PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2020, 01:12 PM #1912
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
J.J, how do you feel about support? If you need a part or your marker sent in to be fixed, how do you like that whole thing to work? Are you going to be super dependent on just that one marker alone? Are you committing to a whole season of play, like a tournament series? And I feel you on having a hard time making a decision, you’re about to drop some serious cash and don’t want to have any regrets.

Since I bought my Primes from Gunfighter Sports I’m not worried about getting anything I need, they’ve got my back. Personally it’s one of the biggest things I look for when I consider buying a new marker, is support and how accessible it is. I could’ve easily gone Planet Eclipse since the owner/operator of a field near me became a certified tech. Or I could’ve kept using a Luxe since Seattle Thunder’s Corey Field is four hours south of me, and he’s always been clutch.

Message me if you decide to get a new Prime.
Full tourney season, stand-alone marker. And unfortunately I’m on the north east coast (pe territory) but never been a huge fan of how pe feels in my hands but if it shoots I can use it. My x felt good, love how all my blast markers feel, and being on the ne coast the chances of finding a prime to even hold are few and far. Been eyeing gunfighter for awhile tho not gunna lie. Maybe I’ll just pull the trigger

Last edited by J.J.Strom : 01-22-2020 at 02:35 PM.
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2020, 01:37 PM #1913
tyronejk
titular

tyronejk plays in the MiLP
tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA D4 division
tyronejk supports Ninja Paintball
Your gun started breaking paint a while after it had last touched the bunker. I don't think bunker rub caused that. The bunker rub probably didn't help clear the barrel after the breaks started, though. If you have another barrel, you could try overboring.

PS I played at Nitro too, back in the day. I still sometimes do, the few times I do play paintball.

Edit: are you sure they're breaking in the barrel and not the breech?
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:50 PM #1914
ApexEight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
Your gun started breaking paint a while after it had last touched the bunker. I don't think bunker rub caused that. The bunker rub probably didn't help clear the barrel after the breaks started, though. If you have another barrel, you could try overboring.

PS I played at Nitro too, back in the day. I still sometimes do, the few times I do play paintball.

Edit: are you sure they're breaking in the barrel and not the breech?
I think the bunker rub took some time to sink into the bore and the vibration of the gun helped it do that. Unfortunately this was with my largest bore, a .688. Are you in the FB page? Feel free to add me, Anthony Lee. And yeah, I'm like 99% sure they were barrel breaks. Bolt and breach were relatively clean of paint.
ApexEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:02 PM #1915
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I would put my money on the bore size as well. The barrel tip is very large and should have only a relatively minor impact on the ball during travel. With the addition of those trenches, you would have to have a pretty large build up in there to do anything and even then I would think it would be more likely to cause zinger shots if anything. Not that I am a big defender of this tip or anything.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:52 AM #1916
Mr. Charlie

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
If you are actually shooting and not just posted up stuffing “bunker rub” down your Barrel then there isn’t any way for it to get into the Barrel.

Even if a tiny amount made it into the Porting, every shot you take clears it out...

Bunker rub didn’t cause your breaks, I’ve never ever had or seen it cause breaks...

Stock DSR Barrel doesn’t even have that much Porting that could let paint in. Even if you were using the UL-S...
Old 01-26-2020, 04:19 PM #1917
Mr. Charlie

‘‘Twas a little bit chilly this morning so I used my M3s+ which shot perfectly all day.

After coming back and cleaning it up and relubing it I took it and the M2 outside.

The M2 was using the stock Bolt and LP modded Top Hat and Manifold. Settings:

Dwell: 18, ABS: 5 @ 30, LPR: 45 psi, HPR: 145 psi

Now, I didn’t have a lot of paint leftover so I couldn’t really Ramp both of them but it definitely seems like my M2 might be smoother than my M3s+.

I still prefer the shot of the M3s+ over the M2 tuned for smoothness. The M2 seemed kinda sluggish and of course the M3s+ has the crispy shot but still practically no recoil.

I need to shot my M2 some more lol...

