ReplyNews Ups

Old 11-25-2020, 12:36 PM #211
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Supply Chain issues aren't a thing of the past, we're still seeing more layoff days at work due to parts shortages. We also don't know who they picked to print the books, they could be seeing work restrictions due to covid or materials shortages. We also don't know what the lead time to print the books, warehouse and ship them is. At this point we don't know much of anything other than they gave us an update about a month back and they've been averaging an update every 2-3 months. That doesn't mean much other than they claim to be close. Like I said a few posts back I'm optimistic we'll see something this winter but if we've learned anything over the past 9 months is nothing is moving along like it would normally.
Iím with you, itíll show up when itís done. The worlds all sorts of messed up and one day it will arrive.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2020, 01:47 AM #212
gunz411

gunz411 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadmuppet View Post
I have been in purchasing/supply chain for over a decade. Your 100% is off, by at least 50% when talking about custom products. And with COVID-19, 95% off.

And that is just with the production side. With shipping? Forget about it. Small package 1-day points are taking an average of 4-days, USPS can take a month to cross the country, and guaranteed 1 or 2 day services are in no way guaranteed right now. That is before we even talk about freight...

We have Kickstarted a book by a company that has never made a Kickstarter or a book (to my knowledge) during a global pandemic, better panic!
Every manufacturer or printer has a production schedule which will provide a baseline for the ETA. At this point, a simple update confirming the printers have the final proof and production should take X weeks would be sufficient.

Your shipping point is moot because we havenít even gotten to that point. Once we have a tracking number, the responsibility is on the carrier.
gunz411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:53 PM #213
yeahthatsme
Do Work Son

Annual Supporting Member
yeahthatsme supports Team VICIOUS
yeahthatsme plays in the APPA beginner division
yeahthatsme supports Ninja Paintball
I'm cool with waiting as long as they stay responsive and give updates every few weeks. Life is wild right now, this isn't even their main job, I'm happy to be patient to get a good final product.

Broseidon, King of the Brocean
yeahthatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:05 PM #214
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatsme View Post
I'm cool with waiting as long as they stay responsive and give updates every few weeks. Life is wild right now, this isn't even their main job, I'm happy to be patient to get a good final product.
they have given like 2 updates the entire year lol
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 05:07 PM #215
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is an Administrator
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy supports Bob Gurnsey
I had a p8nt magazine subscription all the way to the last issue. P8nt missing a self-imposed deadline is nothing new. They did it with their magazine. IIRC the last few issues took something like a year to get. But they DID deliver.

I get it. A lot of you were wee lads, if not a glimmer in your father's eye, when p8nt put out their last issue. For many of you this is a new experience and you're being let down by somebody you don't know.

But us old farts who started playing paintball before Dynasty was in daycare know that Chris Haas and company will make good on their promise. We've been down this road before.

Rest assured they'll deliver the book and it will be awesome. Just consider the delay part of the p8nt experience.
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:09 PM #216
CoolChad
Papa Chad.

CoolChad plays in the PSP
CoolChad plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetIndy View Post
I had a p8nt magazine subscription all the way to the last issue. P8nt missing a self-imposed deadline is nothing new. They did it with their magazine. IIRC the last few issues took something like a year to get. But they DID deliver.

I get it. A lot of you were wee lads, if not a glimmer in your father's eye, when p8nt put out their last issue. For many of you this is a new experience and you're being let down by somebody you don't know.

But us old farts who started playing paintball before Dynasty was in daycare know that Chris Haas and company will make good on their promise. We've been down this road before.

Rest assured they'll deliver the book and it will be awesome. Just consider the delay part of the p8nt experience.
wow. you sound like a badass.
Old 12-14-2020, 08:16 PM #217
gunz411

It’s been 2 months since the last update and 6 weeks from the supposed completion date. The lack of transparency is ridiculous and insulting to everyone who contributed to the GoFundMe.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:11 AM #218
YouGotOwned

YouGotOwned plays in the PSP
YouGotOwned plays in the APPA D5 division
I sent them an email requesting an update. No response yet and not sure they'll ever see it.

Also, I get that there's risk with Kickstarter; that 2020 is a logistically challenging year; that P8nt has been historically bad with deadlines; that this project is a Herculean effort; that there are probably 1M other tasks still left to be done.

While they aren't necessarily required to update us, it is a basic show of appreciation / respect for your 1,000+ backers to update them when a major milestone is missed. It really isn't an outrageous request. But given what others have said about the P8NT experience, I'm sure my argument is pointless because it falls on [P8NT's] deaf ears.

Last edited by YouGotOwned : 12-15-2020 at 01:16 AM.
YouGotOwned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:54 AM #219
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
I got ahold of Chris on instagram. He said an update on the product and shipping times is coming this week
Old 12-15-2020, 03:02 PM #220
m3s0h0rn7

Quote:
Q: When will I get my copy of the book?

A: Work on the book has already begun, and if we're able to hit our funding goal we hope to have it completed by the end of the year[2019]. Everyone who orders a copy will have access to regular updates on the progress of the project, as well as behind-the-scenes looks of the book as it comes together.

Q: Where does the money go?

