Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-25-2020, 02:24 PM #22
jubsz

I don't see the big deal of a SLAP ASA. SLAP might be a nice to have but I don't see the existing one as a problem or pain point.

My only legitimate complaint about my DSR is the ergonomics. I'd like more space between the trigger guard and foregrip. I'd also like the trigger to have better feel. I've done the magnetic mod and adjusted it to my liking. Instead of resisting magnets like the mod, my autococker has magnets attracting the trigger to the starting position. I think that is why it feels snappier.

Those 2 things alone would make me 100% satisfied with the marker. I do have the flex can/soft tip bolt and lockdown 2 neck. Full disclosure: I do not have experience with other high-ends. Marker talking to me, rechargeable batteries, fancy milling, bigger screen, recoil cancellation do not appeal to me. Aside from the marker talking to me, those other things are nice to haves but are not worth adding to the price point IMO. Give me space on the foregrip and a nicer trigger at a similar cost, and I'm sold. I like the simple ethos and design of the DSR but just want it to feel nicer in my hands.
jubsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2020, 01:23 AM #23
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I agree, good points.

If they keep it at about the same price then just stretch it out some and fix the Trigger and maybe Feedneck. The only thing I don’t like about the stock DSR ASA is the Plastic lever, if they make that part out of aluminum too then you won’t have to worry about it breaking.

If they make a high-end or higher-end DSR 2 then add some of those things that other people have mentioned.

I personally think they should keep the regular DSR around for a bit longer and lower it’s price, like SP did with the Shocker RSX.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:25 AM #24
Dshooter89
Don't Die, Have Fun.

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
Dshooter89 donated to help Peyton Trent
I really like the DSR. As for a DSR 2, it would be interesting to see what they would change, I like the simplistic milling among many other things.
Dshooter89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:20 PM #25
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Moving the foregrip forward or lengthening the gun may balance it a little better as well. It's a bit back heavy as is, which some people like and some people don't. Perhaps a tad more balance could keep everyone happy.

I really hate the wired battery harness......that needs to go OR be replaced with something a lot beefier. Broken wires should be a thing of the past.

How about this....I wish they'd make the same durable grips that are on the DSR for the M2 and M3 line. I hate that soft easy to rip rubber.

https://teespring.com/stores/politically-incorrect-36
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:49 PM #26
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

I just got rid of my DSR so hopefully the new DSR 2 comes out soon!

The DSR is kinda rear end heavy but I don’t really mind... Just wish there was a little more room. As to the Battery Harness maybe they could make something like the Etha 2 front grip to hold the Batteries but with the normal DSR grip cover.

I believe the grip material is the same for the DSR and M2/M3?
Old 12-18-2020, 12:19 AM #27
Atracin
Canadian Member

I'm hoping one comes out in 2021; or at least I'm saving up for one!

I saw the old wishlist thread and a lot of the asks are funny to me; essentially people just asking for an M3+ haha.

My wishlist is realistically only two things: put the Lockdwn2 feedneck on it and give it a better ASA. It doesn't even have to be the SLAP ASA. Make it a screw in like the Shockers that way the cost to manufacture remains low.

EDIT: I'll also add I like John's milling mockup. It's a pipedream that Dye would do it though, it strays too far from their design philosophy of clean lines.

Last edited by Atracin : 01-14-2021 at 03:41 PM.
Atracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:16 PM #28
jubsz

After using a slap style ASA and having more time with the DSR lever ASA, I'll backtrack my previous statement. I do prefer the SLAP style ASA as an engagement type. Also, I see my lever wearing the bump that holds it in place. Mine does not come undone yet but I see the wear that causes it and spoke with another player who has worn out multiples. I'm convinced it is a part that wears out that should not really be designed as a wear part. Slap engagement is not a necessity but a non wearing lock is.

I have gotten more used to the ergos of the DSR and it no longer bothers me TBH. I think a more stretched out one would appeal to a wider audience but it is no longer a negative of the current in my book.

I really do not want a marker that can only be used with a rechargeable battery (looking at you M3+). I'm skeptical of them in the long term and tend not to cycle through markers. I've read some in the M3+ have gone bad and people have had a difficult time sourcing them in COVID.
jubsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:52 PM #29
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
I'm curious if those wearing out the lock nub are de-gassing after every match/game/point. For those that aren't aware, that's completely unnecessary. Gas up at the beginning of the day, degas at the end when you're done playing. It's especially not recommended for markers with sprung valves/bolts since the bolt is pushed forward when de-gassed, potentially allowing two balls to be in the breech the next time you gas up.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:41 PM #30
Atracin
Canadian Member

After having the similarly priced AMP for a bit I really wish my DSR had something Shocker does...

