PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 01-13-2021, 08:14 AM #43
wck902

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubv187 View Post
I'm pretty sure they weren't playing anywhere before they got picked up for Cup and were basically warm bodies in jerseys. They both only played one point (pretty sure it was a less than 20 second point to either go into overtime or win/lose).
Up until getting picked up by Impact for Cup, Caro was still wearing/shooting full Infamous sponsored gear at practice and WCPPL, implying perhaps that he was still with them despite not playing Vegas. Though there was never any statement about his departure?

I'd like to see Rob play somewhere, always been a fan.
wck902 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2021, 09:20 AM #44
dannypizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by wck902 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubv187 View Post
I'm pretty sure they weren't playing anywhere before they got picked up for Cup and were basically warm bodies in jerseys. They both only played one point (pretty sure it was a less than 20 second point to either go into overtime or win/lose).
Up until getting picked up by Impact for Cup, Caro was still wearing/shooting full Infamous sponsored gear at practice and WCPPL, implying perhaps that he was still with them despite not playing Vegas. Though there was never any statement about his departure?

I'd like to see Rob play somewhere, always been a fan.
I would like to see maybe the Ironman pick caro and Velez up. Maybe even pat Kraft ?!? Heard local whispers he may be available
dannypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:40 AM #45
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypizza View Post
I would like to see maybe the Ironman pick caro and Velez up. Maybe even pat Kraft ?!? Heard local whispers he may be available
Would like to see Velez around more as well. He was consistently one of the best Aftershock players. I think he would thrive in a better system.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:08 AM #46
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Would like to see Velez around more as well. He was consistently one of the best Aftershock players. I think he would thrive in a better system.
Aftershock had some talent when they imploded but no discipline. Just listening to his podcast it wouldn't shock me to see Markowski on a roster somewhere this season.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:22 AM #47
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Aftershock had some talent when they imploded but no discipline. Just listening to his podcast it wouldn't shock me to see Markowski on a roster somewhere this season.
I’ll never forget that 2015-16 season they had, where on paper they were easily one of the top 5 teams, and they only had one good event that year.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:49 AM #48
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Ill never forget that 2015-16 season they had, where on paper they were easily one of the top 5 teams, and they only had one good event that year.
That team could have been really good with the right coach. Bruno was a great player but he wasn't a good coach. I don't know if he he was a good x's and o's coach but it sure seemed like he couldn't organize and get players in the right place to succeed.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:11 AM #49
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypizza View Post
Id find it hard to believe Pat Kraft leave NYX just due to the locality of his family that he seems super close with.

Quote:
Yeah I agree. I wouldnt be suprised if Carl is wearing an LVL jersey this season. They could work with his schedule, are local, he has the connections to them already, and they desperatley need a veteran. He would be nasty as the corner/2 on the snake side for Politi

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:49 AM #50
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Id find it hard to believe Pat Kraft leave NYX just due to the locality of his family that he seems super close with.

Yeah I agree. I wouldnt be suprised if Carl is wearing an LVL jersey this season. They could work with his schedule, are local, he has the connections to them already, and they desperatley need a veteran. He would be nasty as the corner/2 on the snake side for Politi
Just based on his podcast with Pando from like a month ago I'd bet $20 Carl plays with LVL at least one event this year. It also sounds like he had an offer to play for Impact at Cup but couldn't make it because of work obligations. Just listening to him he wants back in but wants the right fit. I think he could make a difference with LVL, not win an event difference but he could win them a couple games every event and make them a threat for the wildcard every weekend.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:53 AM #51
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

I think Carl would be a good fit for Infamous. He has connections there as well, and that team has the potential to give him a revenue stream (even if it is small).
Old 01-13-2021, 04:22 PM #52
TheC0okieMonsTer

Quote:

Old 01-13-2021, 06:57 PM #53
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
paintballer3 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Just based on his podcast with Pando from like a month ago I'd bet $20 Carl plays with LVL at least one event this year. It also sounds like he had an offer to play for Impact at Cup but couldn't make it because of work obligations. Just listening to him he wants back in but wants the right fit. I think he could make a difference with LVL, not win an event difference but he could win them a couple games every event and make them a threat for the wildcard every weekend.
Carl could do what Nick did for 187. Just bring knowledge into their team and bring them from the bottom to the top.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:07 AM #54
wck902

AC Dallas announces two more PB Fit players to join. 7 of the 8 rostered PB Fit players from World Cup D2 are now on AC Dallas. To think AC Diesel had to spend 3+ years in Semi Pro trying to win their spot... Not to mention, had TonTons played Vegas 2019 they probably wouldn't have.
wck902 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:43 AM #55
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wck902 View Post
AC Dallas announces two more PB Fit players to join. 7 of the 8 rostered PB Fit players from World Cup D2 are now on AC Dallas. To think AC Diesel had to spend 3+ years in Semi Pro trying to win their spot... Not to mention, had TonTons played Vegas 2019 they probably wouldn't have.
Gonna be a rough year for ac dallas. I’m surprised John jackson is staying with them.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:02 PM #56
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Gonna be a rough year for ac dallas. Im surprised John jackson is staying with them.
Truth. This team is going to be rough. They have at least 3-4 players that are basically not able to be mobile at all at the current pro level. A snake player that quit the game that last 10 years and just came back that never played pro. A bunch of young raw kids, and one or two real pros in BJ and JJ. Its going to be a brutal year.

Old 01-14-2021, 01:25 PM #57
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Truth. This team is going to be rough. They have at least 3-4 players that are basically not able to be mobile at all at the current pro level. A snake player that quit the game that last 10 years and just came back that never played pro. A bunch of young raw kids, and one or two real pros in BJ and JJ. Its going to be a brutal year.
I think Pauley will get them whipped into shape but this year is going to be rough for them, especially early. For me the biggest question is if they end up getting relegated or if it's MLK.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:34 PM #58
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
I think Pauley will get them whipped into shape but this year is going to be rough for them, especially early. For me the biggest question is if they end up getting relegated or if it's MLK.
Id say Dallas. At least MLKings has multiple players with years of pro experience now.

Old 01-14-2021, 03:36 PM #59
p8ntballa2k

p8ntballa2k is a founding member
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Id say Dallas. At least MLKings has multiple players with years of pro experience now.
I'd put my money on AC finishing ahead of MLK and others. The guys they picked up play A TON of paintball and were already at Paintball Fit every weekend playing with and against the AC camp.

Pauley has the formula and structure to plug and play. Probably won't make a Sunday but will definitely win games when they are counted out.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:17 PM #60
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Thats if BJ and JJ dont leave as well.

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:03 PM #61
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
I feel like they’d almost be better dropping down to semi pro this season to get some wins though. I know GP can turn a D2 or even a D3 ranked player into a pro in a matter of months, but I feel like they’d get better quicker if they went to semi pro. Look at Diesel. They won 3 or 4 events in semi pro before going pro, and they had one hell of a world cup
Old 01-14-2021, 07:09 PM #62
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballa2k View Post
Quote:
I'd put my money on AC finishing ahead of MLK and others. The guys they picked up play A TON of paintball and were already at Paintball Fit every weekend playing with and against the AC camp.

Pauley has the formula and structure to plug and play. Probably won't make a Sunday but will definitely win games when they are counted out.
I bet dallas still beats MLK, but my main problem with Dallas getting constantly beat up in the pro division is that guys will get frustrated and quit, and then we’ll see a repeat of aftershock and aftermath scenarios. BJ and John should just hop onto diesel and let dallas become semi pro. GP made the mistake of only having 5 or 6 players on that team the past 2 seasons anyways. They lost 3 guys and now they’re completely gutted.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:48 PM #63
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

Quote:
I feel like theyd almost be better dropping down to semi pro this season to get some wins though. I know GP can turn a D2 or even a D3 ranked player into a pro in a matter of months, but I feel like theyd get better quicker if they went to semi pro. Look at Diesel. They won 3 or 4 events in semi pro before going pro, and they had one hell of a world cup
Why give up a pro spot? They practice a lot of good talent every weekend, no need to play D1 for "experience".
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.