And I need another LP tank so I can compare the M2, DSR+ and M3s + all at the same time lol!
Old 01-26-2020, 07:13 PM #1918
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever

Blackrain7557 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
I played today and had the opportunity to shoot a buddy's CS2 since I'd gotten the itch to get one.

I've finally understood what people mean when they talk about how responsive a marker is. Compared to my Luxe Ice it was super responsive. The trigger setup on it was phenomenal but it definitely seemed to get paint going faster in comparison to my Ice.

I hate to say it but the CS2 probably even pointed better for me than the Ice, and I love how my Ice feels in the hands.

Of course now I have to decide between trading my ice for a CS2 or a Gtek 170r (sponsorship deal) and keeping the Ice.
Blackrain7557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:37 AM #1919
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
J.J., kind of sounds like the Force makes the most sense for you.

Prime XTS Update
Second week with the Prime XTS but this time with the dust black. Again, lowered the Dwell to 10, but after that it was all factory. This week Iíll tear down each drive and give it some proper looking after, and Iíll wrench on some critical bolts to make sure nothing vibrates/shakes loose, PLUS toss the factory 9V batteries. Had one barrel break but the whole day was smooth sailing. Paint used was GI SPORTZ Field and actually shot pretty good all day but I canít wait to put some premium stuff through her, see what sheís really capable of.

Burned out the session with some one v ones and did really well. Iím starting to dial in my shot and the trigger and the gun seems instantly responsive to each trigger pull- props to a good board and the solenoid/drive combo. Loving the gun so far, itís good enough to stave off the temptation to wander off with the Luxe X, CS2, or M3+. I do have some small things Iíd like to point out to Imped and maybe even Macdevís Bourke and hopefully see the next Prime incorporate my suggestions. Already looking forward to next Sundayís session before the Super Bowl.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
-Powerhouse Competition Regulators
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-M3+, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, and Dye LT-r Loader. [ speedball ]
-CC AMP, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye LT-r Loader. [ woodsball]
2022 Speedball Team contract killer ( free agent )
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:15 AM #1920
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Came to same conclusion 🤣
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:41 AM #1921
MagsRgod

Annual Supporting Member
MagsRgod owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Finally got the Encore engine for the Ice. It's really nice so far, seems quieter with a little more of a whoosh, and the shot feels great. I installed the bolt, bumped the dwell to 18 and I didn't even need to adjust the velocity, it was shooting 290's with the encore.

Tank was low on air so I got to shoot 50 balls or so. I will put some more backyard paint through it over the next few weeks. Has any one run it in the cold yet? I'm hoping it keeps the same cold weather performance as the stock ICE engine.
MagsRgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:46 AM #1922
i need a intimidator
R.I.P Jacob Espindola

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagsRgod View Post
Finally got the Encore engine for the Ice. It's really nice so far, seems quieter with a little more of a whoosh, and the shot feels great. I installed the bolt, bumped the dwell to 18 and I didn't even need to adjust the velocity, it was shooting 290's with the encore.

Tank was low on air so I got to shoot 50 balls or so. I will put some more backyard paint through it over the next few weeks. Has any one run it in the cold yet? I'm hoping it keeps the same cold weather performance as the stock ICE engine.
Keep us posted about the encore for the Ice. Iíve been on the Fence about getting one. I wanted to hear some thoughts on them first!

-TRUST-
Italian Pride
In Loving Memory of Jacob Espindola
i need a intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:59 AM #1923
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
I felt like the Encore had some “pop” to it but still had that nice signature Luxe shot. When I used mine it was when it was cold and humid and had zero problems.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
Old 01-30-2020, 03:25 AM #1924
Mr. Charlie