A: This project is a labor of love for everyone involved, and all of us are volunteering our time. We want to produce the best possible book, and all of the money raised will be put back into the project. Here's a breakdown of how we plan to use the money:

Printing & production: 58%
Shipping: 15%
Photography services: 11%
Equipment costs: 5%
Video production: 3%
Kickstarter fees: 5%
Credit card processing fees: 3%
TOTAL: 100%*
*(based on a $40,000 budget)

*1,111 backers pledged $70,026 to help bring this project to life.*

-via Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...intball-f8mous
Where did the money go?

-//-
Old 12-15-2020, 03:18 PM #221
gunz411

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3s0h0rn7 View Post
Where did the money go?

-//-
All of the values shown are percentages and not fixed values. As the number of books increases, production and shipping costs rise as well.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:54 PM #222
John-Paintball.Media

Annual Supporting Member
John-Paintball.Media is a Paintball photographer
Also, I would hope and expect that those involved, (Chris, Chris, Matty, etc.) would be able to make a few dollars on a project that's taking a year of their lives to produce. Not to mention all of the work put in back when the real work was done in the early 2000s.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:56 PM #223
tristanot
Torg

tristanot plays in the APPA beginner division
tristanot has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
tristanot supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I got ahold of Chris on instagram. He said an update on the product and shipping times is coming this week

I'd messaged them but didn't hear back, so this is good news if true!
Old 12-15-2020, 03:58 PM #224
gunz411

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Paintball.Media View Post
Also, I would hope and expect that those involved, (Chris, Chris, Matty, etc.) would be able to make a few dollars on a project that's taking a year of their lives to produce. Not to mention all of the work put in back when the real work was done in the early 2000s.
Completely agreed.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:06 PM #225
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Paintball.Media View Post
"a year of their life"

Pretty sure not a ton of work is being done considering it is over a year behind schedule.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:31 PM #226
John-Paintball.Media

Annual Supporting Member
John-Paintball.Media is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
"a year of their life"

Pretty sure not a ton of work is being done considering it is over a year behind schedule.
I hear you, but these projects (I've done many myself) always take WAY longer than planned. And I'm pretty sure it's going to be awesome when it's done.....
Old 12-16-2020, 12:24 PM #227
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
F8MOUS reached a big milestone today: 100% of the content is now complete. Everything has been written, designed, copy-edited, proofed, polished, reviewed and re-reviewed. Here's a look at the aftermath:

We're coordinating with the printer now on all the logistics and timing. As the size and complexity of the book grew, it became clear that it would have to be printed overseas, as U.S. printers rarely handle this type of book anymore. We're working with a company based out of Seattle with a long history of producing high-quality art books. They estimate it will take up to six weeks to complete production, followed by another six weeks for shipping, though the world is still moving slowly due to Covid-19.
In the end we added more than a few surprises that we're keeping under wraps for now, but when you do finally get to see the book in person I hope you'll agree it was worth the wait.
And it has been a long wait—far longer than we'd expected. I feel like we owe an explanation, but I'm not sure what to say: We've all been living the explanation since March.
From the beginning, we knew this was going to be a challenging project, but no one could have predicted just how rough 2020 would be, from start to finish. I know I'm not alone in having lost friends or family this year. When we sent out our last update in October we were nearing the end, and looking forward to wrapping things up. Then in November my brother died suddenly, of a heart attack, and everything ground to a halt for a while.
I’m telling this story not as an excuse or an apology—it’s just what happened.
My brother played paintball only one time. He didn't really like it. I never really thought of him as part of my paintball life. I used to think that you left your "real life" behind every time you traveled to an event, or stepped inside the field. But of course it's not that simple. It's all still there, inside you, good and bad. What I've learned over the past few years is that you never really leave paintball behind either.
I don't know what my brother would have thought of F8MOUS, but I wish he could have seen it. I'm glad you'll all be able to see it soon.
- Christopher Hass
P.S. We'll continue to keep you posted as the book moves through production. If you ordered prints, contact sheets or magazines, we'll be reaching out soon to coordinate all the details for those. And if you've moved recently and need to update your shipping address, just email us directly at [email protected] and let us know.

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:44 PM #228
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
So it's coming in March from the sounds of it, rona willing.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:56 PM #229
Jonathan UK Refs

Looks like my earlier prediction is correct. If only I could predict something useful, like the winning lottery numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan UK Refs View Post
This is an extract from John's update of October 15:-

But if you read the Kickstarter update from January 2020:-

"Given that, we've made the hard decision to delay the release of the book until the fall of 2020.

We plan to wrap production and send the book to the printer by June. It will likely take two to three months for the printer to produce and deliver all the books to us, at which point they'll be packaged up and shipped to backers by October 31 at the very latest."

So..... if production is wrapped now - and the book has been sent to the printers - production & delivery will take 2 to 3 months, then the books need to be packaged up and shipped to backers.

So that means the books should be shipped to backers at some point between January 2020 and March 2020.

That's another 3-5 months added to the October 2020 ship date, providing the printer is open for business and doesn't experience any delays.....
Jonathan UK Refs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 02:29 PM #230
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
i cant believe people are complaining about the delays on this book, due to the overwhelming response they made the book way bigger than planned. sitting there day in day out screening tens of thousands negatives and slide film is tedious to say the least. Then the whole world was open closed open closed over and over during a global pandemic.

I fully support the production team making financial gains from this. one day you be sitting at home and the mail guy will bring you a wonderful surprise.