Chamfer the trigger guard! Why is it so sharp? The AMP has a skinnier trigger guard with chamfers on the edge and it's really comfy, the DSR just hurts. I really want the DSR2.0 to have more space in between the trigger guard and the foregrip and a better trigger guard milling.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:11 PM #31
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Hostile Ground and the DyeLab DSR’s all had the edges on the trigger guard smoothed out. I’ve got one of the DyeLab DSR’s and the way they smoothed out the trigger guard was nice.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-Dye DSR, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, CTRL Loader, and Dye UL-S Barrel. [ speedball ]
-CS2PRO w/Mech Frame, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, CTRL Loader, and Dye UL-S Barrel. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gun’s 4 Hire: Fight Club and Minigunz
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:26 AM #32
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
I just want the DSR 2 to come out so the DSR prices drop more.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:52 AM #33
Atracin
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
Hostile Ground and the DyeLab DSR’s all had the edges on the trigger guard smoothed out. I’ve got one of the DyeLab DSR’s and the way they smoothed out the trigger guard was nice.
I've seen a DyeLab before but IMO it really wasn't enough. On top of the chamfering Dye needs to give us more space between the guard and the foregrip. It was also one of my gripes on my M3+ where they probably could have shrunk the trigger guard slightly for more reg spacing.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:04 PM #34
MstrKey

longer gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atracin View Post
I've seen a DyeLab before but IMO it really wasn't enough. On top of the chamfering Dye needs to give us more space between the guard and the foregrip. It was also one of my gripes on my M3+ where they probably could have shrunk the trigger guard slightly for more reg spacing.
You know you can move the asa back on the M3+? That might have helped a bit, assuming you didn't try it. It's not a huge amount of adjustment but it's one of the few guns with an adjustable asa these days.

Old 01-17-2021, 05:30 PM #35
Atracin
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
You know you can move the asa back on the M3+? That might have helped a bit, assuming you didn't try it. It's not a huge amount of adjustment but it's one of the few guns with an adjustable asa these days.
Of course (I loved that feature) but that doesn't do anything in terms of spacing between the Hyper reg and the trigger guard for the M3...

Last edited by Atracin : 01-17-2021 at 05:41 PM.
Atracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 05:53 PM #36
MstrKey

true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atracin View Post
Of course (I loved that feature) but that doesn't do anything in terms of spacing between the Hyper reg and the trigger guard for the M3...
Depending on how you hold your gun and what you're looking for. I just mentioned that feature because a lot of guys just want more length and forget the asa can be adjusted. If you have big hands/arms and you need more space between the two grips, obviously longer won't help.

Personally I don't care, so long as everything has a good balance and aiming point. Once the game starts I'm doing all kinds of weird stuff anyway so my grip is always changing.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:42 AM #37
echo34

I do t really get the “sharp trigger guard” complaints. It’s more square than a DM or M# but hardly sharp. The Luxe is substantially sharper on the lower edge and the Macdev Prime is basically all sharp edges, the DSR is more of a hard corner.
echo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:12 AM #38
MstrKey

sharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo34 View Post
I do t really get the “sharp trigger guard” complaints. It’s more square than a DM or M# but hardly sharp. The Luxe is substantially sharper on the lower edge and the Macdev Prime is basically all sharp edges, the DSR is more of a hard corner.
It just depends how you're playing. If you're sliding into the snake and do a core drill causing your hand, which is gripping tightly, to suddenly slide forward it can cut you. I've seen it a couple of times. During normal shooting it's rarely an issue.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:33 PM #39
Bauh4us

Bauh4us owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I'd like it if they added a removable grip frame with a mech option. That seems to be the rage with mid range guns nowaday, and the DSR is by far my favorite mid range. A buddy of mine claims that he read that Dye was going to do just that, but I can't find anything. Seems more likely that it was just someone wishlisting, but man that would be sweet.
Bauh4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:11 AM #40
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
I am glad you like the DSR!

DYE
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:03 PM #41
AngeLKiNg178
Retired Paintballer

AngeLKiNg178 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
AngeLKiNg178 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Was always jealous of my teammates DSR. Looking to try it out if the DSR2 comes out
AngeLKiNg178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:40 PM #42
SlaveAway

Wish they would release a teaser or something, every other manufacturer has released their newest midrange in some form...
SlaveAway is offline   Reply With Quote