The Encore should be less “poppy” than an Ice, depending upon how you have it set up...
Old 01-30-2020, 04:32 AM #1925
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
The Encore should be less ďpoppyĒ than an Ice, depending upon how you have it set up...
You wouldnít think so right? My guess is that itís like that to overcome bolt stick, fsdo, etc. Smoothness between the Ice core and Encore is so close that itís really hard to tell which one has the edge... but the Encore did seem a little bit quieter. I think the main draw to the Encore now is itís reliability factor and ease of maintenance. Itís neat but I like the X better overall, just saying.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
Old 01-30-2020, 06:51 AM #1926
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
The Encore should be less ďpoppyĒ than an Ice, depending upon how you have it set up...
There's nothing in the Encore design that screams "less poppy" vs the ICE design. They're similar enough that the shot signature should also be very similar. Springs or no springs will not have much of an effect there. The difference will be negligible *when playing.*

The *only* reason to run an Encore in an ICE that makes any sense to me is if you just hate springs. Otherwise, the swap really doesn't make much sense, especially at the cost of 2-3 cases of paint.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:24 PM #1927
Mr. Charlie

The Valve (Bolt Guide) moving forward in the Ice makes for a poppier shot, we went over this while discussing the Clone vs M3.

Would you like to change your position?

How would the Encore be poppier than the Ice unless someone is running it on a lower Dwell?

The Encore is supposed to be smoother and more adjustable...
Old 01-30-2020, 01:00 PM #1928
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
The Valve (Bolt Guide) moving forward in the Ice makes for a poppier shot, we went over this while discussing the Clone vs M3.

Would you like to change your position?

How would the Encore be poppier than the Ice unless someone is running it on a lower Dwell?

The Encore is supposed to be smoother and more adjustable...
The fact that the valve shifts forward doesn't = poppy shot. The IV Core does the same thing and isn't poppy. The Clone 5 does the same thing and *is* actually poppy (I don't consider the ICE poppy at all). M3, DSR, etc.... There's no real correlation between "poppiness" with the shifting-valve markers.

The "poppy" sound comes from the flow dynamics (turbulance, smooth or torturous flow path) and how quickly that valve shuts.

I don't know why the Encore would be poppier than the ICE system, but being under-dwelled could result in that outcome. I don't know...perhaps Noa just perceives it differently.

When I shoot my ICE, it feels smooth as hell to me. When I shoot my Vanquish with V16 (the best representative for the Encore), it feels smooth as hell to me. I can apply what I know into how it should *theoretically* shoot, but as you know that doesn't always cover all bases. You should get an ICE and compare them yourself if it's that important.

And, as I always say - the difference in shot quality between one smooth spool and another smooth spool doesn't matter one single bit. The difference is in parts reduction (springs), not shot quality.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:37 PM #1929
saunders182

saunders182 supports Team VICIOUS
saunders182 supports Ninja Paintball
Long time lurker. Curious those as to what loaders you guys run?
saunders182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:12 PM #1930
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders182 View Post
Long time lurker. Curious those as to what loaders you guys run?
I run a Spire III or an R2 depending on my needs. I find the R2 to be a little quicker/responsive in semi, but also slightly pickier at feeding crappy paint (a little more prone to jamming). The Spire III just pretty much works all the time and is also a bit easier to take down and clean.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:57 PM #1931
Mr. Charlie

Imped: to YOU it doesn’t matter...

Anyways, I use a TFX 2 most of the time and a LTR sometimes. I’ve never had either Jam on me or have problems that were not my fault.

Jams with Force-fed Loaders like these is usually due to too much (rarely not enough) Tension. Both TFXs and all Rotors have adjustable ball-stack Teansion.

I prefer force-feeding Loaders instead of the Spires...
Old 01-30-2020, 11:03 PM #1932
i need a intimidator
R.I.P Jacob Espindola

I do love my Spires. 7+ years using them and they are great. Never a jam, not once. Virtue Also has very good customer service too.

I did recently start using an HK speed loader and really love it. The profile is great And it feeds very fast. For $80 it’s a great buy. If I had to complain, I’m spoiled by the Virtue Crown SF’s. They are simply the best. The HK speed feeds are ok, better then dye’s but not near the same as the Virtue. Also if they made the shell out of a better plastic like the same as a Spire it would probably take the cake as my fav loader to date.

-TRUST-
Italian Pride
In Loving Memory of Jacob Espindola
i need a intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote