Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-27-2020, 06:13 AM #1
Paintman15
Justin

Paintman15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintman15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Been away for a while... tell me about the EMEK

I had a brief and not so illustrious tournament career before everything got too expensive, and now I've been away from the game since 2014. I'm looking to get back into it, and I've seen a lot of talk surfing the forums about a resurgence of interest in mechanical guns, specifically the EMEK. When I stopped playing this was very much NOT the case, and I wouldn't have wiped my *** with anything mechanical, but now I'm intrigued.

So I ask you, PBN, would something mechanical like the EMEK be suitable for someone who is stepping back into the game? Keep in mind, I am not a woodsballer in the slightest. My tournament days are behind me, but I still plan on playing speedball. I don't plan on shooting pod after pod, so I don't need anything crazy when it comes to ROF, but when I think mech I think back to my days of Walmart-bought Brass Eagles, and chopping paint every time I shot more than 2bps, and I do not want that ****. The thing I'm most interested in is, what's the trigger pull like? I love the feeling of rolling the trigger every now and then.

I still have a 2011 Proto Rail that I changed the O-rings on and gassed up yesterday, and it works fine, but it drove me crazy even before I quit playing (constant maintenance needed, no on/off ASA, prone to leaks, has a stupid ****ing feedneck), so I don't see myself keeping it for long. What kind of trade off would I be looking at if I switched from that to mech?

Additionally, in case I decide mechanical is not something I'm interested in, I've got a few extra questions.

1. My dream gun was (is) a Planet Eclipse Ego. This guy at my field used to let me use his all the time and I felt like a god with it. Something about the way it feels in your hands, and the trigger pull, and just the right amount of recoil... chef's kiss. Is the Ego still a top of the line marker or have new models usurped it (if yall tell me its like middle of the line now and I can get one for $400 I'll nut)? When I quit the Etha and ETEK were quite new but seemed promising. What's the book on those, and has PE released any other mid-range markers?

2. Could someone update on what the situation is with different brands and companies now? I read in another post that a lot of them have been consolidated. When I quit I remember it was Dye/Proto, DLX had the Luxe which was way too ****ing expensive for no reason, Planet Eclipse, Kee/Empire/JT/Invert, and I think Smart Parts was trying to reincarnate as GOG or something? Also, I had pants from Valken that I really liked, and V-Force masks were the GOAT (**** your Pro-Flexes, I'll take a Grill or a Profiler any day). Are those two brands still around/as they were?

3. A bonus question: Why did the PSP fold? I loved the format and the live broadcasts, and how they would put all the games on YouTube. This $10/month GoSports **** has me sad
Paintman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2020, 06:10 PM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Ohh boy there’s a lot there, welcome back.

The emek is an amazing bang for buck champion, To challenge yourself I’d go out there with a emek and play against everyone else.

pe hasn’t been focusing on their stacked tube guns until lately with the new lv1.xxxx, the ETEK has been left behind after the Etek 5.

The cs2pro, gtek 170r, etha 2 are all essentially the same gamma core guns

The geo 4 is a iv core marker

Your pretty much still right about companies

Planet eclipse is still their own thing as is dye and macdev

Smart parts turned into GOG/SP/DLX.

GI bought everyone else ( including all of smart parts’s IP) and started sueing everyone for fun. And have ruined so many great names of Paintball past.

Bob long/blast got bought by field one which is basically a group of dynasty players.

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=5000841