Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2020, 03:57 AM #43
Vissa
 
 
Vissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
 has been a member for 10 years
Ohhh god, if there are any troubles with a normal feeding system.... nice gadget but totally unnecessary.
Vissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2020, 09:16 AM #44
Intern1
 
 
Intern1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gallifrey
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 is Legendary
Intern1 supports Ninja Paintball
I'm just not sure what problem this is solving. Do people really have a difficult time with their loader not keeping up? I don't remember the last time I had a chop and not a barrel break. Even then it seems like eye logic would help that more by making sure the ball is settled in the breach before firing. Either way, it's still cool to see something new and new milling.
__________________
Sharp as a tack, but in the sense that I'm not smart, just a prick.


Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:16 AM #45
Mr. Stealthy
 
 
Mr. Stealthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Yuma, AZ
 has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vissa View Post
Ohhh god, if there are any troubles with a normal feeding system.... nice gadget but totally unnecessary.
I mean if it is well executed it is the most efficient way of running a loader. You get the exact amount of activation you need. No more, no less.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:39 AM #46
Ford
☻♦♣b
 
Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Austin 49
Ford is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I like that virtue has had the guts and taken the time to develop this tech...

I’ll be curious to see if and how use cases evolve especially around coaching. It would also be nice to see some kind of framework opened to the community to hack out apps for the marker/ loader to communicate with.
__________________
"Originally posted by Bronk0
Everyone put something in your sig about it...

like PORN THREAD 10/24/04: I was there.
"
Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:49 AM #47
Ford
☻♦♣b
 
Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Austin 49
Ford is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Developing tech that already existed 10 years ago, and currently exists in the market in multiple forms isn't really "guts".
Perhaps I should have been more specific...

I suspect to get this working well they've had to find boards that contain BLE chips that can work in either peripheral or central modes depending on who's talking to what.

That in my mind (assuming that's how they do it) is no small feat and developing the boards/code to support it when you can rely on the status quo takes guts not just on a technical level but a business risk level as well. And they're still supporting Android/iOS apps? There are tons of things I'd rather be doing than mess with BLE support on Android devices.

To your point, if one of the key features to the system is the fact they've re-invented the loader/paintball sensing wheel... that's not super exciting to me either.

However, I think there are other interesting applications that could stem from this release. I'm going to hold judgement til at least the promo video comes out =P
__________________
"Originally posted by Bronk0
Everyone put something in your sig about it...

like PORN THREAD 10/24/04: I was there.
"
Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:58 AM #48
Paul77
Can't find my old account
 
Paul77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
ImDeveloping tech that already existed 10 years ago, and currently exists in the market in multiple forms isn't really "guts". Enoch has had wireless bluetooth going for quite a bit now, and syncing loaders to guns has been done multiple times in bother mechanical and electronic ways.


And to think, all of this is being done when they can just put eyes in the loader and call it a day.

See paint, dont feed. Dont see paint, feed.
That tech has come a long long way in 10 years. And eye logic ainít perfect yet either. This is literally the perfect thing for a loader and marker, if they can make it work right.

Hey Iím about to shoot so you should start pushing paint this way. Itís a relative relationship.
__________________
Powered by Powerhouse Regulators, DLX, Pro-Shar, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:08 PM #49
TheBroz
aka Harry Potter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Nottingham, England
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBroz owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
TheBroz owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
TheBroz owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Smarter loader logic can be built to improve anti jam abilities if the loader has an awareness of what the loader is doing and vice versa. This is potentially a lot cooler than old gun/loader links that were as simple as solenoid tripped now spin.

Sure, none of this is essential and 'we've been getting on fine without it' but christ, at the top end of any sport there's always equipment that has extra ability, necessary or not. Personally I think it's pretty cool to have some innovation and fancy gear coming out.
__________________
No, really
TheBroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:26 PM #50
Paul77
Can't find my old account
 
Paul77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Ok, so why do we have choices in car truck convertible micro-car suv cuv.....

Literally a 4 door truck does it all so everyone should have one right??

No need for cd, bt or WiFi. A radio makes sounds play. No need for airbags for added safety.

Why because we are evolving. Some of us see the point to this. I have everything from a splatmaster to a x on my wall (no stock class) and it’s go me curious.
__________________
Powered by Powerhouse Regulators, DLX, Pro-Shar, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me

Last edited by Paul77 : 05-27-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:38 PM #51
bnsd
 
 
Join Date: May 2020
dang, things are getting very techy! Its cool to see! But I dont think I would personally need all that wireless stuff. I rarely do anything with the bluetooth functions on my spire 3.
bnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:07 PM #52
PBSales
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Wait! It's not paint?
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:26 PM #53
cfos00
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
 has been a member for 10 years
The real difference between spire 3 and BK boards is when it tells the loader to stop loading. It might not make a difference if you have an electro, but I noticed a big difference when shooting a really fast blind mech. I have usually had to use rotors because of the feeding speed difference and the spire III not keeping up with my cockers (I make R/T cockers, and they are generally set around 12 BPS. That's an immediate and consistent 12, not spikes). They can punish the paint if it's not where its supposed to be when it's supposed to be there. The CTRL/Spire IV boards kept up a LOT better, and actually make them a viable option for me. I know that's in incredibly small niche, but the speed and board logic really is an improvement for those of us with fast mechs.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:28 PM #54
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer
 
BMJoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBroz View Post
Smarter loader logic can be built to improve anti jam abilities if the loader has an awareness of what the loader is doing and vice versa.
Every virtue fanboy has told me that they never jam, all while claiming every other loader on the market is unreliable and jams constantly. SO what is the point?


