PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 04-10-2020, 02:04 AM #85
ndcody

ndcody is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Listen as much I throw shade, I think everyone should give the guy props for being willing to put his money or product where his mouth his. I don't have the proper equipment to really run a proper test, but if he wants to send me free product sure.

But he has earned my respect for being willing to come and defend it vigorously.
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2020, 05:27 AM #86
PBSales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnoddings0364 View Post
Lol I think we can all agree this is something we are not interested in. I too like to see new and innovative product get released but when it comes to this.. I will stick with the factory grease. "KISS" rings a bell here
Who is WE?

Is this the same guy that pushes all of the Vintage snake oil products?
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:47 AM #87
Cnoddings0364
Paintsieg

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
Who is WE?

Is this the same guy that pushes all of the Vintage snake oil products?
The group going at him is who I refer to as 'we'. Not sure what Vintage snake oil products you're referring to either.

OP: I do not want to try the product because I am happy with the factory Dye Lube. Which is what I meant by KISS. Keep it simple... Thanks for the offer though!
Cnoddings0364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:57 PM #88
yeahthatsme
Do Work Son

Annual Supporting Member
yeahthatsme supports Team VICIOUS
yeahthatsme plays in the APPA beginner division
yeahthatsme supports Ninja Paintball
They shared a "test" video on Facebook that ended up showing dow 33 raised fps over their own lube.

It should be needless to say, especially for modern guns, don't use anything other than the factory lube, the odds of it being worse are much much higher than the odds of it being better.

Broseidon, King of the Brocean
yeahthatsme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:03 PM #89
ahreckon

plays in the NXL
ahreckon owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
ahreckon plays in the APPA D4 division
Know thy market. Especially now with the way companies have everything dialed in, there's no real need for upgrades or third party applications anymore. While I appreciate the effort for a new product, I just wonder how much due diligence was done to check for potential need in an already nuanced market.

I can't remember the last time I heard someone say "man I need new lube for my gun, this stuff out of the factory just ain't cutting it!"
ahreckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:37 PM #90
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
After looking at the MSDS, I have some concerns with the compatibility with some of the plastics used on modern markers and some of the bonding agents on electronics cannot deal with a petrol-based lube either. Also, this cannot penetrate the metal (on bolt components & bodies), the oxidation layer prevents it. I'd recommend people stick with a silicone-based grease.
Seconded.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:02 PM #91
Eric the Great
not Flavor Flav

Eric the Great is a Supporting Member
I’m afraid it’s going to penetrate the metal in my marker and make it weaker.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:43 PM #92
latches109
off with the latches

Quote:
After looking at the MSDS, I have some concerns with the compatibility with some of the plastics used on modern markers and some of the bonding agents on electronics cannot deal with a petrol-based lube either. Also, this cannot penetrate the metal (on bolt components & bodies), the oxidation layer prevents it. I'd recommend people stick with a silicone-based grease.
great point^

hydrotreated mineral oils are sensitive to sunlight(UV) when exposed to air. They will darken, become hazy and break down.

new oil - after 5 days
latches109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:24 PM #93
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Annual Supporting Member
BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:

The smartest guy in the room, has entered the......room.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:33 PM #94
OA paintball
ROOD BOIZ D4X

i know pbnation doesn't have the reach it had 15 years ago (big sad) but this thread has been trash from a marketing perspective, even if only affecting people who still visit the forum.

I like my PE dow33 on everything that needs grease, and PE lube on my poppets that need oil. Tried and true, no snake oil. Anyways, lol.
Wherever you're going,
that's where you'll be
OA paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:33 PM #95
UltraSilk
ultrasilkpb.com

Annual Supporting Member
So what do you guys have to lose
messaging me your address and
I'll send you a sample
So you can try it for yourself and if you don't
like go back to what
Ever your little heart desire
UltraSilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:40 PM #96
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraSilk View Post
I'll send you a sample
like go back to what
alright, i'll give it a shot. got some project markers i can try it out on.
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:06 PM #97
OA paintball
ROOD BOIZ D4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraSilk View Post
I'll send you a sample
like go back to what
Is this a poem?

