Community Focus

Old 04-07-2021, 01:39 PM #3424
the other one
Goldy

has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
Goldie, ( the other one ) is like on monk level status when it comes to maintaining his marker.
Yeah, and magically I don’t have problems with any of my markers..... at least none that aren’t because of my own stupidity, lol. It’s why I don’t ever really care about “reliability” when comparing markers [shrug], because I’ve never had a problem (including with old luxe’s, NT’s, macdev’s, etc) with any of my markers.

For as equipment-intensive as paintball is, I’m surprised I’m an outlier in my cleaning habits.

Quick Edit: okay, maybe I’d be an outlier anyway. I have a “zero dust” standard when doing full cleanings, which *might* be a bit excessive.

Last edited by the other one : 04-07-2021 at 01:45 PM.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2021, 05:03 PM #3425
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstealth View Post
Thanks Charlie, it really does feel like I’m starting all over with some of this stuff.

Noa, did you sell the silver surfer? I didn’t see any pics of it anywhere.
Pics posted on the Facebook page! I tried starting a group there too that’s linked up, needs one thing before it can go live. Figure we can start sharing pics of our gear, sharing our tips for maintaining our gear, and sharing war stories too
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELOWZERO View Post
AMP is great so far, around 10 cases through it with no breaks. Haven’t even lubed the bolt system at all
That’s awesome to hear. Last I used my AMP it stopped cycling. Haven’t taken the time to see what the cause is. Tried a few different things on the field. My first guess right now is that it needs lube.

@Goldy,
You’re are thorough and methodical man when it comes to gear. I’m lazy and a procrastinator like no other. Add that I rotate through a collection, does anything get proper attention? I could be way better. I’m definitely trying to revamp my approach to my collection and testing markers. I think having only a handful of weapons to worry about will be the right amount to have on hand. And yes, these guns today are designed to be reliable ( a certain level ). Leave it to the masses though to find each one’s limit, some are better then others.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-Dye DSR, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, CTRL Loader, and Dye UL-S Barrel. [ speedball ]
-CS2PRO w/Mech Frame, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, CTRL Loader, and Dye UL-S Barrel. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gunís 4 Hire: Fight Club and Minigunz
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:58 PM #3426
Bstealth

I was hoping you’d make a private group. I’d post my pics but I don’t need friends & family seeing what I got hahaha.
Bstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:13 AM #3427
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstealth View Post
I was hoping youíd make a private group. Iíd post my pics but I donít need friends & family seeing what I got hahaha.
Itís got two members now. So it should be working?

Quick Update
We had our second Thursday night session of the year and it went pretty well. Had some good teams and good players out, and from the looks of it a completely novice team.

I cleaned and lubed almost all the markers that I brought tonight. The AMP that stopped working over a week ago? Got it to work at home. Messed around with some oring mods for both of my Prime XTSís. The rest I felt like they didnít need attention. Hereís the rundown.

We shot Graffiti paint to start but it was so squirrelly that accuracy was almost unreliable. Later I got into some Empire paint and it was all good..

Prime XTS ( Emerald )
I got an oring kit and volume mod from Imped. Followed the directions at home but then scrapped everything and got fancy. I used the two skinny orings in that spot vs a larger one. This time the mod worked pretty good. Softer shot and a little bit quieter. My sole purpose of this is to have a solution for when I need to shoot compromised and ultra brittle paint, otherwise I think Iím actually more of a fan of the stock shot signature.

Iím probably going to reset most of the orings in the Infinity Drive that arenít stock. And then play more with the bolt restrictor flow mod. Efficiency seems fine as is, I just want that ultra soft on paint option. So warm weather months Iíll run it mostly stock, and in the colder months Iíll restrict the bolt some.

Prime XTS ( Black )
This had a leak at home but I got rid of it, and then the leak came back at the field ( during a point ). I tried installing the volume mod in this one, but I couldnít find a reliable way to keep the rubber tube in place, so I abandoned it for now. This one quickly went back into the trunk of my car. Frustrating because last weekend it was super solid.

Gonna do a reset on this one. Except maybe the xrings in the can.

Luxe X
It was good. No complaints. But dealing with the Graffiti paint by this time was becoming frustrating. I ended up just putting this one back. Iím sure if I had the Empire paint in this, I wouldíve had a much better time, and mightíve kept using it.

Selling this one since Iím getting the Adrenaline TM40. Btw, that has been delayed till next week.

AMP
So I got it to work at home. Lots of TLC. But tonight at the field it decided to not work for me. Again. Back in the trunk. Really disappointing because when itís working right, itís a very nice shooter, and I feel like I can really carve into the opposing side with it. SP! Help me figure this one out please! The AMP has a lot going for it- Good on paint, super efficient, comfortable and easy to handle.. I just need it to work. Might send it to Corey Field, as he has his whole teamís AMPs are shooting amazing, and he got my Pewter to shoot amazing.

