Old 01-13-2021, 01:41 PM #43
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
The OG Axe was amazing, they ruined it with the Syx. They should have taken the same exact engine and put it in a new body and frame with some very basic updates.
I'm not sure how the Syx ruined anything. It's a solid performer. I have won tournaments with it. Shot ultra brittle paint. I even went 50k shots without maintenance for science.
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2021, 01:46 PM #44
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJoker View Post
I'm not sure how the Syx ruined anything. It's a solid performer. I have won tournaments with it. Shot ultra brittle paint. I even went 50k shots without maintenance for science.
I'm not a fan of the styling on the Syx but I don't see a damn thing wrong with it performance-wise. I don't get all the hate for that thing, just a good natured joke about how the front grip looks now and then.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:51 PM #45
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I'm not a fan of the styling on the Syx but I don't see a damn thing wrong with it performance-wise. I don't get all the hate for that thing, just a good natured joke about how the front grip looks now and then.
My personal opinion is that in the past GI/Empire has ruined everything with ham handed launches, and bad styling. Performance wise the Axe/Syx, and the Vanquish have been solid performers. But they just seem to call it in when they are sitting at the design table.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:10 PM #46
vijil

Quote:
I never understood why they didnt put a greater focus on branching the companies more to let them run as independent companies under GIs brand.
You're assuming their goal was/is to actually grow the sport or sell more stuff. There are other ways to make money on the bankruptcy/restart cycle.

Last edited by vijil : 01-13-2021 at 03:56 PM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:33 PM #47
ori1984
actual 2k6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Someone said it looks like squidward's nose, and that's the first thing that come to mind whenever I see it lol.
ori1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:43 PM #48
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
My personal opinion is that in the past GI/Empire has ruined everything with ham handed launches, and bad styling. Performance wise the Axe/Syx, and the Vanquish have been solid performers. But they just seem to call it in when they are sitting at the design table.
I was just talking with a buddy and saying that all of the new guns are ugly. Ten years ago we had Angels, timmys, cockers, hell even the egos liked good.

Edit: Add in all of the old SFT/NXT private label. I still want a RL shocker.

Last edited by paintballer3 : 01-13-2021 at 08:47 PM.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:18 PM #49
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Thanks almost everyone! I really do appreciate the kind words. And the funny ones.

It's an interesting shift for me personally and Kore has an amazing amount going on. It's eye-opening to see just how much they are working to make sure paintball stays around even during these crazy times. A lot of the things mentioned are well outside my purview, but others are exactly what was in the works or will be addressed.

As always, I expect you guys to keep me grounded, focused and motivated.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:32 PM #50
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Don't worry, John, I'm sure we'll call you on anything that's not your fault.

But for real, big congratulations!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:33 PM #51
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Wat? The first iteration of it was a disaster. They knowingly sent bad guns to divisional teams, and told them the ones the pros were shooting were the same exact ones. They could barely shoot 4 pods and just massacred paint non stop until the updates.

You would think with a decade old platform they wouldnt have this issue. But, they also seem to do testing of their markers with players on a field and not in a closed environment prior to manufacturing them like they should.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:28 PM #52
vijil

I'm interested to know where the role starts and stops. In some companies it's basically "run some promotions" with no strategic influence, while in others a marketing manager sometimes meets with the board and has almost the same strategic influence as the CEO. Generally the latter is better and more common in startups or tech firms (I'm biased), but the former is way more common.

In theory marketing manager at Kore would be the most powerful marketing role in the industry. I think John is on the ball, so I'd hope he is able to build up some real influence at the C-Suite level if it doesn't come with the role already.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:47 PM #53
mountainviewchris
zero-sized solutions

Annual Supporting Member
mountainviewchris is a Mega Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Thanks almost everyone! I really do appreciate the kind words. And the funny ones.

It's an interesting shift for me personally and Kore has an amazing amount going on. It's eye-opening to see just how much they are working to make sure paintball stays around even during these crazy times. A lot of the things mentioned are well outside my purview, but others are exactly what was in the works or will be addressed.

As always, I expect you guys to keep me grounded, focused and motivated.
Are you going to use your past experience spearheading the Evil Omen in revamping the current marker line?

-Chris
mountainviewchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:56 PM #54
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainviewchris View Post
Are you going to use your past experience spearheading the Evil Omen in revamping the current marker line?

-Chris
That's hurtful and a lie. But I understand how living in your brother's shadow has made you sad, mean and bitter.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:09 PM #55
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Wat? The first iteration of it was a disaster. They knowingly sent bad guns to divisional teams, and told them the ones the pros were shooting were the same exact ones. They could barely shoot 4 pods and just massacred paint non stop until the updates.

You would think with a decade old platform they wouldnt have this issue. But, they also seem to do testing of their markers with players on a field and not in a closed environment prior to manufacturing them like they should.
Mmmmmm. My divisional team had prototypes, and first production guns. We had a few guns that had board problems, but none of the efficiency issues, or problems shooting brittle paint.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:33 PM #56
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends X
kebone posts videos on PbNation
So is the GI Sportz brand being retired for good, not talking about the corporate side, I mean the soft goods like arm, knee pads, jerseys, pants etc?

are there going to be "Kore" branded teams instead??? Or just reverting to JT and Empire teams? Will the former GI soft goods be rebranded (honestly I hope so, the GI arm pads are fantastic).

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:18 AM #57
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
No,

This will be no different than when KEE owned Empire and all their other brands.

GI will still be the flagship brand but KORE will be the owning company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebone View Post
So is the GI Sportz brand being retired for good, not talking about the corporate side, I mean the soft goods like arm, knee pads, jerseys, pants etc?

are there going to be "Kore" branded teams instead??? Or just reverting to JT and Empire teams? Will the former GI soft goods be rebranded (honestly I hope so, the GI arm pads are fantastic).

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 06:36 AM #58
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kore Outdoor Inc.
The restructuring under the Kore name is designed to strengthen the company and ensure uninterrupted service to its customers worldwide. Kore will continue to operate a portfolio of brands which includes G.I. Sportz, Empire, Tippman, Spyder, JT and VForce. Collectively, these brands comprise the world’s best-selling and most comprehensive suite of paintball products.
Though really, any thing could happen at this point. There are certainly a lot of options for them. A single brand could make soft goods, or multiple brands at different price points. Etc, Etc.

Last edited by dreadmuppet : 01-19-2021 at 06:39 AM.
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:48 PM #59
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends X
kebone posts videos on PbNation
Only reason I mentioned it was because John only mentioned JT and Empire in his ‘acceptance speech’.

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:14 AM #60
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Only reason I mentioned it was because John only mentioned JT and Empire in his ‘acceptance speech’.
Like all politicians, they said what the had to. Now that they're there, you can't hold them to their word.

Sad Dresser got a real job, just when I was really getting into the PBRetro gear.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:51 PM #61
p8ntdufis
J-rad

p8ntdufis supports Shocker RSX
"Straight shooter with upper management written all over him"

Congrats!

NAUGHTY DOGS SILVER D1 NPPL 2010 SERIES CHAMPIONS
SHAMELESS FOR LIFE
p8ntdufis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:05 AM #62
pbMareritt
◊◊◊

pbMareritt posts videos on PbNation
pbMareritt supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntdufis View Post
"Straight shooter with upper management written all over him"

Congrats!
pbMareritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:01 PM #63
gbk2

gbk2 is an NCPA National Champion
Congrats John, will you be stepping away from PBNation?
gbk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.