ReplyNews Ups

Old 05-31-2020, 11:25 AM #85
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
I get that you love certain barrels, Iíve been at this since 93 and you could still get rental slingshots. I have more gear than any single person ever needs. Iíve seen evolution of Pb from splatmasters to now. Just because some people decided to push the autococker agenda doesnít mean it was the wisest choice.
I mean the old Mag threads were quicker and more durable if we are going for this argument. I will be one to admit that I would buy more Luxes if they changed the threads. I am not a big fan of the freak system and it is always a bit of a hassle anytime I have made the switch. It's not the end of the world, but it is definitely a bullet point against their guns for me.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2020, 04:29 PM #86
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
I get that you love certain barrels, Iíve been at this since 93 and you could still get rental slingshots. I have more gear than any single person ever needs. Iíve seen evolution of Pb from splatmasters to now. Just because some people decided to push the autococker agenda doesnít mean it was the wisest choice.
Yeah this argument isn't based in superiority I think. An industry standard was set and for whatever reason DLX/GOG continues to insist on their own proprietary barrel. Everything on the marker uses this thread now, why are they still holding out?
Old 05-31-2020, 07:29 PM #87
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Everything on the marker uses this thread now, why are they still holding out?
Everything tournament ball yes, but thereís still tippmann and lots of other odd balls in the magfed world ohh and spyder.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:43 PM #88
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Cocker threads are OK for the masses, and DLX threading is far superior for those who want the ultimate in a paintball gun. That's from a fellow who was manning the DLX booth at an event a few years back. And that discussion is one of the reasons I can't bring myself to get anything SP/Ion/Impulse/GOG/DLX threaded.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:55 PM #89
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Lol!!!

They even use AutoCocker threads for the new Shockers.

Come on Virtue! Give us the ability to use better Barrels, please!
Old 05-31-2020, 09:25 PM #90
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Everything tournament ball yes, but there’s still tippmann and lots of other odd balls in the magfed world ohh and spyder.
All those barrel threads are stupid too.

90% of the industry standardized on cocker threads years ago. This is like the vhs vs beta debate, one might not be the superior one but it’s won the battle be the standard.

Last edited by Legacy : 06-01-2020 at 08:58 AM.
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:01 AM #91
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Impulse threads are the best barrel threads ever created. End of story.
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:00 AM #92
darth p
Hooah

darth p has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree that Impulse threads are technically better, but at this point with most manufacturers making AC quick threads it doesn’t matter. Most of the industry uses AC, they might as well use them now too. That’s a hard transition though, like if Apple were to change to USB-C.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:33 AM #93
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
Based on what though? Clearly the market and manufacturers would disagree because AC is still 80% of the market for everything that isn't a cheap blowback
Old 06-01-2020, 09:09 AM #94
cyberpyr8
Instagram:@evil_paintball

cyberpyr8 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
I think some field owners would disagree. I have heard several say they don't like the threading as much as Tippmann threading for durability on their rental fleets. However, as far as being a standard, I agree that Luxe needs to switch over. I was looking at getting a gun recently and the only thing that kept me from getting the Luxe was the barrel threading.

As far as the hopper tech, I heard the guy that started Pinochio say (before he sold the company) he had been working on a design for the hopper to integrate a decent camera in the front for around $300. And he mentioned having the capability to eventually add wifi streaming to it. That would change the sport. You could have player views on the field with live streaming back to the sidelines for broadcasts. Let's be real, most of us would like to have the ability to record us playing to watch back later in order to see what we did wrong or right while playing. I could care less about having my hopper talk to the gun about feeding at 10bps but if I could easily record myself playing, I'm in.

Obviously, there's probably going to be some issues with having a camera in the front of your hopper but it's better to me than having a camera on the top of my head. That's the type of tech I think we need to be developing. Something that the actual consumers (not just tournament players) would be interested in buying.
Gear: PunisherPB Shocker #6 | Silver Evil Pimp | 68/4500 Ninja Tank | HK Army TFX2 | Evil 3+4 Pod Pack
Clothing: Push Grey/Red Mask | Exalt Bounce Cap | Jerseys Clinic Jersey | CK Platinum Pants | Carbon SC Shirt
cyberpyr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:07 AM #95
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

^Built in Camera into a Loader would be sweet!

Also, built in Chronograph lol.

There is really so much that can be done that has the potential to make the game a lot better.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:14 AM #96
lawf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinct3r View Post
This. Literally the only people who care about tourny pb are the ones who play it aka dorky 16yo's and the few 30-40yo's who can't let go. 99% of everyone else can care less about it.
dude you made a throwaway account on a dead paintball forum to try to troll.

enough said.
lawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:37 AM #97
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyr8 View Post
As far as the hopper tech, I heard the guy that started Pinochio say (before he sold the company) he had been working on a design for the hopper to integrate a decent camera in the front for around $300. And he mentioned having the capability to eventually add wifi streaming to it. That would change the sport. You could have player views on the field with live streaming back to the sidelines for broadcasts. Let's be real, most of us would like to have the ability to record us playing to watch back later in order to see what we did wrong or right while playing. I could care less about having my hopper talk to the gun about feeding at 10bps but if I could easily record myself playing, I'm in.
I think there is actually a few early samples or maybe even limited production models of the Pinokio camera loader out there. It was a sweet idea. The audio sucks from in or on a loader because of the connection to the firing chamber.