Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Do you think there will there be a 2020 NXL Paintball World Cup?
yes 36 8.33%
yes, but limited in some way 123 28.47%
no 273 63.19%
Voters: 432. You may not vote on this poll

ReplyNews Ups

Old 07-22-2020, 10:03 AM #43
The Sand Man

has been a member for 10 years
The Sand Man owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
The Sand Man owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
The Sand Man owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNoFx View Post
Ironmen 2020 series champions.......
The Sand Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2020, 10:04 AM #44
Cnoddings0364
Paintsieg

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
No. Nor should they force it and risk ****ing up the perception of the tourney scene any more.

This crap isn't ending until the election is over.

Cnoddings0364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:16 AM #45
dyechild03

Annual Supporting Member
dyechild03 is BST Legit
Yeah no way it's happening. Just look at how much logistics went in to making the shortened NBA playoffs happen. They're way more lucrative of an organization than the NXL so I doubt they expose themselves to the possibility of a massive financial hit.
dyechild03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:07 AM #46
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193 View Post
Most likely not . Things if anything will be close to 100% back to normal .I can see a smaller pro event , similar to the bubble that the NBA is doing . Hopefully something can be done to make something happen . Maybe check out a totally different venue maybe something more north seeing how things seem a little better .
Nothing’s getting back to normal until there’s a vaccine and/or herd immunity is reached. I’m even skeptical about the nxl starting back up in March of 2021. The good news is that it’s been mutating to a weaker form of the virus. I get my flu shot every year, but I’m for sure skipping this first round of covid vaccines, as well as the flu vaccine this year.

Last edited by Trevor the great : 07-22-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:02 PM #47
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I would love to watch hours of pro 1v1's.

That would be one way to do it.

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:08 PM #48
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Nothingís getting back to normal until thereís a vaccine and/or herd immunity is reached. Iím even skeptical about the nxl starting back up in March of 2021. The good news is that itís been mutating to a weaker form of the virus. I get my flu shot every year, but Iím for sure skipping this first round of covid vaccines, as well as the flu vaccine this year.

I'm normally all for vaccines but as fast as they've rammed this one to the point it is I'm thinking of waiting a little bit on this one.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:23 PM #49
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I'm normally all for vaccines but as fast as they've rammed this one to the point it is I'm thinking of waiting a little bit on this one.
I work in pharmaceuticals for a company with vaccines being one of the major focal points, and there is nothing really "rushed" about these vaccines in the way that you make it sound (or at least the way I interpret your post that you are concerned in due diligence being followed). The first SARS-CoV-2 vaccine material went into phase 1 clinical trials in the beginning of March. The FDA also created a set of requirements that any novel vaccine must meet, in conjuncture with the regulations of phase 1-3 clinical trials. Yes things are moving very quickly, pending phase 3 trial data we will know more. Any/all medical treatments come with a cost/benefit analysis, and we need the trial data to be able to tell.

Hopefully that wasn't too convoluted or condescending, just an area that I have some knowledge in and wanted to share. Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:45 PM #50
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshisanalligator View Post
Quote:
I work in pharmaceuticals for a company with vaccines being one of the major focal points, and there is nothing really "rushed" about these vaccines in the way that you make it sound (or at least the way I interpret your post that you are concerned in due diligence being followed). The first SARS-CoV-2 vaccine material went into phase 1 clinical trials in the beginning of March. The FDA also created a set of requirements that any novel vaccine must meet, in conjuncture with the regulations of phase 1-3 clinical trials. Yes things are moving very quickly, pending phase 3 trial data we will know more. Any/all medical treatments come with a cost/benefit analysis, and we need the trial data to be able to tell.

Hopefully that wasn't too convoluted or condescending, just an area that I have some knowledge in and wanted to share. Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Do they have an idea of the effectiveness of the vaccine is so far? Because every once in a while, they’ll produce a flu vaccine that doesnt’t have any effect on the certain strain that’s going around in the winter, and that’s when we get hit hard. And that’s good to hear that it’s not “rushed,” I think me and everyone else is just assuming that due to how fast this vaccine is being created. I understand that technology is much more advanced now, so I can still see it being successful
Old 07-22-2020, 02:30 PM #51
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Do they have an idea of the effectiveness of the vaccine is so far? Because every once in a while, they’ll produce a flu vaccine that doesnt’t have any effect on the certain strain that’s going around in the winter, and that’s when we get hit hard. And that’s good to hear that it’s not “rushed,” I think me and everyone else is just assuming that due to how fast this vaccine is being created. I understand that technology is much more advanced now, so I can still see it being successful
The flu vaccines produced yearly and a COVID19 vaccine are different cases. Doctors, and medical professionals work with scientists to create what is the most likely to be effective vaccine for the predicted flu strain of that season. Since vaccines take time to produce they need to produce a vaccine to treat a Flu strain that is not yet widespread or active. Sometimes they arent effective because the predicted strain is incorrect or it mutates along the way.

A COVID19 vaccine would be specifically be built to prevent the COVID19 strain so it would be effective until a widespread mutation or new strain was presented, which as of now, isn't predicted. It isnt being built preemptively but after we already know and understand the strain and its origin.

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:59 PM #52
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:

Get out of here with that informed opinion. The internet is for baseless accusations.

