Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 12:01 AM #22
MΩRAL MAN
Alpha and Omega
 
MΩRAL MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsWhatISaid View Post
If all the bands did that (I agree that they did), then why is Page always singled out? It's because he played songs by other artists and gave himself the writing credits.
There's very little evidence for "other bands" doing it, but mountains of evidence against page. thats why he's singled out.

Last edited by MΩRAL MAN : 08-18-2009 at 12:08 AM.
MΩRAL MAN is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2009, 12:39 AM #23
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
 has been a member for 10 years
Well because when the animals or bluesbreakers or whoever played a blues song they generally gave the black guys credit
Ando, raider from mx is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:46 AM #24
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
 has been a member for 10 years
and he didn't just play blues licks he stole highly original ideas from guys like davey graham, bert jansch, donovan, etc
Ando, raider from mx is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:53 AM #25
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!
 
p8ntcheck45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Portland Oregon
p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
I hate jimmy page.
__________________
*Portland Uprising*Findlay Force- 10 Man 2014 World Cup Champs!*
Team USA*Pbrack*Ambush Army*Censys Design Lab*
www.findlayhats.com
www.JimmyHickeyphoto.com
p8ntcheck45 is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 AM #26
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
 has been a member for 10 years
and I don't even buy the whole "good producer" argument because zeppelin albums all sound like mud
Ando, raider from mx is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:38 AM #27
ThatsWhatISaid
 
 
ThatsWhatISaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MΩRAL MAN View Post
There's very little evidence for "other bands" doing it, but mountains of evidence against page. thats why he's singled out.
I wasn't saying that other bands stole songs, I was saying that other bands used old blues licks.
ThatsWhatISaid is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 08:53 AM #28
Gold Leader (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beneath The Waves
Capitalism my friends. Led Zeppelin was able to market themselves better than the bands they stold from.
Gold Leader is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 01:33 PM #29
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
Not just market, but make a better "sound".
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 02:08 PM #30
edudcixlsyd
ya boi
 
edudcixlsyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: TX
 has been a member for 10 years
I don't like Led Zeppelin.
__________________
you can't carry the load, you can't handle the weight
not like them boys up out that Lone Star State so get it straight
edudcixlsyd is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 02:08 PM #31
Gold Leader (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beneath The Waves
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
Not just market, but make a better "sound".
Hardly. That's highly subject to opinion
Gold Leader is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 04:25 PM #32
NightKreeper
 
 
NightKreeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Springfield, Missouri
NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
i used to not like led zeppelin but now i do
__________________
old feedback 31/0/0
NightKreeper is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 01:11 AM #33
Ando, raider from mx (Banned)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
 has been a member for 10 years
that's un****ingfortuneate
Ando, raider from mx is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 01:25 AM #34
the plague
dominion kids
 
the plague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
the plague is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ok first of all, I think a lot of you need to get your facts straight. I love how when this topic is brought up, everyone instantly assumes anything Page has ever played has been stolen.

Here's the truth:

Led Zeppelin

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You- Yes it was originally recorded by Bredon, but the song was actually credited on the Baez record as traditional. When Bredon brought it up, he and Baez were given credit and he was payed royalties.

Dazed & Confused- Yes Holmes released a song called "I'm Confused", but the fact is that enough of the song is different: added drums, bow solo, no keyboards, and different lyrics. So technically the versions aren't similar enough to warrant plagarism violations.

You Shook Me- This is just an old blues standard. The Jeff Beck version is about 1/3 the length and is highly abbreviated. John Paul Jones plays on both versions for christ sakes.

White Summer/Black Mountain Side- I think you guys have a hard time understanding what "traditional" means. Again how can you plagarize and steal something that's deemed use by everyone? Page has done far more elaborate versions live to warrant any claims that he "stole" this piece.

I Can't Quit You Babe- Again Blues standard with appropriate measures taken.

How Many More Times- Loosely based off of a Burnett arrangment. Proper action has been taken to give him credit for the song.

Led Zeppelin II

Whole Lotta Love- Yes, Dixon sued them and the case was settled out of court. The lyrics are generally to blame, not Page's guitar. So I fail to see why Page get's Plant's mistake blamed on him?

The Lemon Song- Pretty much the same as with "WLL". Settled out of court.

Bring It On Home- Settled out of court again and given proper compositional credit.

Led Zeppelin IV

When The Levee Breaks- Given proper credit to the orginal composer.

