Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-26-2020, 09:00 PM #1
FroggyFart

I guess 68ci tanks got shorter? Worth bumping up to 77ci?

I've been out of the sport for about a decade. I recently purchased a Ninja Lite 68ci tank from ANS and it's definitely shorter than I remember them being. I did some digging and discovered that Ninja has in fact engineered these tanks to be smaller (and quite a bit lighter too). I see that a lot of people are running 77ci tanks now and I'm wondering if I should do the same (I'm 6' 2"). The only thing that's holding me back really is cost. I could exchange the bottle (haven't used it yet), but I'd have to pay shipping both ways, and I'd also have to bump up from the Lite to the SL2, which is a pretty significant cost difference. All in, I estimate that I'd be out about $80. Do you think I'd benefit significantly from a 77ci, or should I shut the **** up and use my gear?
FroggyFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2020, 12:10 AM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
i personally love the 77's and 80's these days. they are essentially the same size as the "old" 68's. they give you the freedom to shoot tons of paint on todays more efficient markers.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:17 PM #3
Stroika

i just got back into the sport after 11 years gone, bought a new tank since my old one was legit 13 years old lol.

Dude...I got an 80CI infamous skeleton air tank +haymaker gen3 reg and it's incredible...it's MUCH lighter and the same size as my OLD pure energy tank which back then was top of the line minus the crazy custom Air america etc. rediculous stuff.

Really impressed, like it's mind boggling to me that is 80CI vs 68 CI, yet it feels and looks smaller and lighter.
Stroika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:21 PM #4
Paul77

welcome to the glory of powerhouse..... best regs out ever./

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 12:09 PM #5
sano
you keep what you kill...

has been a member for 10 years
sano owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sano has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I noticed the same when I got my HK Army Aerolite 80/45 and was the same as my 68/45...just getting back into the sport also and this was a nice update in tech...more air and same size was a bonus
sano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:45 PM #6
jtguy2269

has been a member for 10 years
you can get a reg extender if you want a longer tank without spending too much more money.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 05:34 PM #7
xDRACHENx
PBPBC - STA

xDRACHENx is playing at Living Legends VIII
How much smaller do you think it is? Also which were you looking at? I haven't bought a new tank in probably 15 years. I have a old PE 68/45 that I hated using because it was so long. I've been in search of a new tank (used to use peanut tanks, but mostly only shoot mags now so they're way too short now).

45/45 likely won't hd enough air for my taste either though.

Thanks for any help.

/For Sale\
xDRACHENx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:30 PM #8
Paul77

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDRACHENx View Post
How much smaller do you think it is? Also which were you looking at? I haven't bought a new tank in probably 15 years. I have a old PE 68/45 that I hated using because it was so long. I've been in search of a new tank (used to use peanut tanks, but mostly only shoot mags now so they're way too short now).

45/45 likely won't hd enough air for my taste either though.

Thanks for any help.
here is the most complete list on the interyougooglez for size and weights.

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=6017833

a modern 77 is "about" the same as a old/original 68/45

a modern 68/45 is a fairly compact size and in my eyes the smallest tank one would want. its longer than a 45/45 but not much. pair one with a custom 1k output powerhouse reg and your mags will thank you.