Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2020, 05:38 PM #295
kalibur

I think it was 1988, my best friend at the time asked me to play some indoor paintball with him using Tracers. We got hooked and he eventually asked me to join a 5 man team that he and some other guys were forming and I got myself an auto cocker to be able to compete. Unfortunately i ended up moving a few years later and he continued to play. I think some of you might know him, Billy Ceranski. Our 5 man team was called Kwikk Maxx, I did play in a few tournaments with them and we would practice against some of the guys from the Iron men, Tour de Force and the old Black Sunday guys. Those were some fun times.
kalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2020, 09:44 AM #296
uknowdakine

First gun I had was a Thunder pig, then F1 Illustrator, then AutoMag.
uknowdakine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 10:29 AM #297
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalibur View Post
I think it was 1988, my best friend at the time asked me to play some indoor paintball with him using Tracers. We got hooked and he eventually asked me to join a 5 man team that he and some other guys were forming and I got myself an auto cocker to be able to compete. Unfortunately i ended up moving a few years later and he continued to play. I think some of you might know him, Billy Ceranski. Our 5 man team was called Kwikk Maxx, I did play in a few tournaments with them and we would practice against some of the guys from the Iron men, Tour de Force and the old Black Sunday guys. Those were some fun times.
Haha, that's pretty cool. Billy was pretty good at this game.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:04 PM #298
Calculon The Great

has been a member for 10 years
Calculon The Great owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Calculon The Great supports Ninja Paintball
My first game was in 1990 whilst visiting friends in Ontario. They had a bunch of those old school metal Brass Eagle pump guns. We used ski googles (I know... I know...) and had a handful of paintballs each.

Fast forward to 1992 when I played a few games as a rental. We used Tippmann SL-68 IIs. Got hooked and wanted a VM-68 because they looked kewl. The field owner actually discouraged me from buying that (can't remember what his argument was) and got instead a Tippmann Pro-Am. The field owner didn't believe in chronies (I kid you not... well, he's been out of business for about 20 years now) so I never knew at which velocity I was shooting at.

Then I started spending a pretty penny for whatever was considered a high end at the time. My first one was a B&M Mini-cocker, then an Automag with the SP Magic box (the only 'magical' thing about it was to empty my wallet even faster). Then on to the Angel, the Shoebox Shocker, etc. Took a break from 2002 to 2007, then came back and stuck strictly to recballing and thus I got a Tippmann X-7. After one game, got back into electros. Since then, I had a whole bunch of PE guns (Ego 11, Geo 3/3.1/3.5, etc.).

Now, I kind of went back full circle as I use my Emek as my main marker, often only with the PAL loader as sort of an handicap.

Last edited by Calculon The Great : 09-08-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Calculon The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:59 PM #299
Mechgyver
No batteries.

I began playing in 1995 with rental equipment. I then purchased a Brass Eagle Raptor. I was quick to order all the Smart Parts goodies I could for it.
Mechgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:10 PM #300
shwingblade

first one i ever owned was the good ol talon ghost. cant remember how many times i shot my dads barn with that thing
shwingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:58 PM #301
Generalcuz

has been a member for 10 years
Started with a short-barrel Stingray. That thing was a workhorse and it took a never ending beating. When I moved onto a Tippmann Carbine and later a Mini Mag, the Stingray was always around for friends to use. I think I eventually sold it, but for all I know it could be sitting out in the back of my neighbor's old and over grown field. Wonderful memories I will cherish forever. I can still hear that "ping" sound it would make, especially when shooting Marballizer paint.
Generalcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:49 AM #302
old time PB player
Old time PB player

A Nelspot 007 , then the FIRST PGPs made, that were bolt action, no pump yet. It was 1982 or 83. It had just come out and was way better then the Nelspot 007 .

They had the bolt in the rear which was knurled on the end so you could grab it, twist it and reload.

After that a Brass Eagle Ninja, followed by one of Bud Orrs first Commando prototypes.

Last edited by old time PB player : 07-22-2021 at 08:52 AM.
old time PB player is offline   Reply With Quote