Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 plays in the NXL
John donated to help Peyton Trent
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Alex "Arod" Rodriguez to Edmonton Impact and Dalton to Dynasty for World Cup

Alex "Arod" Rodriguez recently let his LA Ironmen teammates know that he was defecting and leaving the team right before World Cup to join Edmonton Impact.

Impact will likely be missing their Canadian players for Cup, so it makes sense that they would be after top level talent.

Dalton Vanderbyl is also coming back to Dynasty for World Cup.

What other World Cup rumors have you heard?
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2020, 09:14 PM #2
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Bart couldn’t even wait until the end of the year? 🤣🤣🤣. Oh man, that franchise is disgusting. I’m done.

Hey Dave, how does it feel to be a farming team for Edmonton impact? These players are unreal Man. I’m done. Im seriously done. This whole thing has become a sick joke.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:22 PM #3
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 plays in the NXL
Hard to lay the blame on just Impact when googling "Arod paintball" gets this:

Old 10-06-2020, 09:42 PM #4
JOESPUD27
Merc

has been a member for 10 years
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
People gotta eat. Money talks
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:44 PM #5
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Hard to lay the blame on just Impact when googling "Arod paintball" gets this:

We’ll talk in January when the pick up malloy as well!
Old 10-06-2020, 09:49 PM #6
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Well talk in January when the pick up malloy as well!
They tried hard last year...
Old 10-06-2020, 09:50 PM #7
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Nick mentioned something about not all the Ironmen wanting to travel to Florida to play, Arod was prob like "**** that if I'm going to cup, I'm going to win"

Not sure how people can blame him for not wanting to play on a team where a chunk of the roster isn't willing to play.

Dalton going to Dynasty is huge though.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:54 PM #8
f8al
POWERHOUSE REGS

f8al works for a Paintball manufacturer
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al posts videos on PbNation
Poor ****ing Todd man, he busts his *** putting a team together that finally wins a ****ing event for the first time in however long and has dudes bailing on him the very next event.

Homie don't deserve that.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:19 PM #9
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
Poor ****ing Todd man, he busts his *** putting a team together that finally wins a ****ing event for the first time in however long and has dudes bailing on him the very next event.

Homie don't deserve that.
That was the first thing I thought about too Todd is one of the good guys and that really sucks for him and the team.

Cant blame A-rod for chasing a check though, you would think Dye could do the same damn thing if they wanted to.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:06 PM #10
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 plays in the NXL
Is Todd going to World Cup?
Old 10-07-2020, 07:13 AM #11
dubv187
Inglewood

dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
Arod to Impact is gross. I know the man has to eat but...ugh. Impact makes it really easy to not like them. Arod is now up there with Siewers as being the flakiest (dunno if that's the right word) teammate in the pros.

Dalton to Dynasty I don't think moves the needle to much. He's a great player but hasn't played in a while and a D side attacker is one of their stronger positions.

Also, why/how are Wilddogs Latino America in the pro division? There are 21 teams signed up in a capped 20 team division.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:45 AM #12
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubv187 View Post
Arod to Impact is gross. I know the man has to eat but...ugh. Impact makes it really easy to not like them. Arod is now up there with Siewers as being the flakiest (dunno if that's the right word) teammate in the pros.

Dalton to Dynasty I don't think moves the needle to much. He's a great player but hasn't played in a while and a D side attacker is one of their stronger positions.

Also, why/how are Wilddogs Latino America in the pro division? There are 21 teams signed up in a capped 20 team division.
Idk, if the ironmen were playing WC I would agree, but they're not. I don't think it's fair to assume that if the season was operating under normal circumstances and the ironmen were playing WC that he would still leave the ironmen. If the ironmen organization made the decision to sit out WC and Arod wants to play he should be able to do so.

Intern1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:07 AM #13
sellaric
Charlie561

Ironman aren't playing Cup so it's not like he's bailing on them. At this point its fair to assume he is simply guesting with Impact for Cup (even if he joins them for 2021 you can't really say he did the Ironmen or Todd dirty). I think Nick Slowiak even said he was going to play with a non-Ironmen team for Cup as well. if their team isn't playing you can't blame them for jumping on another team (and possibly getting paid to do so).
sellaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:15 AM #14
hscpaintballa

hscpaintballa plays in the PSP
hscpaintballa owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
hscpaintballa supports DLX Technology
hscpaintballa supports Ninja Paintball
Ironmen are on WC list now and shows paid. 21 teams in the pro division right now.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:30 AM #15
dubv187
Inglewood

dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellaric View Post
Ironman aren't playing Cup so it's not like he's bailing on them. At this point its fair to assume he is simply guesting with Impact for Cup (even if he joins them for 2021 you can't really say he did the Ironmen or Todd dirty). I think Nick Slowiak even said he was going to play with a non-Ironmen team for Cup as well. if their team isn't playing you can't blame them for jumping on another team (and possibly getting paid to do so).
That would change my thinking on the Arod situation. I haven't heard anything about that.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:39 AM #16
sellaric
Charlie561

You're right. Last time I checked they weren't playing. If they are bringing their roster then that would change my opinion.
sellaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:26 AM #17
wc!
In periculo, nos jubete

wc! is a Supporting Member
wc! donated to help Peyton Trent
wc! supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscpaintballa View Post
Ironmen are on WC list now and shows paid. 21 teams in the pro division right now.

