Old 07-24-2014, 06:41 PM #1
red4
Sherman Reynolds

red4 is BST Trusted
 plays in the NXL
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
N-Tense Open SEPS Feedback

Alright, we haven't put a feedback thread up in a long while. Let's hear it ballers!!!

Pros: Reffing has improved over the course of the season up to this point. Staff stayed on top of scores & were motivated throughout the day. Its always nice to see & ball against friends, who give it their all. Regardless of what division they compete.

Cons: Field layout looked a little offset. Still played well! Weather...nothing we can do about that one Did have some lull in playing but nothing too long. Technical issues with the game starts using horn/siren megaphone. Recommend having a whistle for back up...will save your voice in the long run

All in all...another successful event! The MSXL & MiLP being the weekend before & after did impact the number of teams playing. Lets push to make these remaining events bigger.

Lastly, where are all the pix and/or video footage?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2014, 08:41 PM #2
dmorse7
Hitmen are coming!

has been a member for 10 years
dmorse7 supports our troops
dmorse7 plays in the APPA D4 division
dmorse7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Good Event! It went smoother than the last one.

Reffing keeps improving.

Brents field and bunkers were the best I've seen at his field yet, however the field was a bit off from one side to the other.

Good sportsmanship from the teams on the field as I saw several competitors fist bump and high five other players who made good moves on them.

However, the negative for the series this year has been the schedule and the inconsistent communication of the changes. I was aware that this last event date was changed. However, I and many other people were unaware until the evening of the last event that the next event was changed as well. It was not posted anywhere until recently with the exception of the APPA site. To this day the SEPS website still has the event date as August 2nd.
http://www.southeastpaintball.com/5-man-tournament/

And if the APPA is supposed to be correct, why does it have the Skyline event still listed on 9/27 when I was told that event was cancelled?
http://paintball-players.org/cgi-bin/signup.cgi?submitLID85=South+Eastern+Paintball+Ser ies

We need to finalize the schedule once and for all and stick to it.

I custom made plans to make sure I would be available on August 2nd to play. I'm pretty sure I can still do August 30th but I'm not sure if one of my players can as they assumed it would be August 2nd as well.

I hate to be critical of the league as I have had a team at every event since event one of 2011. I love this league, what it represents, the people who run it and the people who play it, but we have to do a better job of communicating changes and being more consistent so that those changes become less necessary.

Next year, I would like to see us go back to the second Saturday of each month that we are going to have events but maybe not so many events. We don't need to worry about conflicting with other leagues as we really haven't had many outside teams come compete this year. Last year we usually had one "outside the normal" team per event or at least some different players guest on some teams. Asylum locals played at the Louisville events, PG had a player or two at a couple of events, etc.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:49 AM #3
bendigo360
SuperDan

plays in the NXL
bendigo360 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
bendigo360 plays in the APPA D2 division
bendigo360 supports Empire
Thanks for the input guys. We are working on many of the things that have been addressed. I did not realize that the website still had the previous dates listed. I will look into that. We have someone handle the web page for us since I am not very technically advanced on the website stuffs. As far as the scheduling, when the MSXL changed their dates we were forced to do the same. It's more about the fact that we play the MSXL and if we play the MSXL and there is a SEPS on the very same weekend that not only leaves us with no refs but no one to run the SEPS even either. We apologize for the change. That was the best we could do on that notice. We changed the Aug 2nd event due to the fact that if we would have and event within 2 weeks of each other. We appreciate all of the input and we are taking notes on how to better serve the SEPS community in the future. This is our first run at this but we are confident that we are headed in the right direction. We will be coordinating better with the MSXL series next season so that these things don't happen again. We are players just like the rest of you and want to make sure you all get the best we can offer.

Paintball Asylum
CHRISTKREW
29:11
bendigo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:47 PM #4
Pr1m0
Givin' um the Switch

Pr1m0 plays in the PSP
Pr1m0 plays in the MiLP
Pr1m0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Pr1m0 supports DLX Technology
Ima say actually put some thought into the score cards. None of them actually add up to what happened on the field. D5 mainly is where I see the major issues.

Has Anyone Seen My Nods?
US Army Allstars
Probably the only Active SF guy still competing in Paintball -__-
Pr1m0 is offline   Reply With Quote