PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-01-2020, 12:49 PM #2500
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
I like this stuff: https://atomicfilament.com/?gclid=Cj...caAkWUEALw_wcB

Trigger should be ok in PLA (better in ABS, but don't do it yet) and the body will probably be fine in PETG.

DYE
ironyusa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2020, 02:03 PM #2501
Mr. Charlie

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallinher0 View Post
Is DD the guy we joke about?

Richard Jones - I only see positive stuff on that guy and wouldn't hesitate to send the marker to him. Should be MUCH cheaper than Dye...

From a past dealing with Dye (WAY back), they charged a dollar per o-ring, new macroline, new 9v battery and their labor rate was a tad high. Prepare to spend at least $100 if sending to Dye.
Since Billy Wing is making videos he probably has some time to fix your Marker.

I know he doesn’t usually like to work on older stuff but if you ask nicely and offer some reimbursement then that would probably help out.

I’d definitely trust him with any Dye Marker and was close to sending him my NT11 when I had it - right before he replied to my message I figured it out lol.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:17 PM #2502
romanlynch

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I don't get a very good feeling from David Durkin. He's full of **** and can't construct a reasonable sentence, so forgive me if I don't trust his diagnostic skills. I'd recommend sending it to Richard Jones - good guy, smart guy, and I don't have the desire to do it myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
I saw Billy wing is doing a bunch of tech videos working on customer guns. You might be better off just sending it to DYE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallinher0 View Post
Richard Jones - I only see positive stuff on that guy and wouldn't hesitate to send the marker to him. Should be MUCH cheaper than Dye...

Guess that settles it then. Is there any contact info for Richard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
Yeah, I plan on doing a bunch of calibration prints first to get familiar with printer and all of the settings before I try and print anything I come up with.

CHEP has some great setup info on his channel and some good info on CURA if that's the slicer you end up using.
romanlynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:20 PM #2503
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
If you have Facebook, just message him on there.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:52 PM #2504
Fallinher0
Taking Power Tokens

Fallinher0 donated to help Peyton Trent
Charlie - it’s definitely not cost effective to send that thing to dye and what you are saying sounds like he would have to pay even MORE lol
MacDev Clone 5s - Bob Long Rage Alias - Planet Eclipse EMEK - Dye "Ultra-light" DM4 - 06 Dynasty Shocker
Fallinher0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:24 PM #2505
Mr. Charlie

^My bad I thought it was you.

Nah, I’d try PMing Billy Wing in here or FaceSpy...

His quote for my NT11 was very reasonable.

Also, I would have sent it directly to him, not Dye.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:52 PM #2506
Fallinher0
Taking Power Tokens

Okay that’s something totally different then if not going through Dye lol
MacDev Clone 5s - Bob Long Rage Alias - Planet Eclipse EMEK - Dye "Ultra-light" DM4 - 06 Dynasty Shocker
Old 05-04-2020, 10:17 AM #2507
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
https://youtu.be/_jmwmXwCILY

Enjoyable listen.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:06 AM #2508
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

Boring.

DYE
Old 05-18-2020, 06:25 PM #2509
Fallinher0
Taking Power Tokens

Fields are mostly open here. How about you guys?
Old 05-19-2020, 05:21 AM #2510
Mr. Charlie

Yeah, but I didn’t get to play Sunday.

I went to go pick up 3 Kittens lol.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:51 AM #2511
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
I think most fields are open. I haven't got a chance to go play though.

So I had to buy a second 3d printer. I guess the site I ordered mine from isn't really from creality?? Idk, it's really weird. The site looks legit, bit when I go to their FB page they link to it's just people saying they have been waiting for over a month after the promised delivery date without any product or response. Then, people that do try and cancel their order get a BS tracking number that either doesn't work or the product doesn't go anywhere for weeks just so the CC won't refund the money. So far I haven't seen any reports of people not getting their printer, but every person seems to get it months after the advertised delivery date. I bought the same printer on Amazon, and the order is fulfilled by Amazon so that makes me a lot more comfortable.

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:35 AM #2512
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

That has actually been one of the struggles with that industry for a while. There are a lot of fly by night places that seem to pop-up, ruin the experience for people new to printing and then vanish.