That's a new development. They weren't on the list as of last Friday. I wonder if arods decision was before or after the Ironmen jumped back into the fray. And what does NXL do with the 21st team now? Can't wait to see how things shake out!
wc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:56 AM #18
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:

I think Dalton is huge for Dynasty. By adding him they get a legitimate and unquestioned 1 on the Dside back, which gives them freedom to keep Blake at the 2 where he is much more effective, it also gives them Freedom to float Tyler to the snake side without weakening the center or dside. Now they can let Fraige counterpunch in the middle, Greenspan and Yosh holding the back line, and Marcello and Blake floating around and racking up kills with Tyler and Dalton.

Yeah for sure, Arod is really turning into kind of a scumbag. He signed on with Dye for the year because he said it fit his goals of developing his music career. Then he takes Dyes money, and plays music for 6 months, and now defects to get a new paycheck from Bart. Paintball badly needs to figure out roster moves and make some sort of limitation on leaving rosters for Cup. It is such a bad look for a "Pro" sport that Ironmen won the first and only event of the year, and they cant even field the same roster for Cup because of guys like Bart/Dave poaching constantly. They still need to find a solution to the grossly uneven financial playing field of paintball.

As for Wilddogs, this has been stated like 50 times. The NXL has expanded World Cup to 24 pro teams to make it more a World Cup. The 4 new teams are international teams. However, this decision was made before Covid shutdowns ruined the season, and now only Wilddogs can travel here since RL likely cant, the French Teams cant, and the UK teams cant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc! View Post

That's a new development. They weren't on the list as of last Friday. I wonder if arods decision was before or after the Ironmen jumped back into the fray. And what does NXL do with the 21st team now? Can't wait to see how things shake out!
You would think he wouldnt make a decision like that until it was set in stone from Dye. I doubt Dye was telling everyone "no we arent going" then just randomly pays the entry fee and sends them.

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:19 AM #19
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Quote:

I think Dalton is huge for Dynasty. By adding him they get a legitimate and unquestioned 1 on the Dside back, which gives them freedom to keep Blake at the 2 where he is much more effective, it also gives them Freedom to float Tyler to the snake side without weakening the center or dside. Now they can let Fraige counterpunch in the middle, Greenspan and Yosh holding the back line, and Marcello and Blake floating around and racking up kills with Tyler and Dalton.

Yeah for sure, Arod is really turning into kind of a scumbag. He signed on with Dye for the year because he said it fit his goals of developing his music career. Then he takes Dyes money, and plays music for 6 months, and now defects to get a new paycheck from Bart. Paintball badly needs to figure out roster moves and make some sort of limitation on leaving rosters for Cup. It is such a bad look for a "Pro" sport that Ironmen won the first and only event of the year, and they cant even field the same roster for Cup because of guys like Bart/Dave poaching constantly. They still need to find a solution to the grossly uneven financial playing field of paintball.

As for Wilddogs, this has been stated like 50 times. The NXL has expanded World Cup to 24 pro teams to make it more a World Cup. The 4 new teams are international teams. However, this decision was made before Covid shutdowns ruined the season, and now only Wilddogs can travel here since RL likely cant, the French Teams cant, and the UK teams cant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc! View Post
[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/IMG]

You would think he wouldnt make a decision like that until it was set in stone from Dye. I doubt Dye was telling everyone "no we arent going" then just randomly pays the entry fee and sends them.
I was going to make that comment about dalton but you beat me to it. It totally frees up tyler or Marcelo to move to the snake side, and they’re both great snake players. Even dalton is a great snake player. A lot of people don’t know that but he was aftermaths starting snake guy, as well as vicious’s. I’ve seen him play snake with dynasty and impact as well.

They do have that Arturo guy who’s had a couple great events in the snake, even finished in the top 10 a couple of times, but he doesn’t have the years of experience the other guys do.

Edit: it’s also hard to tell someone they can’t go to a team and make money in paintball and make a career out of it. I think every player should have that opportunity and should be allowed to take it if they want to. However, what bart and Dave do, they just turn it into a mockery, it’s a total joke now. They completely take advantage of a broken system, it honestly makes me want to cancel my gosports. And ya, arod doesn’t sound like a good dude right now. He sounds like he’d ditch you for an extra jersey.

Last edited by Trevor the great : 10-07-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:28 AM #20
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post

Yeah for sure, Arod is really turning into kind of a scumbag. He signed on with Dye for the year because he said it fit his goals of developing his music career.
I thought he said that too. I don't see how playing for a team that's going to require more from you fits into his music goals.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:38 PM #21
natexcarr
Doesn't need friends

Anyone familiar with (at least) English soccer knows about financial fair play rules. Paintball needs something akin to this to answer the disparity in salaries and bridge the gap between to upper echelons of the pro ranks and the bottom. Maybe it even needs to be extended beyond salaries. But, this is moot as it will never happen. ::shrug::
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.