Conclusion:

So out of all 79 of Led Zeppelins studio composed songs. Only 11 are Borrowed from other artists. The argument can be made that many of these songs are much different then their orginators. Proper credit has been given in those cases where issues have arisen. The majority of the songs under concern are during the first 2 albums. So basically all of you critics of pudge are completely dismissing the other 7 studio albums under his belt? I think all of you are being completely short-sided when it comes to Jimmy Page. Led Zeppelin has always payed homage to the artists that they have looked up to. Just look at all the different songs they have performed in their Medleys of their concerts. They have covered over 200 songs from over 100 different artists in their span of touring. I'll be the first to admit they have done some wrong to some of the artists mentioned in that clip, but actions have been taken to correct those mistakes. It really is a shame that so much emphasis is placed on these allegations, rather then the actual music they produce. And to say Jimmy Page is talentless is just absurd. The man not only had a hand in writing every song but two, but also produced every album.

Give the man a ****ing break. It's bad enough his life has never been the same after Bonham died, and then pukes like you, who think you can tarnish is name by bringing up ancient history. The man is a guitar hero. Right up there with Clapton, Beck, Hendrix, and Duane Allman. I know the internet allows people to just spew unvalidated garbage whenever you please, but think about things before you put stupid thoughts onto the keyboard.
__________________
Lowballing is for poor people.....

Last edited by the plague : 08-21-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added abbreviations
the plague is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 10:02 AM #35
ThatsWhatISaid
 
 
ThatsWhatISaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
 has been a member for 10 years
Would it be at all possible to not use abbreviations? I don't know what songs you're talking about.

Last edited by ThatsWhatISaid : 08-21-2009 at 10:05 AM.
ThatsWhatISaid is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 10:08 AM #36
PlasticStaple
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
to the OP: Cry about it?
PlasticStaple is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 12:09 PM #37
ACE159
I <3 DRUMMING
 
ACE159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NEW YORK
 has been a member for 10 years
it seems everyone here just bashes on musicians...
__________________
ST TINYCHAT: I BRING THE RUKUS
"Originally posted by noob_pwner: basically i troll ACE159 because he's a ****head"
_/-NEW JERSEY DEVILS-\_
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."~George Carlin
2012 Scavenger Hunt Champs- STarmy
ACE159 is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 12:13 PM #38
komodo_117
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by the plague View Post
So out of all 79 of Led Zeppelins studio composed songs. Only 11 are Borrowed from other artists.
Soo...what you're saying is...he's not a theif, because he only stole 10% of the songs he played?

Makes sense to me.

Quote:
Give the man a ****ing break. It's bad enough his life has never been the same after Bonham died, and then pukes like you, who think you can tarnish is name by bringing up ancient history.
*cry*
komodo_117 is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 12:17 PM #39
THE COPY PASTA
Computer chair activist
 
THE COPY PASTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wilbraham, MA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE159 View Post
it seems everyone here just bashes on musicians...
**** music.
It's a waste of time.
__________________
skamastershane13: i approve this post and all posts posted by the copy pasta.
I'm ska-proved. Are you?
THE COPY PASTA is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 12:20 PM #40
demonic_dimebag v2
I'm back, *****es.
 
demonic_dimebag v2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Philly
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by the plague View Post
Give the man a ****ing break. It's bad enough his life has never been the same after Bonham died, and then pukes like you, who think you can tarnish is name by bringing up ancient history. The man is a guitar hero. Right up there with Clapton, Beck, Hendrix, and Duane Allman. I know the internet allows people to just spew unvalidated garbage whenever you please, but think about things before you put stupid thoughts onto the keyboard.
He's just overall a complete douche, he steals music and takes credit for it. And I'm supposed to give him a break?
__________________
Flyers,Phillies,Cowboys, Mavericks
demonic_dimebag v2 is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 12:23 PM #41
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
Quote:
So out of all 79 of Led Zeppelins studio composed songs. Only 11 are Borrowed from other artists.

Soo...what you're saying is...he's not a theif, because he only stole 10% of the songs he played?
You did read the part of his post where he explained that alot of the "thievery" was of lyrical content, not music, right?

Also, make a list of Page's most famous licks/songs: Rock & Roll, Whole Lotta Love, Heartbreaker, Stairway, The Ocean, Immigrant song, Khashmir, Good Times Bad Times - tell me, who did he steal these from?

Quote:
Would it be at all possible to not use abbreviations? I don't know what songs you're talking about.
Stop posting in this thread. You know **** about Zeppelin. Your opinion doesn't matter.










The most hilarious thing about all you people bashing Page and Zeppelin is the hypocrisy you display if you like any of the multitude of "Zeppitators". If you like Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Stone Temple Pilots or any of the other bands who copy Zeppelin's entire schtick then you have no right to bash Page for using the schtick of those who came before him. Basically, if you like almost any popular rock or hard rock music created after they year 1976 then you can't bash zeppelin because all music since has been influenced by zep.
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster

Last edited by wavesport001 : 08-21-2009 at 12:32 PM.
wavesport001 is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 12:26 PM #42
komodo_117
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
tell me, who did he steal these from?
Don't know yet. Maybe he got smart and started stealing from dead artists.
komodo_117 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump