PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 04-23-2020, 06:36 PM #1
niiru
East Koast Kid

has been a member for 10 years
Digital Paintball Redux (Video Game) - Free to Download!

Digital Paintball Redux is an online Multiplayer paintball game setup to give players the best online paintball experience on the market. This first-person shooter consists of maps with different styles of playing formats: woodsball, speedball, airball, and hyperball. The game brings constant action and has an easy learning curve for players coming from any gaming background.

The original Digital Paintball was born from individuals who had a love for paintball and gaming, and so the development of Digital Paintball 2.1 Beta was released in September of 2002. Digital Paintball had a vision to bring the most “realistic” paintball experience to online gaming. With backing from an outstanding community from all walks of life, including paintball players and non-paintball players, the online community in Digital Paintball became a close group of friends.

Now with the gracious help of the Digital Paintball community members, Digital Paintball Redux is picking up where DPB 2.1 left off! We wanted to bring Digital Paintball up to today's standards of gear, visuals, and one of the most important things of all, Steam Community compatibility.

We look forward to bringing the go-to online paintball experience to your PC.
Please be sure to join our Discord and Facebook groups to stay in touch with other players who have a passion for paintball and online gaming.

Thank you all!
We'll see you on the field.

The game is available to download for FREE on the Steam Store page!
Search 'Digital Paintball Redux' in the Steam Store and download the game.
You must have Half-Life 1 installed in your library and you need to run the game, Half-Life 1, before Digital Paintball Redux can work.

If you have any trouble shooting issues please join the Discord or the Facebook group and reach out to us there, because that will be the quickest way you will get a response. Thanks.

Discord: https://discord.gg/7MJhpB7
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dpbredux/
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/dpbredux

niiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2020, 06:49 PM #2
niiru
East Koast Kid

Ramping mode for your gun (2ball script)
Type the following in console (~):
bind mouse1 "+attack; wait; +attack; -attack; wait; +attack;"

(TROUBLESHOOTING)

Steam Validation Error:
After you have bought, installed, played the game Half-Life1, and installed Digital Paintball Redux you need to exit Steam and then open Steam back up. There should be TWO Digital Paintball Redux icons in your Steam Library. You are going to want to open up the following icon.

This is the game icon you want to run to play the game.

If you're not seeing the two icons make sure you have Half-Life1 and Digital Paintball Redux installed under the same drive (C) or (D). Exit out of Steam and open it back up. Still nothing?
Open Steam and go to your Steam Library.
Right click on Digital Paintball Redux > Properties > Local Files tab > Verify game integrity of files. Close Steam and open back up.
Still nothing?
The issue is normally fixed by this point, but there have been a few people who still do not see both icons.
The only way I can figure out how to run the game from this point is to do the following:
Go to your Steam Library
At the top left click on the View tab > Servers > Favorites > Add a server
Add the following server IPs.

Official Digital Paintball Redux Server | Central
108.61.239.32:27015
Official Digital Paintball Redux Server | West
104.238.180.59:27065
Official Digital Paintball Redux Server | East
66.55.142.241:27095

These are all of the official servers that are currently running on the game. When you add the server you can double click it and it will open up the game and connect you to that server.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:59 PM #3
Porkfat
ducka ducka ducka

Porkfat supports Empire
Porkfat is All In
Porkfat is All In
Look man, im not going to BS you, the graphics are straight trash, TRASH. But listen, this is the ONLY paintball game where real strats and skills come into play. lane-ing, snap shooting, wrapping, bunkering are all used in this game. Hands down this is the best online experience for paintball, no question about it. No other game is going to have brand new field layouts, on top of old school 10 man layouts. It can run on your high school's computer lab computer, its 10.00 for half life, and NO ENTRY FEE. 10 to 14 man games almost every night.

7 out of 5 stars recommend you try it today.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:07 PM #4
God4Hire

plays in the NXL
God4Hire plays in the APPA D4 division
****s a blast!!!

Here's some game play footage i streamed

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/599785609
God4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 07:12 PM #5
NCONTROL
Welcome to SwagMont Manor

NCONTROL is a Professional paintball player
NCONTROL works for a Paintball manufacturer
NCONTROL plays in the PSP
NCONTROL supports Cereal Killerz 2
NCONTROL plays in the APPA D1 division
Yeah, game is a lot of fun. running and shooting is frustrating, takes a little bit of adjusting to, but a lot of fun. Perfect thing for you and your teammates to do together during lockdown. Jump on a discord server, get in the game and you can work on real life in game communication. I give this a perfect 13 on a scale out of 7-13.
VirtuePB.com
Bunkerkings
Washington's Place to play, PSP
NCONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:48 AM #6
lawf

2.1 is better.
lawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:51 AM #7
NCONTROL
Welcome to SwagMont Manor

NCONTROL is a Professional paintball player
NCONTROL works for a Paintball manufacturer
NCONTROL plays in the PSP
NCONTROL supports Cereal Killerz 2
NCONTROL plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawf View Post
2.1 is better.
Not wrong. Hitboxes are better for sure.
VirtuePB.com
Bunkerkings
Washington's Place to play, PSP
NCONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:58 AM #8
niiru
East Koast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCONTROL View Post
Not wrong. Hitboxes are better for sure.
Any data/proof?
I could see how the game could 'feel' that way possibly, but the player models were re-worked and enhanced to have better hit boxes in Redux.
I haven't had a problem killing anyone and digital paintball has always been pretty bad with hit registry. Just think of it like you got bounced.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:36 PM #9
lawf

Quote:
Originally Posted by niiru View Post
Any data/proof?
I could see how the game could 'feel' that way possibly, but the player models were re-worked and enhanced to have better hit boxes in Redux.
I haven't had a problem killing anyone and digital paintball has always been pretty bad with hit registry. Just think of it like you got bounced.
they weren't though and quikkie/alan got mad at us when we told him so, and thats when he decided he wanted to split the community and make redux HIS thing instead of just an optional update patch for 2.1.

its cool though. 2.1 will be just fine
Old 04-25-2020, 05:21 PM #10
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawf View Post
they weren't though and quikkie/alan got mad at us when we told him so, and thats when he decided he wanted to split the community and make redux HIS thing instead of just an optional update patch for 2.1.

its cool though. 2.1 will be just fine
Sadly it wont be fine =\.

Quittman was quite a driving force of the 2.1 community and he has stepped out.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:41 PM #11
lawf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Sadly it wont be fine =\.

Quittman was quite a driving force of the 2.1 community and he has stepped out.
Actually him and I and a couple others will be playing Seattle Uprising this week in a couple of matches on 2.1.

His server is still up and running as well and I'm sure if he wanted to host a pug it would fill up just fine.

Last edited by lawf : 04-25-2020 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:45 PM #12
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Just played for the first time and seems decent