What are we doing here? who is behind this? holy heck, this is poor marketing.

You get a ton of skepticism rightfully, followed by like three or four people claiming its awesome sauce, followed by message me your address and ill send you a sample copy and pasted. Im just.... what? is? anything? anymore? Ill admit im a healthcare worker dealing with COVID patients directly so nothing has made any sense to me for the last month or so... so someone else help me. Whats going here?
Wherever you're going,
that's where you'll be
OA paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:13 PM #98
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA paintball View Post
Is this a poem?

What are we doing here? who is behind this? holy heck, this is poor marketing.

You get a ton of skepticism rightfully, followed by like three or four people claiming its awesome sauce, followed by message me your address and ill send you a sample copy and pasted. Im just.... what? is? anything? anymore? Ill admit im a healthcare worker dealing with COVID patients directly so nothing has made any sense to me for the last month or so... so someone else help me. Whats going here?
I don't know. But yes, I see what you see and it's not good.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:14 PM #99
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Off topic-ish, the term MSDS is out of date and everything is SDS now (because that is the change we needed). Basically the same thing, just more Globally Harmonized now.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 02:22 AM #100
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Interesting, thanks for posting his video!

I actually like most of that dude’s videos, seem to be well thought out.

It did appear that the UltraSilk caused the Velocity to increase slightly between the two Bolts. Assuming that they were broken-in the same then it does appear to be a slightly slicker Lube than Dow 33.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:45 AM #101
UltraSilk
ultrasilkpb.com

Annual Supporting Member
No problem

I will post more UltraSilk challenges as they come in!!

We will be going into our 4th week of quarantine.
But we are still Shipping out orders.

THX.for your SUPPORT on doing the ULTRASILK
challenge with your marker..

You will need a 2nd vavle and friend to help you with this. Remember Practice social distancing..

Two valve assemblies same gun one was with stock lube and 2nd with UltraSilk treatment and then choreograph both valves .

Shop now at
http://Ultrasilkpb.com

Lonewolfpaintball.com (blue)
https://shop.lonewolfpaintball.com/p...lube-1-oz/1832

teamsmokepaintball.com (green)
https://brimstonesmoke.com/products/...ment-dab-green

Infamouspaintball.com (yellow)
https://infamouspaintball.com/collec...rker-treatment

shopcousins.com Ground zero( gold )

Last edited by UltraSilk : 04-14-2020 at 12:34 PM.
UltraSilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:49 AM #102
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

is playing at Living Legends XI
sokopath is Legendary
sokopath is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Off topic-ish, the term MSDS is out of date and everything is SDS now (because that is the change we needed). Basically the same thing, just more Globally Harmonized now.
thank god they started using pictograms in the in sds format. we all were completely lost with out pictures.....
Old 04-11-2020, 07:27 AM #103
shawneebear

shawneebear owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
shawneebear supports Ninja Paintball
Although I don't agree with 90% of what is being said in this post so this will fall on Deaf ears. Perhaps ignorance is bliss, or hating on a product before trying it is what I should do since PE, GOG, Field One, Virtue, HK or some other big manufacturer didn't tell me I should try it. If it was PE branded you'd be lined up out the door like I phone 5 launch day. Hell they're stocked up on pre orders for the exact same markers you've been using since 2014. It's worth it it has new milling and slimmer grips. Ya someone needs to get a grip on something.

He's offering for you to try it. I've been using aftermarket lube since 06 and I haven't had a marker fail due to lube issues yet...

Hater sauce, Slick Honey, Monkey Poo, Killa Ice Cream, Marmalade, Gunsalv, list goes on it's not a new concept and many swear by each of them.

You want to stick to dow 33 or dow 33 lite go for it. You want to try something that can potentially make your marker run more efficiently. Message the man and ask what it's about, get a sample?