I guess it's to separate more people looking to buy some game from their money.
__________________
"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
BMJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:31 PM #55
Legacy
Tractor Engineer
 
Legacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Waterloo, Ia
Legacy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos00 View Post
The real difference between spire 3 and BK boards is when it tells the loader to stop loading. It might not make a difference if you have an electro, but I noticed a big difference when shooting a really fast blind mech. I have usually had to use rotors because of the feeding speed difference and the spire III not keeping up with my cockers (I make R/T cockers, and they are generally set around 12 BPS. That's an immediate and consistent 12, not spikes). They can punish the paint if it's not where its supposed to be when it's supposed to be there. The CTRL/Spire IV boards kept up a LOT better, and actually make them a viable option for me. I know that's in incredibly small niche, but the speed and board logic really is an improvement for those of us with fast mechs.
I really like my CTRL loader on my SFL cocker. Those gunfighter frames are no joke and it does a good job of keeping up with it. I'm going to try it on a DM6 this weekend. That should give it a real good test.
__________________
Iowa State Cyclones Paintball Alumni
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:01 PM #56
PBSales
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
The difference is though that all of those features you mentioned were relevant features that added value.

Virtue is claiming "ground-breaking firsts" that address a problem that doesn't exist, all on top of the fact that they were not even the first company to do this and it has been done multiple times and failed because the market saw no value in it.

I like tech in this sport as much as anyone, but this is tech that is so un-needed. I would have much rather see them dump this RD into making the perfect mech loader that totally solves any issues of breaking paint. That is a real issue.
Companies really like to blow smoke up their own @sses.

Paul. Please try not to use the word "WE". You don't speak for me or anyone else for that matter. When Mercedes put useless wipers on their headlights was that "Evolving" too.... or just a bunch of useless nonsense.

Not hating on Virtue just disagreeing with you.
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:42 PM #57
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3
 
Mr. Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: FL
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek


No thumbnail...

Seems like a good idea overall but I’m not impressed by the Marker.

Looks like a Dye NT and MacDev Cone 5 had a baby.
__________________
Gonna scare you up and shoot ya, cause Mr. Charlie told me so.

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 05-28-2020 at 01:12 AM.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:05 PM #58
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome
 
Paint_hore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
 has been a member for 10 years
The color matching looks sick!

As far as the wireless goes, its a solution looking for a problem.
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:14 PM #59
blah450
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
 has been a member for 10 years
blah450 is playing at Living Legends X
blah450 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
Totally agree, we all carry these little computers around, letís put them to use. Been waiting for this tech to come back for years with loaders paired to markers.

Iím just venturing a 100% guess but with a custom milled x and the newest fancy loader Iím gonna say in the ball park of $1999.99

What ever it is itíll be a big number.
BigMurph's posted link from VirtuePB does say..."The total price of the Virtue Ace + Spire IV is $2000"
blah450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:07 PM #60
Vissa
 
 
Vissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
And an entirely un-needed relationship. The BPS cap will remain very low for the foreseeable future, nearly every field uses some sort of limited firing mode rules on electronic markers. My 20 year old Revvy can keep up at 10bps without any real issue, as can my other 30 loaders from the last 20 years, why do I need to spend a bunch more money now to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

I hate tech like this because the marketing dollars spent just go to creating ignorance towards reality and create false problems in order to establish a marketing narrative for the company.

LOADERS DO NOT HAVE PROBLEMS KEEPING UP. THEY DIDNT at 25 BPS BOUNCY UNCAPPED SEMI, THEY DONT NOW
This times 100!

I play paintball for more than 10 years. Since loaders like the Rotor came out more than a decade ago, consistent feeding has NEVER ever been a problem. Loaders can feed WAY more than the ROF cap is now and ever will be.

This logic is something that has been tried in 2006, or maybe even before that. This is pure marketing BS.

BK/Virtue is very good in bringing BS stuff up lately. The CTRL loader with build in super duper fancy angle indicator is a good example.
Vissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:21 PM #61
Paul77
Can't find my old account
 
Paul77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah450 View Post
BigMurph's posted link from VirtuePB does say..."The total price of the Virtue Ace + Spire IV is $2000"
i made a pretty solid guess then.


they add a new note

DEPOSIT NOTE: Quantities are extremely limited. Ace/Spire IV packages will allocated across a multiple sales channels and countries. This deposit ensures your place in line to get a Virtue Ace + Spire IV. Your deposit is transferable and can be applied directly to an order of any other item at any time.

After placing a deposit order, you will be immediately issued an account credit and then contacted with an ETA for your selection or alternate choices within 3-5 business days. The total price of the Virtue Ace + Spire IV is $2000."
__________________
Powered by Powerhouse Regulators, DLX, Pro-Shar, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:25 PM #62
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3
 
Mr. Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: FL
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
At least now you donít have to worry about if your Spire will be able to keep up...
__________________
Gonna scare you up and shoot ya, cause Mr. Charlie told me so.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:39 PM #63
Legacy
Tractor Engineer
 
Legacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Waterloo, Ia
Legacy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
The color matching looks sick!

As far as the wireless goes, its a solution looking for a problem.
I actually really like the milling but Iím not at all interested in a luxe. Iím not going to buy any gun that isnít threaded for cocker barrels.

I agree with the wireless itís pointless. If there was a demand for something like that everybody would have copied the intellifeed 20 years ago.
__________________
Iowa State Cyclones Paintball Alumni
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump