Old 06-25-2020, 06:55 PM #169
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They said they are still wanting an October ship date. The problem that most business' are facing right now with production logjams due to backorders and rush orders is probably causing havoc for a small passion project like this book. Hoping we still get it in October, however if it wasnt delayed would it even be a P8NT product?
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2020, 10:26 AM #170
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
Update

"Like the rest of the paintball world, we were all shocked to learn that Tim Montressor had passed away suddenly last week. I knew Tim from my days practicing at Futureball in Michigan, more than a decade ago, but I hadn't spoken to him in years. He reached out to me last year, shortly after we announced this project, to let us know how excited he was about it. I told him then that F8MOUS likely wouldn't exist if it weren't for him.
Myself, Chris Dilts and Dan Mouradian had talked about a project like this off and on for years, but what finally flipped the switch and convinced me to move forward with it was watching the webcast of the 2018 Iron City Classic. Part of it was seeing all the old faces I didn't even realize how much I'd missed, but more than anything it was seeing what Tim had built, and how he had built it, and the joy it had brought so many people.
Tim helped me remember the best parts of paintball because he was the best parts of paintball, and he made the sport bigger by being a part of it. It's a little bit smaller now that he's gone. But we're all better off for what he contributed.
Thanks Tim.
–Christopher Hass

The Lost Rolls, Part 1
Over the course of this project we've gone through tens of thousands of archival photos, but for the past few weeks we've been looking at something new—photos that no one, not even us, have ever seen before.
What ended up being the final issue of P8NT Magazine was published in the summer of 2004, but we continued to travel and document events for the next 12 months, for what would have been future issues of the magazine. But not only were the photos from this period never published, most of the film was never developed.
One small portion of the undeveloped film from 2004-2005
The cost of having these 160+ rolls of films developed was considerable, but thanks to the success of this crowdfunding campaign, earlier this year we were finally able to package them up for processing.
But that's when things got complicated.
Twenty years ago we could walk to our local photography store and drop off film whenever we wanted, and they'd turn it around within a few days. Today, almost every professional photo lab in Chicago has long since closed down, and the ones that remain often don't have the equipment or expertise to process film stocks that are no longer even manufactured.
In the end, we found two labs that could handle the film—one in Chicago to process all of the 35mm black and white film, and one in California to process the color slide film.
But the real question was: Had any of the photos survived?
Undeveloped film doesn't last forever—light slowly leaks into the canisters, humidity can cause film to warp, and the chemicals in the film stock change and degrade over time. We'd kept these rolls safe in a temperature controlled setting, but even so, 15 years is a long time.
A few weeks after we dropped off the black and white film, we got this message back from the lab:
"Obviously the film is foggy after all these years, the increase in development time has led to more pronounced grain, and they're all extra curly, as older rolls tend to be. But everything looks fantastic, all things considered."
Not long after, we got to see for ourselves.

It's true that some of the photos have fogged at the edges, and a few rolls were partially damaged.

But amazingly, out of the 81 rolls of 35mm film, only one was blank:
We’ll never know what was on this roll of film.
Going through these photos has been like opening a time capsule. Not only are these the final P8NT Magazine photos ever made, they document some of the crucial moments from this era of paintball, including the first events in which NXL players and teams were allowed to compete in the NPPL Super 7, as well as the first real meetings in what would become an epic rivalry between Dynasty and a team that everyone would learn to fear—the Russian Legion.

At the moment we're still waiting on the color slide film. The machines to handle this process are even more rare, and the lab that has them has been partially shut down due to Covid-19. We'll follow-up with another update on these photos as soon as we know more.
In the meantime, we'll be posting some of these newly developed photos from the "Lost Rolls" on social media over the coming weeks, so keep an eye out on Facebook and Instagram.
Thank you again to everyone who contributed and made it possible for us to rescue these photos. You'll be able to see dozens of them in F8MOUS, in all their glory, for the first time ever.
—Christopher Hass, Chris Dilts, Dan Mouradian, Dan Napoli and the rest of the F8MOUS team

"

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:14 AM #171
kitbh
why is a fish?

Annual Supporting Member
kitbh is a Supporting Member
Excited to see the final product. I purchased mine with the full understanding this was going to take some time to have done. I will happily wait as long as needed to see this work of art!
kitbh is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.