Sounds like someone's drinking the Koolaid... You also believe your dealer when they tell you that Nissan, Honda (branded) 90% basic oil is better than a full synthetic say Mobile 1, Penzoil, Royal Purple etc. I don't know but I have them drain the oil and run a semi synthetic mobile 1 and then go full synthetic after. That's just me and I've had Honda, Nissan and Hyundia techs recommend it. Downside it burns off and you have to check your oil more often, upside better performance and "you should be checking your oil more often"

I look at this like a new or new branded lube hitting the market, could be bad could be good? Time will tell people using it will tell and it might be the best thing out there. It might be found that in heat or cold it doesn't function properly, breaks down o-rings, etc. I haven't used a stock lube since 06 for a few reasons Dow 33 cakes on. It isn't efficient in the cold. I've found better things out there. Bob Long must have been wrong because he didn't use grease in everything too right? Someone posted they use grease for their pop it bolt but states they follow manufacturer recommendations I believe?

To the point of the videos... Your looking for something wrong. The last comment I read it says that PE increased the speed. What he failed to understand is that if that's what he's basing his opinion on then monkey poo would be the best lube. Would it not? Instead he focused on the one thing he wanted to instead of looking at the actual results. Clearly states that it is twice as efficient as the other two lubricants. Efficient as in remaining the same to the closest to the same velocity each time. If you want to base it off of FPS then you need to find someone who still has monkey poo and buy it.

The second video I can pic apart easily as well. He didn't show himself opening and using ultra silk I can't see it on the drive train. He's using colored orings vs non colored well there's been tests on those and they're not the same thing. Different tolerances, dyes of some sort is obviously in one. He claims that it increased velocity! Well I didn't see a side by side of those being lubed with the same lube it's two different drive trains, bolt wear, the list goes on. I'm not tearing the guy down just pointing out some flaws in logic which are easily found in this thread.

"Lube voids the warranty"!!!
I haven't heard of a case of a lube voiding a warranty. Could be wrong and there's cases of that happening. It's lube wipe it off put dow 33 on there and send it in if your so concerned. Also if the marker is so perfect not much of a need for a warranty. Does PE pay an R&D to make the best lube on the market?? Seriously I would like to know? From a business perspective that wouldn't make much since considering they pretty much own the marker world and dow 33 lite works and is cheap. I wouldn't spend extra money if my markers were already the benchmark.

I don't appreciate the "We" comments there isn't a "we" there's a you and some like minded or similar thoughts people posting. I definitely have a different views than "we".

This is coming from some of the same people who are stuck to PE, Dye, GOG(smart parts) Virtue, HK, Sandana etc. Of course most of you will deny it. You don't listen when those reviewing are telling you that hey there's a better loader that actually holds advertised amount of paint and works properly no gimmicks , or hey you can get a head wrap / headband for fraction of the price with better materials from a new company. Just to get to the point a lot of players waste money on things (not as advertised or extremely expensive, but it's agg, or limited run, and it sits in their gear bags or in a closet unused. (sometimes a wall hanger) lol

I don't know if it's because some of you are stuck at home and want to hate on someone trying to produce a new product. If your angry you can't play right now. So your sitting here throwing all kinds of things around. Just think if it was your product and you wanted people to try it. This is the response you get from a community your trying to help support and grow... He gives you his resume, Lone wolfs using it, teams are using it, super cockers are using it. He's offering for you to try it. I did buy some because I was skeptical and wanted to see how it did. Does it work better than dow 33/grease yes it did. Is it going to be my end all be all probably not. I questioned him privately and didn't put him on blast. For those who say your one bottle will last you a lifetime I'd hate to see your o-rings and I'd be glad to put any of my markers side by side for an efficiency over the chrono. I break mine down after every use clean and lube. Test Fire chrono at home and guess what grab my oring kit and a bag full of lubes just in case...