Might wait for the mech frame for this. I also might just say screw it and sell it.

Force
I kept closer attention to the efficiency... I took a pic of the gauge after going through a CTRL hopper and 4 and a half pods. The gauge reads about 500 psi after. ( btw pics posted on the Facebook pbnation page ) this is on a 80ci tank filled to about 4000 psi, maybe 3800psi. So efficiency isnít as bad as I had thought, I mustíve had a real lapse in memory last week, but efficiency isnít good either.

The shot on this needs to calm down. I feel like itís about to redline and the whole thing will fall apart while Iím just ramping away with my hopper full of paint. I should trust it though because Dynasty has had such a phenomenal run of testing these things. Let me clarify this though. The marker itself is a tank. But the bolt moving back and forth? I can feel it going back and forth almost as if it was a mini jack hammer, and if it weren't for that thick body to contain it, I feel like it would eventually break something, like the back cap. Will that happen? No. But I do hope it eventually breaks in and things feel calmer during ramp.

Tempted to keep it since itís got such a good reputation for being reliable and gentle on paint.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
-Dye DSR, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, CTRL Loader, and Dye UL-S Barrel. [ speedball ]
-CS2PRO w/Mech Frame, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, CTRL Loader, and Dye UL-S Barrel. [ woodsball]
Old 04-09-2021, 06:44 AM #3428
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Just to clarify...

I gave you the solution to keeping the volume spacer in place prior to your post.

As for your Force, I still believe you have something going on.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:52 AM #3429
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
If you plan on restricting the airflow of the Prime XTS in the cold then you might need to raise the Dwell to make sure it can shoot consistently.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:55 AM #3430
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Yeah, I have spent some time around the force and shot some in the dynasty pits and those guns have a really pleasant shot. In fact, when early reviews of the DSR compared the shot to an insight, I took it as a compliment. To me, the field one stuff has a particular shot quality that I really like, so I'm wondering if something is happening with the inner u-cup on the ram.

DYE
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:00 AM #3431
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
If you plan on restricting the airflow of the Prime XTS in the cold then you might need to raise the Dwell to make sure it can shoot consistently.
If he's in fact running double 1mm seals (which I would not advise), that thing is having trouble breathing and will definitely need more dwell to have a chance at cycling reliably. You've got to leave some open area for flow or the air sear won't be able to sufficiently evacuate in a reasonable amount of time prior to the dwell time expiring. The fill --> bolt return will also be slowed, obviously. There's a reason I don't include a seal any larger than 1.5x14. The holes are 1.4mm, FYI.

Last edited by imped4now : 04-09-2021 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:24 AM #3432
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Just to clarify...

I gave you the solution to keeping the volume spacer in place prior to your post.

As for your Force, I still believe you have something going on.
I am currently out what you suggested. I tried using hockey tape and that didnít work. Need to run to Harbor Freight tomorrow and pick up some tools and whatever else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
15ms on both Primes seemed to do the trick at home. Only the Emerald was cycling properly at the field though. Once I come back to the restrictor mod, itís like Imped says, every gun is different. The Gloss Black one might need higher dwell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Yeah, I have spent some time around the force and shot some in the dynasty pits and those guns have a really pleasant shot. In fact, when early reviews of the DSR compared the shot to an insight, I took it as a compliment. To me, the field one stuff has a particular shot quality that I really like, so I'm wondering if something is happening with the inner u-cup on the ram.
I started having no problems one hand shooting while grabbing for a pod, while in ramp too. It is fairly calm when in ramp... itís all just in my head. Maybe itís the sound signature thatís making me feel slightly uneasy? Iíll be putting the idea/worry to rest though.

Thinking about that DSR 2 btw.... any idea when itís gonna release? World Cup?

Quote:
If he's in fact running double 1mm seals (which I would not advise), that thing is having trouble breathing and will definitely need more dwell to have a chance at cycling reliably. You've got to leave some open area for flow or the air sear won't be able to sufficiently evacuate in a reasonable amount of time prior to the dwell time expiring. The fill --> bolt return will also be slowed, obviously. There's a reason I don't include a seal any larger than 1.5x14. The holes are 1.4mm, FYI.
I am. Iíll sub em out.
NickOís and AOís ( both from Uprising ) Primes were shooting tits last night. Sounded super good and on point. I want to run my XTS to 200k shots and see how it feels.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
Old 04-09-2021, 09:15 AM #3433
imped4now
BTFU

For anyone that cares, you must wrap the spring carrier cylinder (the piece you slide the volume spacer over) with one layer (about 1") of electrical tape. After that, the spacer won't budge. That's it, nothing complex or fancy.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:41 PM #3434
XxJKATxX
Legit As They Come

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
XxJKATxX owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
XxJKATxX owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
XxJKATxX supports Team VICIOUS
XxJKATxX is an NCPA National Champion
XxJKATxX has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
XxJKATxX owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Quote:
For anyone that cares, you must wrap the spring carrier cylinder (the piece you slide the volume spacer over) with one layer (about 1") of electrical tape. After that, the spacer won't budge. That's it, nothing complex or fancy.
reminds me of old DM bolt mods heck I even had a Damage dm12 with a similar mod.

