Old 11-21-2020, 07:04 PM #190
NuNuNewsome

NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NuNuNewsome plays in the APPA D4 division
NuNuNewsome supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post

From a pure fun standpoint, I liked 15 bps ramping the best. It made the game a bit violent/aggressive but also added to the intensity.
The last time this was the rule, I actually had too much fun playing
NuNuNewsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2020, 07:21 PM #191
paintballer3

has been a member for 10 years
paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
paintballer3 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNuNewsome View Post
The last time this was the rule, I actually had too much fun playing
As someone that played the snake during 15 bps. I don’t miss it. I don’t care what anyone says getting hit 6 times during a bunkering, because the guy pulled the trigger twice at me, was horrible. Also it was scary for new players.

We should have kept it at 12.5 bps.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:38 PM #192
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
As someone that played the snake during 15 bps. I donít miss it. I donít care what anyone says getting hit 6 times during a bunkering, because the guy pulled the trigger twice at me, was horrible. Also it was scary for new players.

I mean, when you play front and get bunkered now you still get shot 4-6 times

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:28 PM #193
OA paintball
ROOD BOIZ D4X

I think bunkering back in the day has too much rose-tined glasses tbh.

Bunkering or overshooting has been largely the same (for better or worse for specific players) over the years. 15bps was not as awesome as some people want to remember it as imo; it did live through two eras of hoppers though, the end of lids and beginning of speed feeds (game changer and thank god), but 15bps shot through a pod way too quick to be practical imo despite those layouts of the era producing quicker points in certain times depending on the layout/division.

10.2 to me is perfect for how were playing right now; a hopper lasts long enough; there is a percentage chance someone wont make it through your lane; gun battling feels pretty much like semi auto. 12.5 is where a lot of people wish to be and thats not too terrible although not a fan. True semi is the best move since cheater boards have largely left behind and i think policing methods of semi could be a thing.

anyways... yepp
Wherever you're going,
that's where you'll be
OA paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:29 PM #194
paintballer3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I mean, when you play front and get bunkered now you still get shot 4-6 times
You missed the part about the guy pulling the trigger twice. Usual they didnít do that and you got shot a lot more. Go watch old videos and you can count how many times you see people getting hunkered and their back is just covered in hits.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:31 PM #195
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
I know it really wasnt a world cup kinda year and we were just lucky to a second event in.

But i find it abysmal that PBN to date still hasnt posted a congrats to Dynasty on here for their cup win. Usually this is done within minutes of the finals ending. Has PBN just given up? Is a changing of the guard needed?

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:09 PM #196
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
I know it really wasnt a world cup kinda year and we were just lucky to a second event in.

But i find it abysmal that PBN to date still hasnt posted a congrats to Dynasty on here for their cup win. Usually this is done within minutes of the finals ending. Has PBN just given up? Is a changing of the guard needed?
John is literally the only one who actively admins the site and hes known to be a HUGE Impact fan, thats why he didn't post anything.

JK, I'm sure he's just busy and something like that isn't a priority.

Nobody went ahead and made a thread for it either, there's no rule saying only Admins/Mods can do that. I'm sure if someone had he could've easily made a front page post about it.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:23 PM #197
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
As someone that played the snake during 15 bps. I donít miss it. I donít care what anyone says getting hit 6 times during a bunkering, because the guy pulled the trigger twice at me, was horrible. Also it was scary for new players.

Yeah, but I bet you also felt superhuman when you torpedoed through those 15 bps lanes into the snake (I know I did).
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM #198
PBSales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
John is literally the only one who actively admins the site and hes known to be a HUGE Impact fan, thats why he didn't post anything.

JK, I'm sure he's just busy and something like that isn't a priority.

Nobody went ahead and made a thread for it either, there's no rule saying only Admins/Mods can do that. I'm sure if someone had he could've easily made a front page post about it.
Didn't Tweeter do that with this thread? The very first comment on this thread is DYNASTY wins in bold. Then Tweeter goes on to do a great daily overview of the event. It seems more than sufficient to me.
PBSales is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM #199
paintballer3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Yeah, but I bet you also felt superhuman when you torpedoed through those 15 bps lanes into the snake (I know I did).
That is true. I remember running and diving and just the air was full of paint. You used to be a real gamble running to the snake otb.
Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM #200
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
Didn't Tweeter do that with this thread? The very first comment on this thread is DYNASTY wins in bold. Then Tweeter goes on to do a great daily overview of the event. It seems more than sufficient to me.
I dont know about you, but I generally don't read the OP more than once, especially on a 10 page thread.
Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM #201
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post

Pretty sure John stopped caring about PBn as soon as vertical scope laid him off due to COVID and he just stole the PBn Instagram and social media to start pushing his PB retro stuff.

I’ve echoed it forever, this site didn’t die because “sOciAL mEdiA” it died because the owner chose milking a slow death over just revamping and modernizing the website with live chat, better BST, direct image upload, etc. they stayed in 2004 technology and wondered why it went to ****.

I mean MCB probably spent like $500 to redo the site when it went down and they have all those above features so it can’t be because of cost like the ownership always echoes

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM #202
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
I agree with oc rage, I don’t go back to the op once a thread has taken off.

We used to create a thread for the every event winner. With a write up. I do enough in the luxe and air forums plus graphic design isn’t my thing or else I would. I just feel dynasty deserves it.