I saw some legitimate concerns as well. Whats it going to do to metals and plastics in markers, orings, materials overtime. That's legitimate and to be answered. Saying he's just slinging snake oil and grease or shocker lube is the best is just ignorance. Or please by all means show me your data. I'll switch to what is going to perform the best. I know a lot of players that have to switch or mix lube when it's winter... They're using dow 33 / grease / manufacturer lube??

Last thing I'm going to leave with...
I think there's been way too much hate thrown around in here. Just say not for me I like or don't like the idea like many have. Maybe someone will actually do some extensive testing who has means and capability to put it through high pressures, extreme temperatures, and longevity test using actual scientific equipment?

I guess factory is better than everything. So don't upgrade those triggers, don't change the anno *voids warranty*, don't buy a barrel kit, the stock .689 1 piece or 2 piece is from factory! Don't buy aftermarket blackout screws and o rings, stock all the way right

Disclaimer:
***I'm not pushing for you to buy this product. I don't care if you do or don't, I have no stock in it, doesn't bother me one way or another. However I have a right to come in here and say what I "believe" (not know) to be true. It does bother me when people are ignorant and hateful because they can be. I also have the right to pick people out and tell them they're wrong and vent just as much as the rest of you.*** If you actually read all of this good for you, you either care / trying to understand a new perspective, are extremely bored or are looking for things to pick apart. There's a lot of mispelled words and improper grammer see if you can find them all

Last edited by shawneebear : 04-11-2020 at 07:29 AM. Reason: didnt spell check or use correct grammer
shawneebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 08:23 AM #104
Cnoddings0364
Paintsieg

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D2 division
Well said! ^
Cnoddings0364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 08:26 AM #105
PBSales

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawneebear View Post
Although I don't agree with 90% of what is being said in this post so this will fall on Deaf ears. Perhaps ignorance is bliss, or hating on a product before trying it is what I should do since PE, GOG, Field One, Virtue, HK or some other big manufacturer didn't tell me I should try it. If it was PE branded you'd be lined up out the door like I phone 5 launch day. Hell they're stocked up on pre orders for the exact same markers you've been using since 2014. It's worth it it has new milling and slimmer grips. Ya someone needs to get a grip on something.

He's offering for you to try it. I've been using aftermarket lube since 06 and I haven't had a marker fail due to lube issues yet...

Hater sauce, Slick Honey, Monkey Poo, Killa Ice Cream, Marmalade, Gunsalv, list goes on it's not a new concept and many swear by each of them.

You want to stick to dow 33 or dow 33 lite go for it. You want to try something that can potentially make your marker run more efficiently. Message the man and ask what it's about, get a sample?

Sounds like someone's drinking the Koolaid... You also believe your dealer when they tell you that Nissan, Honda (branded) 90% basic oil is better than a full synthetic say Mobile 1, Penzoil, Royal Purple etc. I don't know but I have them drain the oil and run a semi synthetic mobile 1 and then go full synthetic after. That's just me and I've had Honda, Nissan and Hyundia techs recommend it. Downside it burns off and you have to check your oil more often, upside better performance and "you should be checking your oil more often"

I look at this like a new or new branded lube hitting the market, could be bad could be good? Time will tell people using it will tell and it might be the best thing out there. It might be found that in heat or cold it doesn't function properly, breaks down o-rings, etc. I haven't used a stock lube since 06 for a few reasons Dow 33 cakes on. It isn't efficient in the cold. I've found better things out there. Bob Long must have been wrong because he didn't use grease in everything too right? Someone posted they use grease for their pop it bolt but states they follow manufacturer recommendations I believe?

To the point of the videos... Your looking for something wrong. The last comment I read it says that PE increased the speed. What he failed to understand is that if that's what he's basing his opinion on then monkey poo would be the best lube. Would it not? Instead he focused on the one thing he wanted to instead of looking at the actual results. Clearly states that it is twice as efficient as the other two lubricants. Efficient as in remaining the same to the closest to the same velocity each time. If you want to base it off of FPS then you need to find someone who still has monkey poo and buy it.

The second video I can pic apart easily as well. He didn't show himself opening and using ultra silk I can't see it on the drive train. He's using colored orings vs non colored well there's been tests on those and they're not the same thing. Different tolerances, dyes of some sort is obviously in one. He claims that it increased velocity! Well I didn't see a side by side of those being lubed with the same lube it's two different drive trains, bolt wear, the list goes on. I'm not tearing the guy down just pointing out some flaws in logic which are easily found in this thread.

"Lube voids the warranty"!!!
I haven't heard of a case of a lube voiding a warranty. Could be wrong and there's cases of that happening. It's lube wipe it off put dow 33 on there and send it in if your so concerned. Also if the marker is so perfect not much of a need for a warranty. Does PE pay an R&D to make the best lube on the market?? Seriously I would like to know? From a business perspective that wouldn't make much since considering they pretty much own the marker world and dow 33 lite works and is cheap. I wouldn't spend extra money if my markers were already the benchmark.

I don't appreciate the "We" comments there isn't a "we" there's a you and some like minded or similar thoughts people posting. I definitely have a different views than "we".

This is coming from some of the same people who are stuck to PE, Dye, GOG(smart parts) Virtue, HK, Sandana etc. Of course most of you will deny it. You don't listen when those reviewing are telling you that hey there's a better loader that actually holds advertised amount of paint and works properly no gimmicks , or hey you can get a head wrap / headband for fraction of the price with better materials from a new company. Just to get to the point a lot of players waste money on things (not as advertised or extremely expensive, but it's agg, or limited run, and it sits in their gear bags or in a closet unused. (sometimes a wall hanger) lol

I don't know if it's because some of you are stuck at home and want to hate on someone trying to produce a new product. If your angry you can't play right now. So your sitting here throwing all kinds of things around. Just think if it was your product and you wanted people to try it. This is the response you get from a community your trying to help support and grow... He gives you his resume, Lone wolfs using it, teams are using it, super cockers are using it. He's offering for you to try it. I did buy some because I was skeptical and wanted to see how it did. Does it work better than dow 33/grease yes it did. Is it going to be my end all be all probably not. I questioned him privately and didn't put him on blast. For those who say your one bottle will last you a lifetime I'd hate to see your o-rings and I'd be glad to put any of my markers side by side for an efficiency over the chrono. I break mine down after every use clean and lube. Test Fire chrono at home and guess what grab my oring kit and a bag full of lubes just in case...

I saw some legitimate concerns as well. Whats it going to do to metals and plastics in markers, orings, materials overtime. That's legitimate and to be answered. Saying he's just slinging snake oil and grease or shocker lube is the best is just ignorance. Or please by all means show me your data. I'll switch to what is going to perform the best. I know a lot of players that have to switch or mix lube when it's winter... They're using dow 33 / grease / manufacturer lube??

Last thing I'm going to leave with...
I think there's been way too much hate thrown around in here. Just say not for me I like or don't like the idea like many have. Maybe someone will actually do some extensive testing who has means and capability to put it through high pressures, extreme temperatures, and longevity test using actual scientific equipment?

I guess factory is better than everything. So don't upgrade those triggers, don't change the anno *voids warranty*, don't buy a barrel kit, the stock .689 1 piece or 2 piece is from factory! Don't buy aftermarket blackout screws and o rings, stock all the way right

Disclaimer:
***I'm not pushing for you to buy this product. I don't care if you do or don't, I have no stock in it, doesn't bother me one way or another. However I have a right to come in here and say what I "believe" (not know) to be true. It does bother me when people are ignorant and hateful because they can be. I also have the right to pick people out and tell them they're wrong and vent just as much as the rest of you.*** If you actually read all of this good for you, you either care / trying to understand a new perspective, are extremely bored or are looking for things to pick apart. There's a lot of mispelled words and improper grammer see if you can find them all
Well said Sir

Who cares if you mispelled; misspelled
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.