160R,Trex Victory,DM7
Virtue Spire 3/FS 88/W Powerhouse Reg,
^Changes so much does not even matter XD

East Carolina Paintball Team Alumni
2015 NCPA National Champion Class AA
XxJKATxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:46 PM #3435
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Played my second Tournament today. We did pretty good at 5th place out of 42 teams. We were number one in the first round too - won every match! I played pretty good. Got shot quickly the first point I played but after that I tightened up and helped win some points. The Dynasty Scales CS1 shot perfectly with my new Tank. No issues with the Fill Nipple not fitting in the Fill Stations’ Quick Disconnect this time lol. Also got to see Billy Wing and asked him about the DSR 2 lol.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:27 PM #3436
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Ninjaball is next Saturday. First 5 man event of the year. Definitely looking forward to it. Tomorrow we all practice together as a team.

Charlie! Not bad! Sounds like a big improvement. Also cool to hear you were rocking the Scales.

Today I played woodsball with the CS2mech. Basically it was so good and I had so much fun that I changed my mind about selling it. Part of me didnít want another uber expensive mech. And with the Adrenaline Luxe on the way, I feel like that might be the best mech in my collection. Eh. Gonna be a good face off when it happens. I donít want to find out later that I sold the best mech and then have to start thinking of how Iím gonna get another one...

Also... I was reminded of how different the cardio is in woodsball. Itís longer but not as intense. Nevertheless I had to be mindful to breath properly and stay calm. End of session I was spent. Canít wait to go back! None of the woodsball players knew who I was and so that was nice. But after a few games I became an important target.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
Old 04-11-2021, 01:19 PM #3437
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Thanks Noa!

We definitely had some improvements lol. No major penalties (or minor either I think). Everyone did their jobs for the most part and played well. I think we did great for our second time playing together as a team. I can’t wait until the next tournament!
Old 04-11-2021, 07:28 PM #3438
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Quick Update

This was our team’ first official practice with all our players. We’ve only got 5 for now... but here’s what everyone on the team is shooting-

Gtek 170r
Gtek 170r
LV1.6
Geo 4
DSR

Here’s a quick rundown of what I used-
I brought five guns with me and ended up using the DSR the most. The Prime XTS was working well but I’m not confident in the oring mods yet, so I’ll stow it for now and revisit it after the tournament. The Geo 4 wouldn’t cycle again, and when the bolt finally would cycle, I ended up breaking paint. WTH. The Luxe x broke a ball and I thought I had put the barrel back on ( a Stella ), but during a point I hadn’t noticed that the barrel wasn’t screwed on all the way. Finally busted out the DSR and just used that till the end.

This Thursday we will practice on the NXL layout, and Ninjaball will use that layout as well. I’ll only use the DSR Thursday.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com

Last edited by Noa Bo : 04-11-2021 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:55 PM #3439
Bstealth

Well, our 1st tournament is in the books. A 5 on 5, race to 2. I didn’t expect much considering we have never played together before but I expected better than that. I wish I could say it was a learning experience but it was just bad, real bad. The 1 positive I can pull from this is that we didn’t have any penalties until the final game of the day.
I used my Ice & it shot really well. Later in the day, a teammate with a 1.6 was having issues. When I see & hear about how some guys take care of their gear, I’m surprised they work at all.
Considering how poorly we did, we didn’t turn on each other, so that would be a 2nd good thing
We have a lot of work to do & maybe now everyone will face the reality of that.
Can only go up from here lol
Old 04-12-2021, 09:56 PM #3440
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Bstealth, way to stay positive and aware of the situation.

To put it plainly- Teams do poorly at events but that just lights a fire inside. I’ve seen teams place last and then go on to win an event later on in the year. All that “stewing” on the inside will soon be channeled into a focus for winning. I hope you guys stick it out and keep fighting, there are good things waiting to happen.