Seriously though that's good info to hear because this whole thing really sucks.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:43 PM #53
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Do they have an idea of the effectiveness of the vaccine is so far? Because every once in a while, theyíll produce a flu vaccine that doesntít have any effect on the certain strain thatís going around in the winter, and thatís when we get hit hard. And thatís good to hear that itís not ďrushed,Ē I think me and everyone else is just assuming that due to how fast this vaccine is being created. I understand that technology is much more advanced now, so I can still see it being successful
I haven't see anything as to the effectiveness of the compounds (raw data) but if things are moving into further clinical phases my assumption is obviously they work "good enough" with minimal risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
The flu vaccines produced yearly and a COVID19 vaccine are different cases. Doctors, and medical professionals work with scientists to create what is the most likely to be effective vaccine for the predicted flu strain of that season. Since vaccines take time to produce they need to produce a vaccine to treat a Flu strain that is not yet widespread or active. Sometimes they arent effective because the predicted strain is incorrect or it mutates along the way.

A COVID19 vaccine would be specifically be built to prevent the COVID19 strain so it would be effective until a widespread mutation or new strain was presented, which as of now, isn't predicted. It isnt being built preemptively but after we already know and understand the strain and its origin.
Flu vaccines can be a bit of a crap-shoot based on the strains, their spread, total vaccine coverage, and a bunch of other factors. Either way, it is beneficial for everyone, not just at risk individuals, to get the flu shot.

Quote:
Get out of here with that informed opinion. The internet is for baseless accusations.

Seriously though that's good info to hear because this whole thing really sucks.
This whole thing is a dumpster fire of bad and worse news, coupled with people who are spewing **** and misinformation out both ends. Science and medicine are a step by step, often trial and failure, learning experience. Just because everyone is entitled to their opinion doesn't mean that all opinions are worth the same. Always look for data sources, peer reviewed articles, and reputable information sources.

As always stay safe and healthy guys.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:31 PM #54
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Moderator
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Do you think there will be a 2020 NXL World Cup?

Why or why not? If you think it will be limited, in what way? No spectators? No vendors? Only pro teams? 1 on 1 championship?

Tom Cole, President of the NXL:
John,

That's a loaded question. I believe the league will hold World Cup. But the real questions is will it be World Cup or a super regional event?

On the positive side there simply has not been a lot of paintball this year so the pent up demand is real and people want to get out and play. On the other hand, as we know first hand, Covid-19 is real and has real consequences. I believe many teams or individual players (impacting teams) will opt out of traveling to Florida.

Now - is Florida a hot spot? or just bad data points? Hopefully by early October we'll start to get a better read of the situation in Florida. We (General public) will have had a chance to see what happens at places like Disney World and Universal in Florida, helping us to form our decisions with additional data.

Does it make sense to run a "PRO" only event - I don't think so. We are the division that costs the most and at best breaks even (I'm laughing at that statement - we cost the league money imo). If you're going to run a PRO only event go to some place like Paintball Fit that has a fantastic setup and limit the leagues costs.
Home of Eddie Painter, Baltimore 187 cRew
FOX 4 DARKSIDE - ICPL PRO 10-MAN
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:38 PM #55
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Moderator
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballing24356 View Post
This is sad to read and I don't really understand why you bother login in to your account here and participating. If you're done with paintball, and I understand that that happens from time to time, then move on and be done. For many paintball is what drives them and to them it's a the real deal.

The NXL has not been ripping people off year after year. I'm not saying they don't make money either. Any business, and that is exactly what the NXL is, is built to make money as an end goal. I think recently (pre covid) the league was starting to hit their stride and earn a bit more revenue, but that has certainly all come to a screaming stop.

As long as folks like Bart and Randy are involved I imagine the league can dig out of any hole it might find it self in, but I guess only time will tell.
Home of Eddie Painter, Baltimore 187 cRew
FOX 4 DARKSIDE - ICPL PRO 10-MAN
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:09 PM #56
painter4life05
cixelsyd

painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
painter4life05 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
Does it make sense to run a "PRO" only event - I don't think so. We are the division that costs the most and at best breaks even (I'm laughing at that statement - we cost the league money imo). If you're going to run a PRO only event go to some place like Paintball Fit that has a fantastic setup and limit the leagues costs.
This is a really good point I did not think about. Texas is closer for West Coast teams. They did a great job hosting the 1 on 1 matches.

PUMP OT B.Y.O.L.B.

OG Feedback 45+
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:00 PM #57
autodoc

Annual Supporting Member
autodoc plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
autodoc plays in the APPA D2 division
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint iLy View Post
World Cup is always the best event of the season. We're looking forward to competing in D3x.
In 2021 ?
Old 07-22-2020, 10:23 PM #58
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
dak22 is playing at Living Legends VIII
dak22 is playing at Living Legends IX
dak22 is playing at Living Legends X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post

Now - is Florida a hot spot? or just bad data points? Hopefully by early October we'll start to get a better read of the situation in Florida. We (General public) will have had a chance to see what happens at places like Disney World and Universal in Florida, helping us to form our decisions with additional data.
Florida is rated as one of the worst states at handling the COVID-19 crisis. No additional data is needed on what many predicted would happen months ago given Florida's response.

IMO if world cup has to happen in limited form, then trying to secure a place outside Florida should be the main priority right now.
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:53 AM #59
PBSales

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak22 View Post
Florida is rated as one of the worst states at handling the COVID-19 crisis. No additional data is needed on what many predicted would happen months ago given Florida's response.

IMO if world cup has to happen in limited form, then trying to secure a place outside Florida should be the main priority right now.
Florida has over 19 million people. Florida has around 5000 deaths. Stop watching the 'Always Wrong All The Time News' Things aren't as bad as they want you to think.
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:02 AM #60
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
Florida has over 19 million people. Florida has around 5000 deaths. Stop watching the 'Always Wrong All The Time News' Things aren't as bad as they want you to think.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:23 AM #61
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Quote:
https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:38 AM #62
dubv187
Inglewood

dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
hey look, this guy is back...
Old 07-23-2020, 09:00 AM #63
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubv187 View Post
hey look, this guy is back...
Scientist Mr. PBSales

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.