PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2018, 04:22 PM #1
Redbeard1911

Redbeard1911 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Redbeard1911 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Top 5 masks for big heads (No local stores nearby)

Hey guys. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but unfortunately I don't have a paintball store that I can get to easily. I've been doing as much research as possible both with the forums on here and youtube videos. I'm torn between a few masks in particular. The Vforce Grill and Profiler, Virtue Vio Extend and the Empire E Flex. I'm looking for the best coverage more than looks. Breathability would be nice as well.

Thanks in advance!
Redbeard1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2018, 07:37 PM #2
Vincent_Diesel

I have a big head. Been through this excersize myself recently, and have tried on many masks. Top 5 in order of Large to smaller. Currently own the Extend and the Ascend due to comfort and field of view.

1. Virtue Vio Extend
2. JT Proflex
3. VForce Profiler
4. VForce Grill
5. Virtue Vio Ascend

Vio Ascend although smaller than the others, exposes a bit of my jawline. Extend most definitely has full coverage for big heads.
Vincent_Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:16 PM #3
RateLimit
Rec, Woods, Scenario, Pew

RateLimit is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
RateLimit owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
RateLimit has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RateLimit has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
RateLimit supports Ninja Paintball
Out of all the masks, the VIO Extend was the only thing to fit my big mellon. It breathes good but I cut out a little of the bottom slats with an x-acto and made it a little better. I also made a few extra small holes in the ear pieces too. I've tried them all and this one was the best for me.

Come to Battlefield Orland or Hog Wild Paintball!!!
Old 12-11-2018, 03:24 PM #4
Redbeard1911

I really like the Vio Extend but they are really hard to find in decent condition. I've been able to try on the Grills and the ear and jawline protection is awesome, but the front of my jaw is left exposed a little. Do the Profilers cover more jaw than the Grills?

Last edited by Redbeard1911 : 12-11-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:06 AM #5
Trumptone

has been a member for 10 years
Trumptone owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Trumptone owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Trumptone owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Anybody know why it is hard to find Extends?
Trumptone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:26 PM #6
Redbeard1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumptone View Post
Anybody know why it is hard to find Extends?
I'm guessing it's due to their recent push on the Ascends and them trying to get away from the Contour system.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:24 PM #7
diehli
Geniass

diehli owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
diehli owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
diehli plays in the APPA D5 division
diehli owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Of currently produced masks:

1. VIO Extend
2. ProFlex
3. eFlex

Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic.

For sale:
Z
diehli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:26 AM #8
pyrothug434

has been a member for 10 years
pyrothug434 plays in the PSP
Bumping this thread for more opinions
Old 03-21-2019, 05:52 PM #9
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
1 extend
2 flex
3 profiler

thats it, everything else is smaller, the cmd is just a hair bigger than the asscend and neither cover my side jaw at all.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:21 PM #10
Meducer

What are the best masks for glasses, whatever dye mask I have from 2006-2008 era sucks for wearing glasses, theres like one magic way to put them on comfortably with glasses, but it's pure luck. like 1 out of 5 times I'll get that mask on and its comfy with the glasses, so I've been saying f the glasses lately but would benefit from being able to see better lmao. Are i5 a good option? Or profiler maybe?

Last edited by Meducer : 03-21-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Meducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:52 AM #11
Deadpoolski
Deadpool with Axe

Deadpoolski owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Deadpoolski owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
Deadpoolski owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Deadpoolski owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meducer View Post
What are the best masks for glasses, whatever dye mask I have from 2006-2008 era sucks for wearing glasses, theres like one magic way to put them on comfortably with glasses, but it's pure luck. like 1 out of 5 times I'll get that mask on and its comfy with the glasses, so I've been saying f the glasses lately but would benefit from being able to see better lmao. Are i5 a good option? Or profiler maybe?
Ditch glasses and use contacts lens! I think it’s only solution!
On other hand - LASIK . I did it in 2011 and so far so good. Best $3000 spent!!!
De Luxe Empire Sniper
Deadpoolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:37 AM #12
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meducer View Post
A) As mentioned, contacts are really are the best option (ignoring LASIK), I have dailies specifically for paintball and wear glasses the rest of the week.

B) If contacts are really not an option, your glasses probably have more to do if they will fit in a mask than the other way around. I have glasses that will fit in any mask, and some that will NOT fit in any mask. Width of the frames will be the biggest problem.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:15 PM #13
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
This has gone from masks for big headed peole to contacts.

So this is a pretty neat gizmo for glasses people
https://youtu.be/RgN12i8VVmY