DYE
Old 05-19-2020, 11:06 AM #2513
Intern1

Intern1 is Legendary
The first one I ordered should be here Friday, but since I haven't received any tracking information and doing research about the company I'm pretty doubtful I will get it anytime soon. The one I ordered from Amazon should be here on Sunday. If the original one actually shows up, then it shouldn't be that hard to return the one I got from Amazon. If the original one doesn't who up then I just cancel it.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:20 AM #2514
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

You get your printer(s)?

I just had my back yard leveled and a huge retaining wall put in, now I'm getting a sprinkler system and a dry creek to keep the water out. Then I can build a shed... wife gives a budget so I build it myself to maximize the size (and buy new tools). I am going to build a dividing wall for my lawn equipment on one side and a workshop thing with my CNC router, laser engraver and 3D printers on the other side. I know I'll be building a big pergola too, which won't be any fun. I really should have taken the summer semester off from school... this class is destroying me.

DYE
Old 05-23-2020, 11:42 AM #2515
romanlynch

Wow, sounds like a lot on your plate. At least you get your work space. My wife has finally accepted the fact she's a hoarder so I've been spending all this time off work trying to get the house in order and stuff sold.
romanlynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:55 AM #2516
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

My wife and I are borderline minimalists. I do TONS of remodeling and home projects, so I do have a ton of tools. Most of my tools are used in heavy rotation, but they do keep the garage cluttered. On more than one occasion, I've considered doing remodeling for a living.

DYE
Old 05-25-2020, 07:26 AM #2517
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
My wife and I are borderline minimalists. I do TONS of remodeling and home projects, so I do have a ton of tools. Most of my tools are used in heavy rotation, but they do keep the garage cluttered. On more than one occasion, I've considered doing remodeling for a living.
As somebody who spends 60+ hours a week building and remodeling, every time i hear someone say this all i can think of is that little fat kid on billy madison, “gee billy, i cant wait till i get to high school”. Unless you pray for death daily and or curse your birth, idc if your a tech, intern, or a street mime,

J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:44 AM #2518
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

I have done enough remodeling to understand the struggles and concerns... the difference is that there is a unique enjoyment I get from taking something old/ gross and transforming it into something people like. Funny, my wife asked me to frame some of our windows, so I re-cased them in a farm house style and now I've had several people ask me to case their windows. I tiled our main living areas (~1,400 sq ft), added a wall in the bathroom, moved a lot of electrical stuff around, etc. My brother-in-law actually has a remodeling company that does this stuff and it was my high school job. I've made a lot of money buying houses, remodeling them and then selling. I think I could make enough money with 3-4 houses a year and then selling them to myself (rental business) that I could earn a little more than I make currently. Different headaches, but ones that are more enjoyable.

DYE
Old 05-25-2020, 01:57 PM #2519
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Not gunna lie, the sense of accomplishment and look on customer faces is why i wake up, so i hear you.
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:15 PM #2520
Intern1

Intern1 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
You get your printer(s)?

I just had my back yard leveled and a huge retaining wall put in, now I'm getting a sprinkler system and a dry creek to keep the water out. Then I can build a shed... wife gives a budget so I build it myself to maximize the size (and buy new tools). I am going to build a dividing wall for my lawn equipment on one side and a workshop thing with my CNC router, laser engraver and 3D printers on the other side. I know I'll be building a big pergola too, which won't be any fun. I really should have taken the summer semester off from school... this class is destroying me.
Yep, came in this afternoon

The cube was my first print. It came out great, and I had no issues. I just downloaded the file and printed it. The boat took three attempts. At the moment I'm printing on a bare glass heated bed. The first two boats broke free about a quarter of the way through the print. I added a raft base the third time and it printed without an issue. The cube I downloaded had the raft by default, but the boat didn't. I read that I can use a glue stick or hairspray on the bed if I keep having issues, so I'll have to keep an eye on things.

Right now there is no way to adjust the Z axis manually, so I downloaded some adjustment knobs that I will print out tomorrow. Plus the cool green filament I got will look cool with the black frame lol.

Last edited by Intern1 : 05-25-2020 at 08:19 PM.