What’s your collection looking like these days? Glad to hear the Ice was good to you, those guns really are pretty good. If you want a marker that is more then “just works all the time”, the Ice is a solid choice. Ices are definitely like a Planet Eclipse Marker, they’ll just work all the time and shoot really nice in the process. I’m very tempted to keep my last Ice.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
Old 04-13-2021, 09:14 PM #3441
Bstealth

Thanks for the positivity I hope you’re right. Just to see improvements would be satisfying. The rest of the guys are anxious to get back at it too & get as many of us together as possible. This weekend Baltimore Revo is having a huge practice event at our local field (TopGun), bummed I can’t make that but a few of our guys will be there.
I’ve been thinning out my collection too. At 1 point I had 4 Ices but never intended to keep them. I kept the pure silver & a black 1. Yours is a black 1 too, right? I like the idea of having 2 in case I run into a problem with 1, I can use the other to help me diagnose the issue. That has helped me with 2 of them cause I bought them broken. I picked up a Patriot X that I love looking at but not sure about playing with. I have to get some play time with it still. It’s too flashy for my skill level LOL
The next time I get to play, I’m taking a 170R & a XLS with me to see how they feel & how I do with them. The XLS is a cool acid wash so I can’t see me getting rid of that one. If I can keep picking up markers that I intend to fix & flip, I can keep putting off the decision of what I need to let go of LOL.
I have to post some more pics on the FB page you made to show off my keepers. I have a BobLong Autococker that’s insanely heavy & can’t believe I used to run through the woods with this thing.
Good luck with Ninjaball & looking forward to hearing all about results & your teams marker performance
Old Today, 02:00 AM #3442
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Iím tempted to use my XLS again, itís another marker that just works well every time I decide to give it the ďdust offĒ. Alas I will be putting it up on the chopping block. Ha, looking forward to seeing some more pics. Especially any Autococker stuff.

Tech Update
In prep for Ninjaball I went through some top picks. I might have to carpool up and catch a ride, so bringing a massive amount of equipment wonít be in the cards. Tomorrow we have our last practice and itís on the actual layout, so I have to be very sure what I test and ultimately choose to bring with me.

Prime XTS
I ended up going through both of my Primes and Iím feeling great about them. I actually tackled both earlier in the week. Right now those are very high on the list to bring. Iíd start with one and hopefully finish with it. This layout actually suits the Prime XTS very well I think, just from the first day of looking at it. The open lanes are in abundance. Iím probably gonna carry 7 pods with me at the event and I think the Prime can shoot all the paint I need, plus the weather is liking amazing for the event!

Force
Was good to finally go through the Nucleus Drive and a little bit into the gun itself. Just cleaned off the old lube and applied a fresh coat, nothing intricate or complicated. Because I did this I realized more the intent of the gun and itís design. Itís designed to just be simple to maintain, yet provide a premium performance. Iím really digging it. Iím not sure I can shoot all the paint I need to with it, so I may use a 100ci tank.

Luxe Ice
It was good to open up the Encore. I want to say itís been over a year since Iíve lubed it?? The inside seemed sort of dry. Part of me would be very happy to use this. Iíd feel pretty confident with it even if itís not good with efficiency, I just know itís gonna work, and really well at that.

Geo 4
After swapping out some orings I think this one is good to go? Maybe? The Geo 4 was so strong last year and the earlier part of this year, I just think it was time to replace an oring or two. Thanks btw to Imped for pointing out in the Primes and the Geo, the orings that needed inspection and then maintenance if needed. I like the idea of the Geo being in ramp and pumping that paint out.

DSR
Itís on the tech table but forgot to get around to it.

AMP
So... I could not get this thing to cycle. It started this problem a few weeks ago and Iíve just procrastinated in diving into it. Tonight I wanted to figure it out. So Iím tinkering with it.. gassing it up and the air was reaching the bolt. Fresh battery in. Fsdo cranked way up. Bolt freshly lubed. It just would refuse to cycle.

I noticed that it finally did cycle as I would degass the marker. Hrmm... my last hunch was the reg. So I bring out the reg components, inspect the orings ( they were fine ), but the whole thing seemed to have old looking lube. So I disassembled the reg, cleaned it off, and applied fresh lube. Results? It finally was shooting/cycling!

Adrenaline is sending me my order and it lands this week. In it is an extra F16 bolt which will find itís way into the AMP. If I can dial in this AMP to work all the time, not break paint and all that, Iíd love to keep it.

Other
Adrenaline TM40 set to arrive before Saturday... Iím stoked. Iím stoked for the event as well.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
Old Today, 06:58 AM #3443
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Noa,
Maybe I missed it, but what's going on with ol faithful? Billy handles all the tech stuff now, so you can send it in and have him comb over it for you or I can maybe help you troubleshoot it.

-John

DYE
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:06 AM #3444
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Noa,
Maybe I missed it, but what's going on with ol faithful? Billy handles all the tech stuff now, so you can send it in and have him comb over it for you or I can maybe help you troubleshoot it.

-John
Thank you bruv. Thereís absolutely nothing wrong with the DSR. I was just going to give it a fresh coat of lube, new battery, and inspect some orings. The M3+ on the other hand is a little different. I installed the M3s board a while ago but something is still amiss in it. That one I was thinking of sending to Billy or you.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com