and a few French players.

Cup 2016 - 2nd
AC 2017 - 1st
Chi 2018 -1st
Cup 2018 - 2nd
Texas 2019 - 1st
Philly 2019 - 2nd
Cup 2019 - 2nd
Vegas 2020 - 2nd

Not to mention NXL Europe 2019 where RL beat Golden State Kings, an American "super team", in the finals twice.

Last edited by wck902 : 04-08-2021 at 07:11 AM.
wck902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:54 AM #304
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wck902 View Post
Quote:
Maybe they are realizing that a full Russian team can’t win. So they are doing what they have always done and getting 5 American players so there is a Russian and an American line. Then Sunday you play your best players from both lines together as one line back to back.
Not only is that statistically false but Russia literally beat USA in the Nations Cup in Amsterdam in 2019 (the most recent Nation's Cup). A USA team made of the "best American players" across every Pro USA NXL roster still didn't beat Russian Legion + Federov. Let's be honest, Russian Legion does not need Americans whatsoever.

For what it's worth, the last American to play with Russian Legion was Mykel Kovar in 2013. Since the start of 2018 the entire roster has been Russian, 2014-2017 the team was made up of Russians and a few French players.

Cup 2016 - 2nd
AC 2017 - 1st
Chi 2018 -1st
Cup 2018 - 2nd
Texas 2019 - 1st
Philly 2019 - 2nd
Cup 2019 - 2nd
Vegas 2020 - 2nd

Not to mention NXL Europe 2019 where RL beat Golden State Kings, an American "super team", in the finals twice.
In other words, a full Russian team with all the putin boys together, like Art Chaos, or 2004-2011 Russian legion, is arguably the greatest roster of all time. It’s a shame they get split up between heat and legion, they’re much better together, then they are separated

Last edited by Trevor the great : 04-08-2021 at 10:00 AM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:37 AM #305
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wck902 View Post

Cup 2016 - 2nd
AC 2017 - 1st
Chi 2018 -1st
Cup 2018 - 2nd
Texas 2019 - 1st
Philly 2019 - 2nd
Cup 2019 - 2nd
Vegas 2020 - 2nd

Isnít Jason Burns American?
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:40 AM #306
wck902

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Isnít Jason Burns American?
Indeed, an American who lives in Russia who works for Proshar and plays 0-1 point per tournament. But yes.
wck902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:33 PM #307
mDub TK

mDub TK is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL 2
mDub TK plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCONTROL View Post
6 American players have ever got a win while playing on Legion. I don't believe they've ever won with more than 3 Americans on the roster. They won in 2017 and had no Americans on that roster.
Who are those six?

JRab, David Bains, Blonski Brothers?
mDub TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:35 PM #308
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mDub TK View Post
Who are those six?

Marcello was another one.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:43 PM #309
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Who are those six?

They won with all of these guys on the roster.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:21 PM #310
NCONTROL
Welcome to SwagMont Manor

NCONTROL is a Professional paintball player
NCONTROL works for a Paintball manufacturer
NCONTROL plays in the PSP
NCONTROL supports Cereal Killerz 2
NCONTROL plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Who are those six?

Alex Lundqvist as well, even though some folks may say he's Swedish, he's lived in the states since before his time on RL and APPA lists him as American.
VirtuePB.com
Bunkerkings
Washington's Place to play, PSP
NCONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:51 PM #311
(dr)

Quote:
100% agree. They just sound like bitter *******s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
In other words, a full Russian team with all the putin boys together, like Art Chaos, or 2004-2011 Russian legion, is arguably the greatest roster of all time. Itís a shame they get split up between heat and legion, theyíre much better together, then they are separated
Nah brah. Dynasty + Ollie.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:43 PM #312
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
Quote:
100% agree. They just sound like bitter *******s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
In other words, a full Russian team with all the putin boys together, like Art Chaos, or 2004-2011 Russian legion, is arguably the greatest roster of all time. It’s a shame they get split up between heat and legion, they’re much better together, then they are separated
Nah brah. Dynasty + Ollie.
Top 5 team years IMO are 2005 Dynasty, 2006 Russian legion, 2011 Dynasty, 2012 Houston heat and 2016 Impact. Who you guys got?
Old 04-10-2021, 08:19 AM #313
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
#1P8ntballer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
#1P8ntballer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I don't think Russians won anything the year they got Marcello. That was the year the Russians went to Houston Heat and the Americans going to Damage.

Was Bear Degedio on the winning Russian Legion roster the last year with JRab, Baines, Federov, Mishka, Serge and friends?
Bob Long Ripper Victory Marq
----NT11 ----CHEAP 600+
Zombie Nation NT
Custom 2k2 Timmy ACS Body Spimmy
ANS Gen-X Autococker Adrenaline Angel LED Black Magic Autococker 2001 Angel LCD Dark Angel LED ReTro valve Automag

Last edited by #1P8ntballer : 04-10-2021 at 08:22 AM.
#1P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:28 AM #314
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1P8ntballer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I don't think Russians won anything the year they got Marcello. That was the year the Russians went to Houston Heat and the Americans going to Damage.

Was Bear Degedio on the winning Russian Legion roster the last year with JRab, Baines, Federov, Mishka, Serge and friends?
Bear played New Jersey with them and I believe they finished second to last that event. I think he only played 5 points or so. Bear can actually play at a higher level back in the day, like d2 or d1. I understand a lot of people talked smack about him playing pro just cus of his dad, but he was actually a lot better then a lot of people knew. Maybe if he had actually 100% committed to paintball as profession, he would have definitely made it.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:42 AM #315
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Ryan greenspans next youtube show is supposed to have breaking news and he’s bringing rusty glaze on. I don’t see rusty rostered for Florida so I wonder if he’s calling it quits
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.