Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 10-21-2020, 03:50 PM #1
gspn

has been a member for 10 years
gspn is playing at Living Legends VIII
gspn is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
GI Sportz Bankruptcy Docs / KORE

Are Congrats in order to Billy Ceranski , New CEO of KORE?

Here are the legal docs from the Chapter 15 and Canadian filings.
You accountants out there should be really interested.

https://www.ksvadvisory.com/insolven...leab3TisQZewjg

Last edited by gspn : 10-21-2020 at 04:21 PM.
gspn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2020, 05:03 PM #2
jtcraig93
P.E. ETEK 5 & Spyder Xtra

jtcraig93 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspn View Post
Are Congrats in order to Billy Ceranski , New CEO of KORE?

Here are the legal docs from the Chapter 15 and Canadian filings.
You accountants out there should be really interested.

https://www.ksvadvisory.com/insolven...leab3TisQZewjg
I'm not being one to completely understand legal docs. And I'm going to admit, I sometimes need things spelled out. What does all this mean, exactly?
jtcraig93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:50 PM #3
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
I dunno but a friend whos in the business told me that they we're going to go bankrupt they re-buy the company for cheaper.

looks like he was exactly right.

these big business guys are good at being snakes at big business.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:48 PM #4
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Their finances don’t look great. Last year they lost almost $2.5 million and that was even before interest costs on their massive debt. Sales were also down from 2018-19 almost $10 million and this year they were on pace to be down another $12 million from last year.

I’d have to imagine all the years of not producing new or viable products has finally caught up with them. What was the last successful product they had? Seems like the entire business essentially earns everything through paint, an area in which they are losing market share rapidly.

I’m not sure how they turn it all around even with the restructuring. Most all of their brands other than Tippmann and GI Paintballs seems to be failing pretty heartily, and even Tippmann is losing entry market share rapidly to PE on the rental front.

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:11 PM #5
bunkeru2k

Well the paint is losing market share because the only thing consistent about it is the lint it leaves on your bolt.
bunkeru2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:16 PM #6
autodoc

Annual Supporting Member
autodoc plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
autodoc plays in the APPA D2 division
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkeru2k View Post
Well the paint is losing market share because the only thing consistent about it is the lint it leaves on your bolt.
Good one !!!
Old 10-21-2020, 07:39 PM #7
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
this should be merged into the other thread

i fully agree the numbers look terrible and it seems like all the did was shuffle a bunch of stuff around and make an agreement to repay part of whats owed. allowin them to buy gi and its IP at a reduced rate.

the only things of value to me is gi's paintballs. all the rest including tippmann are a dying horse without some serious changes.

i asked long ago to our sales rep why they didnt just get rid of all the legacy branding and just focus on GI for paintballs, let empire draxxus zap procaps and all the rest die. and just promote GI only.
gi store for the box stores
gi field for the rental fields
gi custom
gi winter
gi 1-5* for the competitive side

this would eliminate all the extraneous art and marketing and allow one name to become dominant with proper focus.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:35 PM #8
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Quote:
ProShar will take their market share, their paint is not marbles like GI.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:16 PM #9
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
here's why there's so much lint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbuwu51kdw4

there's a lot of towels and paper towels around the encapsulation machines. @2:24 with clip holding it to the rail. @2:40 @3:13 towels everywhere. @3:35 probably leaving fibers that rotate on the drum on to the outside of the shell sheet. @3:42 @3:56 on the rotating drum again. @4:05 @4:09 @4:31 @4:40 @4:46
VETERAN MILITIA
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:57 PM #10
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I think I went cross eyed trying to look through that. Reminds me of the crap I have to read when I’m in the middle of a patent filing.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:06 AM #11
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
this should be merged into the other thread

i fully agree the numbers look terrible and it seems like all the did was shuffle a bunch of stuff around and make an agreement to repay part of whats owed. allowin them to buy gi and its IP at a reduced rate.

the only things of value to me is gi's paintballs. all the rest including tippmann are a dying horse without some serious changes.

i asked long ago to our sales rep why they didnt just get rid of all the legacy branding and just focus on GI for paintballs, let empire draxxus zap procaps and all the rest die. and just promote GI only.
gi store for the box stores
gi field for the rental fields
gi custom
gi winter
gi 1-5* for the competitive side

this would eliminate all the extraneous art and marketing and allow one name to become dominant with proper focus.

Agree with you. They seem to think they are good at building brands and products when that has never been their forte. Their Paint is a strong point, why they arenít putting all the focus into that GI direct brand is beyond me. Tippmann could be revived if they would bring out a crossover type mech at a $189 price point I think. They have just been riding 25 year old designs for way too long now with almost no improvement while the rest of the market evolved around them massively.

GI should focus this restructure on building a more efficient paint line with higher quality control and more focused branding. They have way too many lines. Then after a year or two of rebuilding that they should focus on fully scaling out all of these useless brands they own that they seem to think still pull prestige after being irrelevant for 10 years plus. Valken already dominates the cheap and quick portion of the market. GI should focus on quality driven products and paint.

But even then, I feel like the will never be able to catch up with HKs market presence, Valkens price points, or APX/Pro Shar paint quality

Old 10-22-2020, 09:47 AM #12
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Agree with you. They seem to think they are good at building brands and products when that has never been their forte. Their Paint is a strong point, why they arenít putting all the focus into that GI direct brand is beyond me. Tippmann could be revived if they would bring out a crossover type mech at a $189 price point I think. They have just been riding 25 year old designs for way too long now with almost no improvement while the rest of the market evolved around them massively.

