Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-30-2020, 10:29 PM #1
alexhahn

Help on choosing equipment.

I am looking to get back into paintball after 4 years of not playing. I was inspired after a friend of mine started talking about his speedball setup. I want to get into paintball again and I am looking into a tournament-friendly setup. I used to own a Proto Rail from 2011 that I sold to get new equipment, so I am aware of basic maintenance that is needed on electronic markers. I am looking for a new marker, goggles, tank (I already own a Halo TOO hopper but I might change that). I want to hopefully get onto a D5 paintball team in the future after I have familiarized myself with paintball again.

I am asking for anybody to give their input on what marker, goggles, and tank I should get. I am also getting new pads and pants as well, but I am most likely getting TRK Joggers and HSTL elbow pads. Finally, for reference to what I was thinking, I was thinking about an Etha 2 marker, HK ARMY KLR goggles, and I don't know what tank I should get. I have a decent budget set in place ($600 for the marker, goggles, and tank), but I am willing to spend a slight bit more. I want a marker that will allow me to perform well at a D5 tournament for when the time comes, and I will upgrade the hopper then as well. Any input would help me a lot and thank you!
alexhahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2020, 10:37 PM #2
jtcraig93
P.E. ETEK 5 & Spyder Xtra

jtcraig93 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Definitely look into the new Immortal Air ImmortaLITE bottle. Has a new 34 year life bottle to it and is very efficient on air. I highly recommend it as a Recball player of sort. As far as Hopper, I have definitely got my money worth out if my Dye LTR. Thing just works and is very hard to jam. For one hundred dollars, best money spent alongside the tank I bought from Immortal Air.

Now I personally have an ETEK 5 that is super gentle on paint. For a used marker, it is a beast. Super easy to take care of and with the OLED, very great all around marker for the days you play tourney or a random Saturday on the rec field. Just my two cents.
jtcraig93 is offline   Reply With Quote