Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
 is playing at Living Legends XI
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
dreadmuppet is Legendary
dreadmuppet supports Ninja Paintball
They decided to increase the page count by 15% right before COVID started effecting the US, and that was before they decided to add and start developing the lost rolls which definitely did get effected by outside vendor shut downs.

I also have to imagine creating something this visual slows down remotely opposed to being able to work together side by side.

And this is a Kickstarter by someone who (as far as I know) has never done a Kickstarter, nor a book. Just the nature of the game.

Instagram * NHW Paintball * Facebook

"Originally posted by Joshisanalligator: buddy, we're on the internet. just be thankful there's a central topic to this argument"

eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2020, 05:10 PM #191
Jonathan UK Refs

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan UK Refs View Post
Why not publish two volumes?

One which meets the original release date, and one in the fall?

You'd fit more in two volumes.
In retrospect, this idea doesn't seem so dumb.

That way, we'd have the first volume before Covid hit, and the second volume delayed by Covid.

At least we'd have 50% of something instead of 100% of nothing.
Jonathan UK Refs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:27 AM #192
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is Legendary
Quote:

That way, we'd have the first volume before Covid hit, and the second volume delayed by Covid.

To the time machine!

"Originally posted by Joshisanalligator: buddy, we're on the internet. just be thankful there's a central topic to this argument"

eBay FEEDBACK
Old 11-04-2020, 12:27 PM #193
p8ntballa2k

p8ntballa2k is a founding member
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:

That would be a pretty dramatic cost increase to produce and ship.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:42 PM #194
Jonathan UK Refs

This is an extract from John's update of October 15:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Full update:

The full book will be completed and to the printer by the end of the month. As soon as the printer gives us their final production calendar we'll let everyone know the exact shipping dates.
But if you read the Kickstarter update from January 2020:-

"Given that, we've made the hard decision to delay the release of the book until the fall of 2020.

We plan to wrap production and send the book to the printer by June. It will likely take two to three months for the printer to produce and deliver all the books to us, at which point they'll be packaged up and shipped to backers by October 31 at the very latest."

So..... if production is wrapped now - and the book has been sent to the printers - production & delivery will take 2 to 3 months, then the books need to be packaged up and shipped to backers.

So that means the books should be shipped to backers at some point between January 2020 and March 2020.

That's another 3-5 months added to the October 2020 ship date, providing the printer is open for business and doesn't experience any delays.....
Jonathan UK Refs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 02:14 PM #195
yeahthatsme
Do Work Son

Annual Supporting Member
yeahthatsme supports Team VICIOUS
yeahthatsme plays in the APPA beginner division
yeahthatsme supports Ninja Paintball
It's gonna be a while still. It sucks if you weren't expecting this when the kickstarter began, but even without covid this was going to take a long time.

Broseidon, King of the Brocean
yeahthatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:13 PM #196
Cory688
Can't ban the snowman

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
I'm still so excited for this, and my snow camo mask. Also I forget most days that I even bought them so whenever they do come I will be amazed.

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:11 AM #197
gunz411

gunz411 is a Supporting Member
Still no update?
gunz411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:13 AM #198
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunz411 View Post
Still no update?
There was an update about a month ago that everything got sent to the printers.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:39 AM #199
gunz411

gunz411 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
There was an update about a month ago that everything got sent to the printers.
Sure, and it also mentioned that they would give us an update once the printers give them an ETA.

At the time of drop off with the printer, itís 100% standard practice to have an estimated completion date. Itís been almost a month since the tentative drop off date and we still do not have an updated shipping date.
gunz411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:40 AM #200
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Still no update?
I mean, if you go back one page you will find the latest update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Full update:

We know it's been a while since the last update, but we've been heads down finishing up the book and are in the final stretch now. We'll keep this one brief.

We've edited down hundreds of pages across multiple drafts, and at this point all that's left is final copy edits, fact-checking and proofing -- as well as making sure every image is reproduced as perfectly as possible.

Thumbnail printouts being used for editing page elements and sequencing

Full-size test prints
A few familiar faces from the magazine days have joined in to get the project across the finish line. Sara Duckwall is helping with proofing, and Aaron Moore is using his encyclopedic memory of the early NPPL for fact-checking. Matt Marshall popped in and wrote a new forward for the book as well.

The full book will be completed and to the printer by the end of the month. As soon as the printer gives us their final production calendar we'll let everyone know the exact shipping dates.

We're a bit behind schedule, but the end is in sight.

This has been a strange year to try and complete a project like this. Of all the challenges we anticipated, we couldn't have imagined anything like COVID-19. I know we're not alone in having had to deal with health issues, lost work, extra work and everything else that's come up as a result. It's also meant having to do 100% of the work on the book remote for safety reasons, which is a far cry from when we all lived and worked together in the same apartment, 20 years ago.

We really appreciate everyone's patience though, as well as all the support we've received. It's been a long journey (longer than any of us expected), but we're incredibly eager and excited to get F8MOUS into your hands.