GI should focus this restructure on building a more efficient paint line with higher quality control and more focused branding. They have way too many lines. Then after a year or two of rebuilding that they should focus on fully scaling out all of these useless brands they own that they seem to think still pull prestige after being irrelevant for 10 years plus. Valken already dominates the cheap and quick portion of the market. GI should focus on quality driven products and paint.

But even then, I feel like the will never be able to catch up with HKs market presence, Valkens price points, or APX/Pro Shar paint quality
As an armchair marketing guy I think you guys are onto something with thinning out their brands. I'd get rid of all the GI branded stuff.
  • Paint - Call it Diablo again and stick with it. We don't need GI, Empire, Evil and whatever the hell else they have these days. It doesn't have to be Diablo but they should just stick with a single brand here.
  • Soft goods - You own JT for christ sake, use that for jerseys, pants, masks, packs and pads. That's one of the most iconic brands in the game, not using it to the full potential is stupid. All the other masks like the ev3 and v force stuff just make them JT too.
  • Guns - Use the Empire branding for this, i think most of their stuff already is so this should be easy.
  • Loaders - Last I checked they owned viewloader, again that's another iconic brand that is for all intents and purposes dead so bring it back. You have a VL revy again, a VL LVL and all the rest of their loaders.

I don't understand why they've let things get as bloated as they have with the number of brands. Tippmann is the one brand I don't really know what you would do different with but they need to do something because that Emek is really eating their lunch in that market.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:01 AM #13
natexcarr
Doesn't need friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
As an armchair marketing guy I think you guys are onto something with thinning out their brands. I'd get rid of all the GI branded stuff.
  • Paint - Call it Diablo again and stick with it. We don't need GI, Empire, Evil and whatever the hell else they have these days. It doesn't have to be Diablo but they should just stick with a single brand here.
  • Soft goods - You own JT for christ sake, use that for jerseys, pants, masks, packs and pads. That's one of the most iconic brands in the game, not using it to the full potential is stupid. All the other masks like the ev3 and v force stuff just make them JT too.
  • Guns - Use the Empire branding for this, i think most of their stuff already is so this should be easy.
  • Loaders - Last I checked they owned viewloader, again that's another iconic brand that is for all intents and purposes dead so bring it back. You have a VL revy again, a VL LVL and all the rest of their loaders.

I don't understand why they've let things get as bloated as they have with the number of brands. Tippmann is the one brand I don't really know what you would do different with but they need to do something because that Emek is really eating their lunch in that market.

Ooh, thats a bingo!
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:09 AM #14
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
 is playing at Living Legends XI
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
dreadmuppet is Legendary
dreadmuppet supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
I don't understand why they've let things get as bloated as they have with the number of brands.
I work for a company that is basically doing the same thing. Bought by a private equity company and all of the focus is to buy other brands to increase sales. No work is done to improve any brands. No work is being done to consolidate overlap.

The only thing that matters to them is to increase annual sales to a certain number, so they can sell us to the next private equity company. They assume they can buy enough companies and cut costs quickly enough to not implode before the lack of focus on internal improvements put them under. I suspect Fulcrum had the same plan.

Instagram * NHW Paintball * Facebook

"Originally posted by Joshisanalligator: buddy, we're on the internet. just be thankful there's a central topic to this argument"

eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:21 AM #15
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadmuppet View Post
I work for a company that is basically doing the same thing. Bought by a private equity company and all of the focus is to buy other brands to increase sales. No work is done to improve any brands. No work is being done to consolidate overlap.

The only thing that matters to them is to increase annual sales to a certain number, so they can sell us to the next private equity company. They assume they can buy enough companies and cut costs quickly enough to not implode before the lack of focus on internal improvements put them under. I suspect Fulcrum had the same plan.
I used to work for a place like that too. They owned like 50 different brands or something like that. The business model seemed to be to buy a company about every 8-12 months to increase revenue and if they missed the target then they'd lay 40 or 50 people off. When I got clipped I had been there about 8 years and in my department I had more seniority than anybody else but one guy who'd been there for 30 years.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:53 AM #16
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:

Good thoughts. I dont understand GI, they own an insane amount of IP and dont use any of it at all.

Old 10-22-2020, 12:34 PM #17
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
There's a bit of a tradition in paintball business of a company buying up a competitor just to eliminate them as competition, only to themselves fold up within a couple years.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:36 PM #18
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by natexcarr View Post
Ooh, thats a bingo!
You just say bingo.

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:18 PM #19
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Annual Supporting Member
BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
Amazing how many people skip blaming their local field for poor paint storage, and jump straight to blaming the manufacturer.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:13 PM #20
natexcarr
Doesn't need friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJoker View Post
Amazing how many people skip blaming their local field for poor paint storage, and jump straight to blaming the manufacturer.
Yeah, because the paint being stored poorly at the field is why its covered in lint...
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 02:23 PM #21
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natexcarr View Post
Yeah, because the paint being stored poorly at the field is why its covered in lint...
I've never personally had the lint issue with their paint but that would definitely be a packaging issue. The issues I've had with their paint always seems to be from the way my local field stores it. Keeping it in an box trailer that isn't ever climate control isn't great for it but that isn't on GI. I do think the field grade has a stupid thick shell and hurts like a bastard when you get shot compared with the HK/APX stuff I've shot recently and that's for sure on GI.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.