Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-19-2020, 01:29 PM #1
KPJKPJ

Whats up with the dominance of spool valve? (and a couple other questions)

Hey PBnation!

I used to play tournament paintball back in 2004-2008, and I was a huge poppet valve fan. My first gun was the Ego 05, and then I later got the Ego 07. I loved those guns to death, they were amazing. I also rocked a 1 of 12 JMJ Custom AKA '04 Viking (which, to be honest, was my favorite gun). I had to stop using the viking because our team was sponsored by PE.

I am looking to enter the paintball sphere again, and I am surprised that spool valve has really taken over. I was wondering if you guys could help my understand why the spool valve design is so much more popular than the poppet valve design in the current high end guns?
Also--it is looking like most high end guns do not have LPR's anymore. What is the reason for this? I loved messing with my Ego and getting the perfect LPR and dwell settings, why have so many guns removed the LPR?
Lastly, how consistently are the current top guns performing? I remember I had my Ego 07 shooting +/- 1 fps once I had it tuned properly (I also had upgraded pistons in my HPR/LPR). My Viking also ran at about the same consistency (AKA regulators were legendary), and my Ego 05 I tuned to around +/- 2-3. Can I expect the high end guns to be tuned to this tight of fps tolerance?

Thanks for all the help!
KPJKPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2020, 03:57 PM #2
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Spool Valve Markers are smoother, quieter, have nearly the same efficiency, and some people also find them easier to get “on target”.

Any modern Marker should be able to get +/-2 FPS with good Paint.

Most Markers now are simplified to help make them more reliable and easier to service, hence the “lack of LPRs”.

Pick up whatever you like...
Old 03-21-2020, 11:19 PM #3
ekkthree
Covid - free

ekkthree owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ekkthree owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
ekkthree plays in the APPA D5 division
ekkthree has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ekkthree supports Ninja Paintball
Modern guns are pretty fool proof outdabox. Dont mess with it, no "improvement" will be discernable unless you're personalizing the trigger.
Could always go with the lv1 if you wanna lpr again. Prolly dont need to dick with it tho

GoPro full set up
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....5#post99979775
ekkthree is offline   Reply With Quote