óChristopher Hass, Chris Dilts, Dan Mouradian, Dan Napoli and the rest of the F8MOUS team

P.S. We know a few of you have moved since you first placed orders, and we've been updating addresses as requests come in. If you would like us to ship your book to a different address, just email us at [email protected] and we'll make the change for you.

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:42 AM #201
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Sure, and it also mentioned that they would give us an update once the printers give them an ETA.

At the time of drop off with the printer, itís 100% standard practice to have an estimated completion date. Itís been almost a month since the tentative drop off date and we still do not have an updated shipping date.
Im thinking its going to be lucky if we actually get this, and if not just chalk it up as a loss. They have missed every single date, then not given any reason or reassurance why.

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:52 AM #202
PBSales

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Im thinking its going to be lucky if we actually get this, and if not just chalk it up as a loss. They have missed every single date, then not given any reason or reassurance why.
Paintballers really need to stop with this preorder nonsense. I have seen it time and time again. These companies will be on here all the time trying to sell their products but once they get your money they won't even put out the effort or the slightest courtesy of keeping you informed. Looking at you JT. How long would it take to post a weekly/bi-weekly update. 3 minutes? I did a preorder once. It Sucked. Never again.
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:55 AM #203
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I'm still optimistic that we'll see it this winter but like all things P8nt I don't ever expect to get anything on time. I'm hoping I'll be able to see sometime around my birthday at the end of February.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:36 PM #204
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends X
kebone posts videos on PbNation
I do plan on doing a youtube review of this book, when I get it, and I won't mince words with my dissatisfaction about how they handled all these delays.

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 05:12 PM #205
NightCrawlerBRC

NightCrawlerBRC owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
I dunno about everyone else, but I don't have a problem with being patient. I suppose you can call me naÔve, but I've read each of the email updates and it seems like there's been some decent progress. I have no doubt that they're dealing with all sorts of issues right now. No rush... I'd much rather have a stunning product than an incomplete rushed mess.

They have a good group of guys and I'm super excited to see what they can deliver!
NightCrawlerBRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:01 AM #206
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is Legendary
Quote:

I have been in purchasing/supply chain for over a decade. Your 100% is off, by at least 50% when talking about custom products. And with COVID-19, 95% off.

And that is just with the production side. With shipping? Forget about it. Small package 1-day points are taking an average of 4-days, USPS can take a month to cross the country, and guaranteed 1 or 2 day services are in no way guaranteed right now. That is before we even talk about freight...

We have Kickstarted a book by a company that has never made a Kickstarter or a book (to my knowledge) during a global pandemic, better panic!

eBay FEEDBACK
Old 11-25-2020, 11:07 AM #207
Angel_Owner_188200
Mod Wanna Be...Gun Tech

Angel_Owner_188200 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Angel_Owner_188200 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Angel_Owner_188200 is Legendary
Angel_Owner_188200 is Boss
We are going on 16months since this post started - i was soooooo happy to get this for my 40th birthday last year, now im hoping that i get it by my 41st or hell xmas would be even nicer, but i guess we are just hoping we didnt get screwed. I forget about it most days unless there is a post in here...lol
Angel_Owner_188200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:12 PM #208
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadmuppet View Post

And that is just with the production side. With shipping? Forget about it. Small package 1-day points are taking an average of 4-days, USPS can take a month to cross the country, and guaranteed 1 or 2 day services are in no way guaranteed right now. That is before we even talk about freight...
yeah that was the case in the spring and early summer, now all my mail has gone back to regular time frames, had a package ship to canada in 5 days, priority is 2 days like normal, and amazon 1-day delivery is back.

They've run out of excuses at this point and are trying to buy time by saying they are adding more content.

i hope for everyone that the book does come out, but its not looking good about it being anytime soon tbh.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:41 PM #209
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
yeah that was the case in the spring and early summer, now all my mail has gone back to regular time frames, had a package ship to canada in 5 days, priority is 2 days like normal, and amazon 1-day delivery is back.

They've run out of excuses at this point and are trying to buy time by saying they are adding more content.

i hope for everyone that the book does come out, but its not looking good about it being anytime soon tbh.
Supply Chain issues aren't a thing of the past, we're still seeing more layoff days than usual at work due to parts shortages. We also don't know who they picked to print the books, they could be seeing work restrictions due to covid or materials shortages. We also don't know what the lead time to print the books, warehouse and ship them is. At this point we don't know much of anything other than they gave us an update about a month back and they've been averaging an update every 2-3 months. That doesn't mean much other than they claim to be close. Like I said a few posts back I'm optimistic we'll see something this winter but if we've learned anything over the past 9 months is nothing is moving along like it would normally.

Last edited by Legacy : 11-25-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:18 PM #210
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
To anyone who's ordered a package, and given up on these, feel free to pm me details. I'm looking to buy one pre-order off of someone and would prefer one with some of the extras that were available.
skinnyfatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.