Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-05-2021, 08:31 PM #1
Sthmstr

SRT/E Force sear issue:

Hello all. I’ve decided to get back into paintball after a 19 year leave. Picked up a SRT/eforce and I’ve determined that perhaps the solenoid doesn’t have enough strength to overcome the hammer. As far as I can tell the plunger travels far enough but under the load of a cocked bolt or pressure simulated by my fingers it will not actuate.

Is there a way to repair the solenoid or does anyone know of a source for replacement? Or is the GTI solenoid interchangeable?

Thanks!

Last edited by Sthmstr : 01-05-2021 at 08:44 PM.
Sthmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2021, 12:03 AM #2
Sthmstr

Well still no luck on getting the eforce working, but I got a mechanical to use for the time being.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:34 PM #3
Sthmstr

I've got 2 more mechanical grips on the way and just picked up an evo. Evo grip works like a champ and I've got 2 more srt, or similar bodies I'm restricting. Sure would like to get the eforce going on one of them, but cannot seem to find a resource for solenoids or other.

I see scenario dreams has or had an upgrade/replacement. Can anyone confirm if this is current or discontinued?
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM #4
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

has been a member for 10 years
kebone is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
kebone posts videos on PbNation
did you try a 9.6v battery in the frame? It could have enough juice to get it cycling reliably.

Otherwise these frames are about 15 years old and the large black capacitor in them goes bad eventually, doesn't let enough power get to the noid. I've never done a replacement job but I know it's been done before.

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:47 AM #5
Sthmstr

Thanks so much for the response!

I've checked voltage on my battery and it's holding 9.54v. Put battery in my newly acquired evo and seems to work fine. I'd imagine you're probably right about the capacitor. I sent an email to e-paintball about the scenario dreams kit they offer. Hope to hear back. I don't know if I feel froggy enough to leap on replacing the capacitor myself but after I get these next 2 markers up and running I may try.